What's new

CURBOLICIOUS' Cage

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
No. People need to realize what this is. Curbo went OFFLINE to prove himself. Yes, it is POSSIBLE to play online and be really good. However, that does not change the fact that online things are safer/harder to escape than offline, which is the main reason people dont want online players making tier list or matchup charts.

So basically, while online players can indeed be great, they have to come offline to prove it(which he did, and he is my new favorite player as well).
So you're saying you that a Cage MU chart by Curbolicious shouldn't be taken into consideration, mrite?

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Need to get a foxy vs curbo mirror match.
They've played each other already. Curbo has admitted on several occasions that F0xy's Cage is better. And note, you'd never expect Curbo to admit something like that. Guess he's just painfully honest.

Let the Cage bandwagon begin.
Cage bandwagon? Everyone already plays Cage online. It's like the #1 most character I encounter next to Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Even I use Cage. So easy to pick up and play for fun. lol

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Honestly, Curbo adapted to offline play really fast. Like, afaik, when he first came, he was still playing the game like it was online.

Kid's good...his understanding of footsies at his age is phenomonal. Most people never develop it to that level in their lifetime.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Dont see anything special with his cage. I was in shock cd lost to him. Curbo please come to texas showdown so i can blow you up. That esports money should get you out here. Mm first to 5 50 bucks

Spletty

Grandmaster
Good god was I wrong about curbo. I thought he was overhyped and not gonna do a damn thing, thought he was cocky and didn't respect anyone, and he wouldn't make it to top 16 let alone top 8. After watching him play and the interview with phil he seems like a decent dude and he's clearly a cage boss. I confess that after the stream I immediatly jumped on the cage wagon...

I really need to find a legit one and only main.

MoFuzz

Noob
The kid's skill can not be questioned at this point. He took REO to the limit FFS.

That said, I still think he comes off as abrasive when he posts online. It's one thing to be good at the game, it's another to call people straight up trash on a message board like some internet tough guy. I'm sure part of it comes with the fact that he's 16.

Dann

Noob
I think I speak for everyone when i say, if anybody can get us a link for PL getting babied it will be greatly appreciated.

Curbo is really good. I think he could've beat REO if he went with Jax as soon as he lost the first game. Getting fourth at his first offline tournament and bodying all the top players, This man knows how to make an entrance.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
His footsies were really awesome from what I saw on stream. A lot of people don't even realize how big footsies are in general, but especially in this game. I agree with THTB that being that good at footsies for not only his age, but his lack of competitive fighting game experience is really quite honestly unbelievable.

I still think he talks too much shit. But now when he talks shit, we all just have to sit and listen. :) Good shit CURBOLICOUS

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Yep, biggest thing I noticed was his footsies. He had the best at the tourny. Up there with Maxter's footsies.
I hope he continues to be abrasive as hell online and continues to talk mad shit because it is hilarious how sensitive people are. And now he can blow those sensitive people up if he travels.

Fortune

Noob
I've heard he was really good from quite a few people online. I don't know where all of the doubt came from. I'm pretty sure I've been in the party with him and watched him play a few times and I remember him being good.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Dont see anything special with his cage. I was in shock cd lost to him. Curbo please come to texas showdown so i can blow you up. That esports money should get you out here. Mm first to 5 50 bucks
Dude. Do not underestimate him. Just saying.

When we say his footsies and reactions are good, it's legit. You don't make it to top 4 with Cage without being that good fundamentally.

Theme

Noob
Its this kind of talk that was a mistake in the first place. Why dont you play him instead? You know hes 16 and therefore cannot travel to Texas for a money match, so now youre taking that into advantage by calling him out and talking out of your ass knowing he cant do anything about it. Top notch bro.

Dude. Do not underestimate him. Just saying.
When we say his footsies and reactions are good, it's legit. You don't make it to top 4 with Cage without being that good fundamentally.
Couldnt agree more.