What's new

Cross-Platform (PC to PS4 and XBOX ) Connectivity Issues in Mortal Kombat 1

Mortal Kombat 1 is currently experiencing significant networking problems during cross-play between PC and console platforms such as PlayStation and Xbox. Despite connection speeds being reported as 70ms, the gameplay often feels as slow as 300ms, resulting in a poor and frustrating experience. A notable issue is the animation glitches where players can see their opponent strike during a block and then revert to blocking.

What it feels like playing on cross play on pc is if your opponent is doing 2-3 moves at once (animation wise) , and the game struggles to determine which action to prioritize. For instance, you might see an attack like a spear being thrown while the opponent appears to be blocking. There is no such thing as teching a grab since the grab animation happens instantaneously because of the weird connection and 50/50s are guarantied pretty much. This might be a rollback netcode issue, but regardless of the cause, it urgently needs a resolution.

This isn't just me but a report between a lot of mk1 pc players are saying

Please spread the word

TLDR: Cross play on pc between other consoles is broken.

rifraf

Noob
There used to be a massive frame rate issue during online play after the Janet patch on PS5 but it seems to have been fixed. Ranked is pretty decent for me now with good connections and krossplay enabled. I can't tell if I'm playing against XBOX or PC players though since all I see is the krossplay icon.