What's new

Custom art/plexi comparison

Ok I'll try to make this brief. When modding my mad cat soul cal 5 stick I ordered art and plexi from both Arthur Hong at tek innovations and a competitor of his and after receiving both pieces, I can say hands down Arthur Hong is the go-to guy for art and plexi. His turnaround time beat the other guys by 21 days, the art came out looking so much nicer, the colors are much brighter, and his response time to emails and inquiries is almost immediate. Just sharing my experience and encourage anyone looking for art and plexi to hit him up. I'll post side by side pics of both pieces Monday hen my stick gets back from the guy dual modding it so you can see for yourselves. Hope this helps anyone looking for printing and plexi services! :)

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
Links and prices for this Arthur fellow please?

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing your project :)

Those pics were taken at the same spot in my house in comparable natural lighting near the same window, you can see the difference I'm sure

It's just a piece of card stock layed underneath the plexi, hypothetically you could print one at home but unless you have a professional grade laser printer the $7.50 for Arthur to do it is well worth it

Johnny2d

It's just a piece of card stock layed underneath the plexi, hypothetically you could print one at home but unless you have a professional grade laser printer the $7.50 for Arthur to do it is well worth it
Agreed. Having a good print resource is important. Never trust the people at office max or kinkos or fed ex... unless you are the person that works at office max kinkos or fed ex lol. A reliable print service isn't as easy to find as one would expect (that is of course if you are picky and careful about every single detail)

nwo

Noob
Agreed. Having a good print resource is important. Never trust the people at office max or kinkos or fed ex... unless you are the person that works at office max kinkos or fed ex lol. A reliable print service isn't as easy to find as one would expect (that is of course if you are picky and careful about every single detail)
I've printed from a lot of places, the fed ex kinkos by my house won't print "copyrighted" artwork. I originally had my overlay printed on vinyl from this sign place and it took them like 5 days and cost almost $50, the quality was bad and the vinyl wrinkled very easy.

The Office Max and Staples by my house both use this very high quality poster printer and they have super reasonable pricing, I haven't been hassled about copyright from either place (at least not yet). The key though, when dealing with places like these, you need to review the print before you pay for it, to make sure there's no finger print smudges on it, and make sure you cut the artwork out yourself.

Johnny2d

I've printed from a lot of places, the fed ex kinkos by my house won't print "copyrighted" artwork. I originally had my overlay printed on vinyl from this sign place and it took them like 5 days and cost almost $50, the quality was bad and the vinyl wrinkled very easy.

The Office Max and Staples by my house both use this very high quality poster printer and they have super reasonable pricing, I haven't been hassled about copyright from either place (at least not yet). The key though, when dealing with places like these, you need to review the print before you pay for it, to make sure there's no finger print smudges on it, and make sure you cut the artwork out yourself.
Agreed. The print service you use depends on the people. A-holes be A-holes, when you find a printer who isn't an A-hole stick with that printer forever.