What's new

Cyber and his bombs

...Uh, I wasn't even referring to B1 2 in that quote to begin with, but okay. Anyhow, if Ermac opts to do a wakeup, he'll snatch you with a lift and punish you with a full combo.QUOTE]

I didn't feel the need to quote you on the entire quote since it was your quote, but if you remember, you did refer to B12 in your comment.
Anyway, that's the beauty of Cyber's horribly long bomb activation. If Ermac opts to wakeup, 9 times out of 10, the bomb's delay will knock them back down, since they'll be in the middle of their lift. I've done it a million times. There's really hardly any risk involved. But if you feel he's going to be dumb enough to go for it, then fine, you don't have to pressure. Just park yourself next to his body while the bomb's beneath him, wait a little. If he wakes up, unfortunate for Ermac or characters of similar punishable "stand in one place" wakeups. If he doesn't, NJP close dive kick him onto the bomb. And the tech roll doesn't matter if he can't tech roll in certain situations.
But for the most part, the tech roll kills most bomb setups, to the U4 slide is obvious. Even then though, pressure still gets too people, especially at tournament play.

lol fail quote, don't worry dude it happen to me when I wanted to do my first quote. I think it has to do with a bracket missing at the end.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I use Bombs ALL the freaking time. I create mine fields with them against some characters.

close bomb ftw

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I've been sort of using cybersub lately, he's pretty nice. Can some people tell me a few different options you could do after you end a combo with u+4 medium bomb? And what you think is the best thing to follow up with?
I have a few different things but I'd like to know other peoples opinions on what some good situational options are

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
If the bomb comes out after the u4, go in for 21 1+2 its one of his bomb traps.
If the bomb does not come out dash in and go for 33, 34, or a throw.

Thats what I would do.

Pig Of The Hut

I've been sort of using cybersub lately, he's pretty nice. Can some people tell me a few different options you could do after you end a combo with u+4 medium bomb? And what you think is the best thing to follow up with?
I have a few different things but I'd like to know other peoples opinions on what some good situational options are
U 4 close bomb = for wake up teleporters

U 4 slide = highest guaranteed damage

U 4 tele = ehh....think mileena tele kick mix up ender

U 4 far bomb ....possible riskyslide on baited wakeup to throw them into the bomb to freeze

Close bomb trap is nice, throw one and if opponent lands on it dive kick and ex dive - they are forced to block and take the freeze of the bomb as well as chip. Follow with 3 4 b2 2 slide or 3 4 b2 2 med bomb cancel for more pressure

After med bomb bait cross up and jump over for pressure. They will freeze depending on character they r using.

For example in reptile it's easy, throw med bomb dash in and he's fucked . He has no wakeup to evade damage .

He can eat bomb, jump over your head where u then do uppercut (backwards) to slide 20% or he'll jump away which u do JK dive

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
U 4 close bomb = for wake up teleporters

U 4 slide = highest guaranteed damage

U 4 tele = ehh....think mileena tele kick mix up ender

U 4 far bomb ....possible riskyslide on baited wakeup to throw them into the bomb to freeze

Close bomb trap is nice, throw one and if opponent lands on it dive kick and ex dive - they are forced to block and take the freeze of the bomb as well as chip. Follow with 3 4 b2 2 slide or 3 4 b2 2 med bomb cancel for more pressure

After med bomb bait cross up and jump over for pressure. They will freeze depending on character they r using.

For example in reptile it's easy, throw med bomb dash in and he's fucked . He has no wakeup to evade damage .

He can eat bomb, jump over your head where u then do uppercut (backwards) to slide 20% or he'll jump away which u do JK dive
Thanks man. Those are some nice options. I mean like, if you did JIP 21 freeze, JIP 21 2+1, dash, u+4 medium bomb. What would you do after that?

Flagg

Noob
I use Bombs ALL the freaking time. I create mine fields with them against some characters.

close bomb ftw
I used to think JAX was one of CSZ harder matches, so I was playing with a friend the other night who is pretty good with Jax. I decided once I got full screen to just start throwing bombs. Unlike Baraka and Cage, Jax doesnt have a move that can cross the whole screen, so he has to commit. I'm not sure how effective minefields are against everyone, but I know for Jax they're amazing!

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I used to think JAX was one of CSZ harder matches, so I was playing with a friend the other night who is pretty good with Jax. I decided once I got full screen to just start throwing bombs. Unlike Baraka and Cage, Jax doesnt have a move that can cross the whole screen, so he has to commit. I'm not sure how effective minefields are against everyone, but I know for Jax they're amazing!
Minefields are effective against Ermacs somewhat.

Flagg

Noob
Ice bomb, dive kick, they freeze, you njp, u4 into slide, 42%. I was playing with Shura and Zeppelin tonight and kept doing this, and the groans I got led me to believe that it was very high damage for what looks like an easy combo. :p

Now of course this is dependent on them not blocking the divekick, but often you throw a bomb, and people will try and move straight away, and I find this works particularly well with Ex bomb.

I do love ice bombs now, and indeed I want to make Ermac walk the field too!

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Lets not forget about the atrocious crouch blocking as well

:(
Ahh but, I figured out something just yesterday that will allow the bombs to freeze on a crouched block. I am still finding out how useful it can be, and as far as I can see, it is just as risky as F221 short bomb on block, as on reaction, you can be punished by fast specials and 6-9 frame jabs.

As soon as I nail something I will post it.

Might not be new, but I was in the lab and I discovered that unlike Cyrax, CSZ's empty bombs still gain meter. It also gains a lot more: 17 bombs for one full bar. You can do 21 ice ball and then bomb for meter while still having enough time to land a jip.

Pig Of The Hut

Might not be new, but I was in the lab and I discovered that unlike Cyrax, CSZ's empty bombs still gain meter. It also gains a lot more: 17 bombs for one full bar. You can do 21 ice ball and then bomb for meter while still having enough time to land a jip.
I hate u and love u

Lol that was in my part II. yea against some characters u can really goto town on fake bombing.

Also I sort of really like b2 2 close bomb to poke poke/nj/slide pressure/freeze

It seems if u do this they always freeze off poke