What's new

CSZ Bomb Setup

kisan

Noob
kind of surprised this hasn't popped up yet
one of the bnb combos I saw on here ended with 2,1,1+2, f.dash, f+1,4
problem with this is the insane recovery time on it so you can't keep up pressure and you also can't special move cancel the end.

however if you use just u4 instead of f+1,4, you cancel it... into a bomb
this chops off the recovery on your kick, leaves a bomb under your opponent, and you still have time to position yourself for more pressure. It seems medium bomb is the best for this because even if they roll, they're still in the blast radius

one good setup is the do a jump kick over their head on wake up with a slightly delayed dive kick. if they try to jump, they get kicked, and dive kicked(bomb misses); if they try to block/delaywakeup/roll, the kick will miss, bomb will blow and then the dive kick will combo from that.

there are characters that this setup won't work on that well since the opponent also has the option to do a wakeup attack. the invincibility from the wakeup attack won't prevent the bomb from hitting, but it can save some characters by moving them out of the way and making it difficult for you to keep them pinned down (raidens fly/slides/other stuff).

kind of surprised this hasn't popped up yet
one of the bnb combos I saw on here ended with 2,1,1+2, f.dash, f+1,4
problem with this is the insane recovery time on it so you can't keep up pressure and you also can't special move cancel the end.

however if you use just u4 instead of f+1,4, you cancel it... into a bomb
this chops off the recovery on your kick, leaves a bomb under your opponent, and you still have time to position yourself for more pressure. It seems medium bomb is the best for this because even if they roll, they're still in the blast radius

one good setup is the do a jump kick over their head on wake up with a slightly delayed dive kick. if they try to jump, they get kicked, and dive kicked(bomb misses); if they try to block/delaywakeup/roll, the kick will miss, bomb will blow and then the dive kick will combo from that.

there are characters that this setup won't work on that well since the opponent also has the option to do a wakeup attack. the invincibility from the wakeup attack won't prevent the bomb from hitting, but it can save some characters by moving them out of the way and making it difficult for you to keep them pinned down (raidens fly/slides/other stuff).
how do you cancel u4 when CSZ is in the air and do a bomb?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
If you hit a grounded opponent with U+4 xx Medium Bomb, then dash forward and do 1 1 1 (or a few other chains) then the bomb is guaranteed. However, if they let the chain hit them, the bomb won't freeze, and the best you can do is slide.

Also if you do his BnB and follow the 2 1 1+2 up with U+4 xx Medium Bomb, then do an Ice Ball right as they're waking up, then the bomb is free, although it doesn't freeze, and some wakeup attacks can escape this situation.

R2FI

Noob
what is the use of 2,1,2+1, dash, u+4 xx medium bomb?

they are in hitstun while the bomb was activated, so they are not going to freeze when the bomb explodes, right? they will just get hit by an unblockable hit with ~8% dmg.

or am i wrong with that?

EGP Wonder_Chef

That's pretty much it. You gain like 2 or 3% damage and the meter from throwing the ice ball/having them block it. It isn't very useful, but against a character who can't avoid it, it's slightly better than just going into slide.

R2FI

Noob
after u4xxslider ender i got into the habit (actually i do that after every slide) to dash in and pressure with either "meaty" 34 / 332 / 33xxenh ice ball / 21 / crossup / parry.

if they have no escape against that ghetto bomb trap, you sneak in the damage from the bomb and follow up with slide (not sure about that, is that possible? range dependet i guess) to create the exact same situation, in case you mistime the u4xxslide (happens to me occassionally online).

perhaps it's the better method - instead of risking to miss the slide, just cancel into a bomb, pressure until bomb explodes, followup with slide, start pressuring again.

kisan

Noob
If you hit a grounded opponent with U+4 xx Medium Bomb, then dash forward and do 1 1 1 (or a few other chains) then the bomb is guaranteed. However, if they let the chain hit them, the bomb won't freeze, and the best you can do is slide.

Also if you do his BnB and follow the 2 1 1+2 up with U+4 xx Medium Bomb, then do an Ice Ball right as they're waking up, then the bomb is free, although it doesn't freeze, and some wakeup attacks can escape this situation.
the bomb will never freeze. It is determined if a bomb will freeze if they are in hitstun or block stun when you launch the bomb, not when it explodes.

another good setup on people that try to just getup and jump is to lock them down with JPS,34. If they get up and try to block this, the JPS gets blocked, bomb explodes then 34 will hit and follow that up with a slide. If you're opponent reacts to your jump with a wakeup attack then just leave that out and either 34 on their wakeup or block~punish their wakeup/jump.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Seriously, go test it, it will freeze them if they block, but not if they get hit.

U+4 xx Bomb seems to do some weird things.