What's new

CSZ Meter Building + Anti-Wakeup Set-up.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Take CSZ's BnB (2 1xxfreeze jip 2 1 1+2xxhalf dash u4xxslide 43%) , and replace the slide with u4xxclose bomb, freeze ball.

If connected, it adds 2% more than his standard BnB and builds meter, and it also helps in conditioning your opponent to doing what you want.

I covered every-wake up, the amount of meter CSZ builds, and possible scenarios and it can be found here http://www.text-upload.com/read.php?t=9130 EVEN IF YOU DON'T MAIN CSZ, LOOK AT THIS, I LITERALLY COVERED EVERY CHARACTER'S MOVES. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY TIMES PEOPLE TELL ME THAT I WIN BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW THE MATCH-UP. I'M DOING YOU ALL A FAVOR.

VISUAL AID IS ALWAYS NICE

...considering the amount of work I put in and that every character is affected by this, would it be nice to get this front page'd?

Tong Lung

What is a breaker?
Hey, I really liked the vid it was very informative and the setup is excellent since it is kind of safe damage. I usually do the highly risky u4,med bomb,dash,3,4,slide ender. Meterbuilding is very important especially with csz since he can use the 3,3,ex freeze mixup.

Some constructive critisism for future uploads; could you lower the music and ingame sounds volume? It was a bit difficult to hear what you were saying at times, especially when that train came by :p

Otherwise it was very well done

GuamoKun

Yeah for sure, my mic is really dumb and if I was to increase the volume then the sound would become distorted. The info is all found in the link so you don't HAVE to watch the video.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Very good man.

Something you should note is, When an Ice ball is frozen from full screen or 3/4 screen, you can sneak in a Mid Bomb. And because, they have just been blocking, this bomb will most likely freeze.

Note:

The Medium bomb is the fastest on start up of all the bombs.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
It takes 61 Frames for the ice ball to reach the opponent fullscreen.

I don't know the recovery on it, But I know that CSZ recovers quicker on Medium Bomb, so there is a chance to get a bomb out when its blocked full screen.

GuamoKun

Interest
Very good man.

Something you should note is, When an Ice ball is frozen from full screen or 3/4 screen, you can sneak in a Mid Bomb. And because, they have just been blocking, this bomb will most likely freeze.

Note:

The Medium bomb is the fastest on start up of all the bombs.
Interesting tidbit on the bomb recovery...didn't know that!

Hopefully the other guy doesn't know the matchup too well. The ice ball is so mindnumbingly obvious with the poorest recovery for a projectile, that it'll probably be easy to time the wakeup correctly. I'll watch the video later, and see if this is viable. Techrolls and timed wakeup attacks seem to be the biggest issue with all these U4xxbomb setups. Unless you're Liu Kang/Sektor and you're playing J360 , because he cheats and has no conscience.

GuamoKun

Hopefully the other guy doesn't know the matchup too well. The ice ball is so mindnumbingly obvious with the poorest recovery for a projectile, that it'll probably be easy to time the wakeup correctly. I'll watch the video later, and see if this is viable. Techrolls and timed wakeup attacks seem to be the biggest issue with all these U4xxbomb setups. Unless you're Liu Kang/Sektor and you're playing J360 , because he cheats and has no conscience.
The only wakeups that really punish CSZ hard for this are ones that are easy to get a full punish if blocked.

U4xxclose bomb gives you plenty of time to throw out an ice blast. Read the link, it tells you everything.

I was thinking along the lines of Kabal and Kitana, who, when they see the ice ball coming, have more than enough time to time and react, and cut off the bomb and ball with invincibility into punish. If you're going to go for gold, go for gold, y'know?
Again, I'll test this out on the harder matchups later. He either wins on the ground or has no hope of pressuring certain characters on the ground. Damn I wish B2 had Jade range.

Edit: Watched the video.
J's setup, divekick setup, and block mindgames still seem the most viable.