What's new

Criticize my reptile

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
day 1,just wanna see if im missing obvious things in my game.

what i noticed

much jumping due to lack of getting used to reppy
no invis
missed some b2 ssfball punishes

day 1,pls no rape

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I use Rep but by no means am I any use but anyway.....

I don't throw fb out at jump range, cos you get full combo punished if they just jump over it, you did that alot.

Only throw out exfb at jump range if you think they are gonna jump in at you.

Try using 32 invis as a block string, it catches out alot of ppl, then full combo punish when they get caught out.

Those are from my Rep game, maybe a better Rep can help you out.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Try using 32 invis as a block string, it catches out alot of ppl, then full combo punish when they get caught out.
Against a high level opponent, you're the one more likely to eat a full combo punish.

D4 invis is much safer, or end your combos with it.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
That isn't very good it leaves you at -2 upclose, and reptile's normals are slow anyway.
I've had alot of success with it online, im not saying do it everytime your in close, mix it up with 321 AH, 321 enDash now & again. I don't play really high level guys like yourselves so it works alot for me.

reptilechef

PSN : Reptilechef
Try to jump less against SZ players .. A tip from me to u is use this mixup : 32 invisibility after that let him eat a full combo and show ur rep duuuude..

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Online advantage and disadvantage mean nothing.
I meant that the calibre of opponents fall for it online due to online players (like myself), not being great & don't know what to do when you do it.

Anyway, i've seen videos from AntiJosh vs Muffin Muggers (who are both brilliant players) & they use 32 invis alot, so it does work as a mix up.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
also someone help me with rushdown,how is a a d3 or d4 on hit useful is 3 doesn't reach them?am i supposed to use b2?

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Anyway, i've seen videos from AntiJosh vs Muffin Muggers (who are both brilliant players) & they use 32 invis alot, so it does work as a mix up.
Those videos are pretty old.

I'm sure by their own admission (Muffin Muggers doesn't play anymore) that they'd have stopped using it by now and worked on other setups.

Players expect this setup and blow it up. Either that or you're playing bad players/players with too much lag too react.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
also someone help me with rushdown,how is a a d3 or d4 on hit useful is 3 doesn't reach them?am i supposed to use b2?
B2 isn't a move.

d4 is usually cancelled into a green hand, forceball, or invisibility.

d3 can be followed on hit by d4 most of the time.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
B2 isn't a move.

d4 is usually cancelled into a green hand, forceball, or invisibility.

d3 can be followed on hit by d4 most of the time.
why?is the dash so good that his pokes could be 0 on hit and make no difference?

isn't b2 the move you can follow with ffball for whiff punishes?

why would i ever do a d3 to d4?

reptile is so much more different than sub/scorp/shang

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
why?is the dash so good that his pokes could be 0 on hit and make no difference?

isn't b2 the move you can follow with ffball for whiff punishes?

why would i ever do a d3 to d4?

reptile is so much more different than sub/scorp/shang
It's just 2, but luckily there's no b2 so it's easy to buffer fastball.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling

I'm sure by their own admission (Muffin Muggers doesn't play anymore) that they'd have stopped using it by now and worked on other setups.

Players expect this setup and blow it up. Either that or you're playing bad players/players with too much lag too react.
Bad players only fall for this? Watch Tom Brady vs Showtime on youtube, Brady fell for it in the corner.

Also just watched BigD's Nightwolf vs Showtime & BigD fell for it twice in the same fight.

Bad players only fall for this? Watch Tom Brady vs Showtime on youtube, Brady fell for it in the corner.

Also just watched BigD's Nightwolf vs Showtime & BigD fell for it twice in the same fight.
Exactly. Plus there is nothing wrong with doing something risky once in a while. You can't be a slave to frame data. You are fighting humans, not a computer.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

I like to cut strings short and throw more honestly, you are still trying to keep people honest, and it's a lot safer because a lot of time if they hit a button it just techs the throw.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I like to cut strings short and throw more honestly, you are still trying to keep people honest, and it's a lot safer because a lot of time if they hit a button it just techs the throw.
For sure, me too. Massive fan of staggering anything that's neutral, I can sometimes get nearly a bar of meter off a jump in and staggered blockstring.

But play someone like Foxy or Ketchup (I play these guys offline all the time) and 3 2 invis will cost you a match, a breaker or 50%. It's too obvious and there's better invis setups out there.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
For sure, me too. Massive fan of staggering anything that's neutral, I can sometimes get nearly a bar of meter off a jump in and staggered blockstring.

But play someone like Foxy or Ketchup (I play these guys offline all the time) and 3 2 invis will cost you a match, a breaker or 50%. It's too obvious and there's better invis setups out there.
Yeah I'm really trying to cut it out of my game, because I have been getting blown up for it lately, even online. I need to work on staggering strings like Chris G, stuff like 1 1 321 or something like that mix it up and stop giving them the same stuff over and over lol.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Yeah I'm really trying to cut it out of my game, because I have been getting blown up for it lately, even online. I need to work on staggering strings like Chris G, stuff like 1 1 321 or something like that mix it up and stop giving them the same stuff over and over lol.
1, 12, 124, 3, 32, 321 and 2 are all neutral, it's nuts. There's always the threat of dash or ex dash so you can get away with quite a lot when staggering. Fuck, even D4 is neutral. All of those can be cancelled into invis. 124 and D4 have a lot of pushback, making them a way safer option. D4 invis is pretty godlike when followed with another D4 cancel (AH/FB/EX Dash)

11/13 frames, yeah. But we really can't complain with our block advantage data!

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
1, 12, 124, 3, 32, 321 and 2 are all neutral, it's nuts. There's always the threat of dash or ex dash so you can get away with quite a lot when staggering. Fuck, even D4 is neutral. All of those can be cancelled into invis. 124 and D4 have a lot of pushback, making them a way safer option. D4 invis is pretty godlike when followed with another D4 cancel (AH/FB/EX Dash)

11/13 frames, yeah. But we really can't complain with our block advantage data!
yeah that is the one great thing about reptile, is that all those are neutral and can be comboed out of lol.

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Herpetologist - The Study of The Reptillian
Jip 1, and Jip 3,2, are amazing pokes that allow you to add another string, throw, or 3,2,1, cancel into dash after hit confirming the string. Plus 3,2,1, can turn into an antiair combo if they try to jump out after the first string that you cut short. Just don't cut strings short too much or they will start to catch on. Also watch out for d1's in between strings. If your opponent lands one your pressure game can be over so always check him with counter pokes every so often.

3,2,1. Is such an amazing string.

Sent from my iPhone.