What's new

Crossroads

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
I am at a Crossroads, seriously thinking of just stopping this game, i have no scene here, online can suck my left nut, and suck :(

I dont know people, i know most of you dont even know me and or care, but to those who do, i dont know if i can continue to do this MK9 deal.
ive been to 2 tournaments and competed in 1, but it gets to expensive and my mind is not on it anymore.

i also think that i will stop my son from playing the game, and thats my biggest reason for quiting, as he was the only one i could play locally without having to drive an hour to do so :(

the reason i am stopping him is because his attitude with me and his mom is not improving.
right now hes grounded with no tv and game access for like a week.
i think i have created a monster, the kind i see at tournaments that get so angry after losing.
my kid was never like this before, he would never get so mad at losing in a game, but now? forget that, to much.

unless i really get some really helpful advice from people? after NEC i think i will hang them up for good, as hes my only offline scene i have, and i will not be traveling over half an hour to be able to play some casuals anymore.
plus the kid needs to understand, that at the end of the day, this is just a fucking game...no need to get all aggravated over a stupid game.
this is supposed to be fun, not a chore like a lot of you make it out to be.
cus once the fun stops? what is there left?

Then we have all the drama, and all this shit about frame data, tier lists that dont take the player into account, and arguments about it.
seriously, what would people that rely on this have done in the 90's
cant we all just fucking get along?

Discuss away, but please dont be flaming on my thread, as this is not why i made it for.

Thanks.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Real life and parenting always come first. If you need to take it from him, then do it. He is just a young child and being a and learning how to be a respectful young man will always trump anything like a video game or any other extracurricular activity.

But YOU cant quit us. :coffee:

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Real life and parenting always come first. If you need to take it from him, then do it. He is just a young child and being a and learning how to be a respectful young man will always trump anything like a video game or any other extracurricular activity.

But YOU cant quit us. :coffee:
LOL
well brother, is looking like i will be leaning that way.
dont get me wrong, you met him, you saw how much of a cool kid he can be, but thats in public.
when at home? completely different story.
and thats my main issue.
and he only got worse as he progressed and got better at the game, i mean hes good with like 20 characters, and i mean good, not just ok.

to be honest tho, i just finished battlefield 3, and loved it, kinda miss playing other games, the ones i used to play before MK9 came out.

MK9 got its claws into me very deep tho, so is not easy to part ways.
but thats it, my kids shit and all the arguing around the scene, just doesnt make it attractive anymore.

i dont know brother, you and most of the people i met at SBV are great, but man, just hard when theres nothing here where i live, and when you are trying to raise a scene? everything goes against you, and thats from the city/the locale and the fucking cheap and needed diva players.
as they seem to want everything free, and if i am putting up a place for business, and to have a place for the mk9 scene to grow, but people are too fucking cheap to even spend 5 dollars venue fee the 1 or 2 times that they are going to gather there and with all of the setups included? it gets discouraging about the state of affairs real fast.

man, i just have a lot of thinking to do, a whole lot :(