What's new

Cyber-Sub-Zero Alternate Color?!

Pyronix

Phoenix
Yes i know to select a characters alternate costume is by pressing Start and selecting the costume. and to select the secondary color you press the start button again. instead of X/A.

However cyber-subzero has no alternate costume (yet). so we can't select the secondary color even if we wanted to. The only way to see it in action is to have two cyber-subzero's in one match (which is stupid)
Please fix, because i like the darkish blue color better than the teal one. ><
and it doesn't work if you select the character with a normal start-button. (it needs to be from the pop-up menu)

That's technically not a second color, any time the same characters are selected with the same costume by both players then the second player's outfit will be slightly darker.

Error Macro

It April yet?
That's technically not a second color, any time the same characters are selected with the same costume by both players then the second player's outfit will be slightly darker.
What he meant was while selecting a character you press start to bring up the costume option. You can hit start again for the second color of any costume. Sadly this option is not available for Cyber Sub :( . If he gets an alt it will be. I know what you mean dude, I like his second color better than his primary as well.

I actually figured out how to get that color by accident, but its kind of annoying.
You know how if you wait too long on the character select it automatically picks whoever the cursor is on? Well if you have the cursor on Cyber Sub when the time runs out, it will pick his second color. Ive only tried it once.

I actually figured out how to get that color by accident, but its kind of annoying.
You know how if you wait too long on the character select it automatically picks whoever the cursor is on? Well if you have the cursor on Cyber Sub when the time runs out, it will pick his second color. Ive only tried it once.
Nice find. Was this online or offline?

I hope they come up with a second costume for him. Personally I'd like to see the barbarian wrap outfit that he wears in the ladder ending after absorbing Shao Kahn's power. (Though I still havn't figured out if he just got powered up or if Shao Kahn's soul took over his body)

What he meant was while selecting a character you press start to bring up the costume option. You can hit start again for the second color of any costume. Sadly this option is not available for Cyber Sub :( .
You don't get the option if you haven't unlocked an alternative costume. You can test this by popping out your harddrive, starting the game, and hitting start on one of the characters. Instead of giving you that popup menu, it'll just select the character.