What's new

Custom Variations - FINALLY!

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Very curious what moves are banned. We'll definitely see some OP characters cause this is mad hard to balance. Still, really excited for this.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
This absolutely makes the game more interesting and I'm super excited. Gonna mess around with loadouts tonight to see if there are any I might want to play in ranked!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Never again do I wanna hear "NRS doesn't listen" "They're just in it for the money" "They don't care about top players" or any of that other nonsense.

They literally touched almost all the major aspects of the meta and addressed nearly all the major complaints. Now it's on YOU to get good at the game. No excuses, no whining -- if you don't like it, gtfo and wait for a new game.

It's done.

LET'S GO!

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
If I hear anyone complaining about custom variations I'll end you. That's literally the most requested thing I've seen when it comes to online play so y'all better be happy.

I know I am.

I can finally get rid of that fckn Blood Ritual move in Skarlet's Heart Pierce variation. Deciding if I wanna replace it with Boiling Point, Cell Siphon, or Krimson Shield. Hmmmm decisions. Someone help.

This makes me wanna go through every character on the roster and try out custom variations lmao. This honestly changes the entire game and I feel like this is the breath of life MK11 needed this far in its life cycle. I went from only giving af about 2-3 characters to being interested in tons. Of course I'm gonna main Mileena, but now I might get some new options! Damn you NRS and your listening to fans...wtf am I gonna do now.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
Custom variations are excellent, but I wish that the move conflictions were taken away/have certain specials have different inputs, but oh well; it adds to the strategy layer.

That said, I do hope that some 2 slot moves will get adjusted into one slot moves. The ones that act as launchers can stay as 2 slot, but I think I'd like to see moves like Baraka's command throw turn into 1 slot moves. If none of those moves get adjusted in such a way, that's fine too. Just possible tweaks for the future!

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Nice but now i will have to learn how to fight other characters besides Liu Lang and Scorpion. It’s like I’m starting over.

Agilaz

It has begun
Real talk, the only thing that would keep me playing Nightwolf is to have the Tomahawk Launcher and Tomahawk Swing. He's gonna be a fucking beast
Been playing a lot of AG Nightwolf the last couple of weeks, I'd keep the string extensions and cmd grab, switch teleport out for launcher, turn NW into a guess or die character

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
Thrilled beyond words that this is finally happening, but I still have to wonder where we'd be now if they'd just let them rock from day 1.

Doing it this late in the game leads me to worry that the "problem child" abilities won't get the proper tweaks that the last 18 months might have afforded them.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Been playing a lot of AG Nightwolf the last couple of weeks, I'd keep the string extensions and cmd grab, switch teleport out for launcher, turn NW into a guess or die character
Unfortunately both his launchers are two slots. I'd take the command grab over the strings. His auto shimmy game involving both tick throws AND conversions sounds ridiculous.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Been advocating for them since the beta. This is 100% the right move, glad they FINALLY came to their senses. I wonder how everyone who said I was crazy and that custom variations would never make it into competitive play feel right about now?

At any rate, fantastic news!

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
I have yet to touch online. Ever since the game launched I knew shit was gonna go down with the “custom” variations. And you know what? With KP2 coming out and this confirmation, I think I’ll FINALLY try out online and get me some Kombat League skins.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Everyone celebrating this like "wowwww nrs is so amazing for doing this" and im just like "took you FUCKING long enough". Really, this should've been the standard since the beta (and it was assumed it would be, by that time). Not saying im not pleased by it, but no way in hell I think they're doing something "extra".