What's new

Guide Cyber Sub-Zero Dive Kick Guide

REO

Undead
Perfect Dive Kick
A "perfect dive kick" means it has to be at least half screen and hit their foot, the pushback goes along with the trajectory so you cannot do this at all using the close dive kick. Perfect dive kicks are also extremely rare and will not happen in a real match 99% of the time. Characters that punish perfectly spaced dive kicks are listed below.

Scorpion - Enhanced Flame
Kung Lao - Enhanced Spin
Sub-Zero - Slide
Ermac - Lift
Reptile - Dash
Kitana - D+1 into advantage
Johnny Cage - Shadow Kick
Mileena - D+4 into advantage
Nightwolf - Shoulder Charge
Cyrax - Enhanced Rag Doll
Jax - Dash Punch
Sonya - D+4 into advantage
Kano - Horizontal Ball
Baraka - Blade Charge
Raiden - Superman
Quan Chi - Enhanced Rune (Medium)
Cyber Sub-Zero - Slide
Kenshi - Spirit Charge

Characters that can check CSZ on block after a perfectly spaced dive kick are listed below.

Liu Kang - F12
Sindel - 44
Jade - Shadow Kick or U+3
Noob - Shadow Charge
Smoke - B+2
Sektor - B+1
Stryker - 4

Characters that cannot check CSZ on block after a perfectly spaced dive kick are listed below.

Shang Tsung
Sheeva
Rain
Skarlet
Kabal

Safe-ish Dive Kick
This is a dive kick that is placed from the chest to the shin and the one you will see most commonly used 95% of the time.

Characters that punish CSZ after safe-ish dive kicks are listed below:

Scorpion - Enhanced Flame
Liu Kang - F12
Kung Lao - Enhanced Spin
Sub-Zero - Slide
Ermac - Lift
Sindel - 44
Reptile - Dash
Jade - Shadow Kick
Jax - Dash Punch
Sonya - D+4 into advantage
Kano - Horizontal Ball
Baraka - Blade Charge
Stryker - 4
Raiden - Superman
Cyber Sub-Zero - Slide
Kenshi - Spirit Charge

Characters that can check CSZ on block after a safe-ish dive kick are listed below.

Jade - U+3
Noob - Shadow Charge
Smoke - B+2
Sektor - B+1
Rain - 43

Characters that cannot check CSZ on block after a safe-ish dive kick are listed below.

Shang Tsung
Sheeva
Skarlet
Kabal

Unsafe Dive Kick
This is what happens when you make contact with the head or shoulders of an opponent and you will see this happen 4% of the time by good CSZ players, it is full combo punishable on block by everyone.

REO

Undead
I have a video on my youtube channel (in my sig) that explains how to use it, check it out. I'll try and add in an enhanced dive kick section one day.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
Reo, great thread! My buddy mains CSZ, and we don't get to play as much as i'd like... so this list will help me a lot. Thanks for this.

SZSR

Noob
Reo, great thread! My buddy mains CSZ, and we don't get to play as much as i'd like... so this list will help me a lot. Thanks for this.
Basically this. Dive kick is the one move I don't know how to use fully, so i'm a medicore CSZ at best. Thanks a bunch. But I guess it's kinda understood that REO automatically makes good threads, lol.

scorpion

Perfect Dive Kick
A "perfect dive kick" means it has to be at least half screen and hit their foot, the pushback goes along with the trajectory so you cannot do this at all using the close dive kick. Perfect dive kicks are also extremely rare and will not happen in a real match 99% of the time. Characters that punish perfectly spaced dive kicks are listed below.

Kung Lao - Enhanced Spin
Sub-Zero - Slide
Ermac - Lift
Reptile - Dash
Jax - Dash Punch
Kano - Horizontal Ball
Baraka - Blade Charge
Raiden - Superman
Cyber Sub-Zero - Slide
Kenshi - Spirit Charge

Characters that can check CSZ on block after a perfectly spaced dive kick are listed below.

Liu Kang - F12
Sindel - 44
Jade - Shadow Kick or U+3
Noob - Shadow Charge
Smoke - B+2
Sektor - B+1
Sonya - D+4
Stryker - 4

Characters that cannot check CSZ on block after a perfectly spaced dive kick are listed below.

Shang Tsung
Sheeva
Rain
Skarlet
Kabal

Safe-ish Dive Kick
This is a dive kick that is placed from the chest to the shin and the one you will see most commonly used 95% of the time.

This section will be updated soon.

Unsafe Dive Kick
This is what happens when you make contact with the head or shoulders of an opponent and you will see this happen 4% of the time by good CSZ players, it is full combo punishable on block by everyone.
REo, where is scorpion in that list? he is not there can he punish the dive kick?