What's new

Question - Cyber Sub-Zero Cyber Sub-Zero...Is he too Strong? Brief Overview

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I have no trouble admitting he is really good, probably the best of the bots, possible the best outa the whole pack, possible top 5, etc.. But for you guys asking for nerfs can we please let the character be out for at the very least a week or so? Much less a full 24 hours. Hardly any of the people in this thread actually have a grasp on the balance of MKXL yet wether a lot of you guys will admit it. I sure as shit know I haven't processed this yet. Much less is anyone capable of demanding balance changes after less than 24 hours. So let's keep the thread on task and work together to find out what exectly this character can do to a large extent before acting like he has a leg up on the cast already.

LiquidDrone

Sorcerer
Guys for fuck sake.... it's day 1. MU have to be tested, with real game examples on paper.
CSZ seems really good but that's it for now. I don't see why ppl hate on this DLC so much. Your day 1 Acidic looks OP? Really? Go to SF5 then.

Guys for fuck sake.... it's day 1. MU have to be tested, with real game examples on paper.
CSZ seems really good but that's it for now. I don't see why ppl hate on this DLC so much. Your day 1 Acidic looks OP? Really? Go to SF5 then.
when a char is this strong day 1 its a big deal, im just worried triborgs universals will be nerfed since the other 3 arent OP. day one of mkx we knew kung lao and cassie were op and that kenshi sucked, theres not much to wait for

They need to nerf cyber subs and cyrax bomb setup into b3d4u3 (i think thats the string). Its a retarded overhead and low setup.

when a char is this strong day 1 its a big deal, im just worried triborgs universals will be nerfed since the other 3 arent OP. day one of mkx we knew kung lao and cassie were op and that kenshi sucked, theres not much to wait for
The other 3 ain't strong. What do u mean? Like I dont just get it. lol

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Haha haha you guys are complaining about cyber Haha. Have you guys not seen cyrax!?? He has meterless 25% looped resets, where you have to guess low/oh/oh
Or low/low/oh/low or oh/low/oh or oh/oh/low and theyre allll hard blockables... So in other words pretty much guaranteed.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I think your memory is a bit hazy there sir, in the early weeks people had Kung Lao down as mid tier and the majority were touting Kung Jin as the best in the game. In the previous patch they had pretty much swapped tier positions lol.

This is not to derail the impressions of Cyber-Sub or any other KP2 chaarcters, but there's plenty of examples of people being substantially wrong about characters.

kung jin was the best and then he was nerfed, gm sub was the best and everyone was right about it, I guess i was early to realize kung lao was bullshit

Noob
Well guess im not going to pick up CSZ, probably none of the robots because when CSZ gets gutted the community will move onto the next bot to demand nerfs lol.

Not saying CSZ is not OP as hell tho.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
kung jin was the best and then he was nerfed, gm sub was the best and everyone was right about it, I guess i was early to realize kung lao was bullshit
I really don't think a 3% damage nerf in 1 variation and very subtle adjustments to his frames on block is attributable to a character falling from top 1 to arguably not even top 10. Heck, most people now agree that Bojutsu wasn't even his best variation in the first place.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Bruh, he has fast armor, good pokes, and a Kano-tier special-cancelable backdash. Plus all of the setups shown don't require meter and since they hit twice armored wakeups are gonna get eaten up.

Not saying he's dumb, but come on. Where's his weakness?
I hate to be the party pooper, but it should be obvious that the Cyborgs have a glaring weakness.

Play against a smart player that punishes properly, and you will see that they clearly have tons of gaps in strings and a shocking lack of a decent mid (and don't say F4, as its -10 and the next hit is high and fully punishable, meaning you have to always spend a bar of meter on something you can't hit confirm)

I am calling it now, the only Cyborg that will be left once the dust settles among people playing them now is Sektor and even he isnt brain dead or "broken DLC". Cyrax, Smoke and Sub will all take serious work to actually use and have absolutely no pick up and play ability.

People are looking at combos and hard to block-ables and thinking its a shut case for DLC, but in actual gameplay, and getting chances to set up those scenarios, they don't come easy.

Last edited:

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
How can we call all pass events broken and not this shit some ppl don't want to be stuck with these boss characters in the final product. Let's add korrupt shinnok too, hey why not! Also, I've never once out of all games ive played call for character nerfs, but in the end this shit will be broken.

We're on a small timer here and the potential is REAL

Speaking as someone who loves watching tourney this will not be good for the game imo

I hate to be the party pooper, but it should be obvious that the Cyborgs have a glaring weakness. They clearly have tons of gaps in strings and a shocking lack of a decent mid (and don't say F4, as its -10 and the next hit is high and fully punishable, meaning you have to always spend a bar of meter on something you can't hit confirm)

I am calling it now, the only Cyborg that will be left once the dust settles is Sektor and even he isnt brain dead or "broken DLC", as Cyrax, Smoke and Sub will all take serious work to actually use and have absolutely no pick up and play ability.

People are looking at combos and hard to block-ables and thinking its a shut case for DLC, but in actual gameplay, and getting chances to set up those scenarios, they don't come easy.
I agree, gaps in like all the strings, especially the good ones, and their b1 or b3 mixups are kinda fuzzyable

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Haha haha you guys are complaining about cyber Haha. Have you guys not seen cyrax!?? He has meterless 25% looped resets, where you have to guess low/oh/oh
Or low/low/oh/low or oh/low/oh or oh/oh/low and theyre allll hard blockables... So in other words pretty much guaranteed.
There's room for more than one stupid character in this DLC Acidic looks really strong too.