What's new

Custom MKX Cabinet

Hello All,

New to the forums and wanted to show everyone a new cabinet that I built from scratch. It's a slim MKX design.

The crappy part about it, is that i spent $800.00 for stinkin PC just to play the game only to find out last week WB will no longer support it. I was able to strip down win7, and integrate the release trailer as a bootup.

My graphics printed this week, so it should be complete by next week.

With the brooks universal board coming out, i went ahead and splurged on a new XboxOne for the Cab, and plan on selling the PC. This way i can play KI and MKX XL and any other applicable worthy fighting game.

This is on pc isnt it.... you poor thing.
Yeah TOTAL F_JOB by WB. Gonna sell PC and replace it with and XBOXONE...

They had just gotten the game playable, then drop it, the current version in the cab has everything up to XL, so not a total loss.

Just missing the 4 new characters.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Yooooooooo this is awesome! Great job man, it looks super polished and beautiful. Unfortunate that this is another casualty of them pulling support from PC users, though :(

Yooooooooo this is awesome! Great job man, it looks super polished and beautiful. Unfortunate that this is another casualty of them pulling support from PC users, though :(
Kinda saw it coming man, XBOX and PS4 have not been hacked, the PC version was hacked. So I'm sure WB said ok that's fine we will just drop support and make you go get a console and re-buy all the content again.

It's a screw job for everyone really, i mean those that bought MKX are now seeing a version that has everything for the same price as the original game.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
This is amazing! I wanted to make a cabinet, and I will one day when I get the space. How much did it cost you to make the case? You said you used CNC to have it made, do you have connections that allow you to have access to the machinery or was it a service you paid for as a random? Or do you own your own machinery for it?

Edit: Just noticed the background could give me some clues, but the question still stands as I don't have the knowledge to make a reasonable deduction and want nothing but facts, haha.

This is amazing! I wanted to make a cabinet, and I will one day when I get the space. How much did it cost you to make the case? You said you used CNC to have it made, do you have connections that allow you to have access to the machinery or was it a service you paid for as a random? Or do you own your own machinery for it?
I made the cabinet myself, I am a makerspace member here in Dallas, so i learned how to run a cnc there and cut the pieces on the machine myself.

It takes 3 3/4" sheets of mdf core melamine, and 1 sheet of 5/8's so the shell is around 200.00 just for the material. The rest is pretty much the dressings which can vary based on your tastes.

I just decided to go all in and do something different.

COOOOOOL!
How long did it take you to make that?

Amazing.
About 2 months

Great, great work! Looks like a dream come true :)
Yeah it was fun to build for sure, hopefully the software swap will make it worthwhile..

wow very awesome work and you are not the only one who build such a nice acade Version .
seems pc have some hardcore fans , who build cool stuff and watch the twitch turnaments

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=426145891

so sad to get Support dropped :( btw i did not build the acade Station , just watched the link

Yes i saw that one and the one by MK3FAN, the latter was my inspiration though.

My marquee came in today so now for the dress up part.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Yeah TOTAL F_JOB by WB. Gonna sell PC and replace it with and XBOXONE...

They had just gotten the game playable, then drop it, the current version in the cab has everything up to XL, so not a total loss.

Just missing the 4 new characters.
seriously they should just ship you a ps4 or xb1 of your choice after this .

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Don't mind my language, but Facking shit!2 months?You should get mk xl for free and they should just somehow ship it to you and give you all the characters and everything including kp2 rn.

Hah, the idea is to make money not give anything away, so me and many others got sideswiped with an empty dream of a successful PC port.