What's new

Question Could this happen to mk3 sub?

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
we all know that mk3 skin cyrax has the bomb trap and mk2 smoke has the otg smoke bomb, does this mean that sub could have his damage back up to what it was around at launch with the new skin, i've been thinking about this and haven't seen it on the forums, anyone have official wording or anything on this?

zee

Icy
we all know that mk3 skin cyrax has the bomb trap and mk2 smoke has the otg smoke bomb, does this mean that sub could have his damage back up to what it was around at launch with the new skin, i've been thinking about this and haven't seen it on the forums, anyone have official wording or anything on this?
It has been pondered on the forums. :p

I don't think there's been any official word, we'll find out for sure on Tuesday. In any case, all these skins are going to be patched sooner or later -- presumably with the next patch.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
The costumes only seem to be unaffected by patches, however they seem to be under the regulation of hotfixes as well. I can't remember if Sub-Zero had his damage raped via patch or hotfix, but if you find the answer to that, you'll have your answer here.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Are the MK2 kitana and jade effected by the patches at all? Does jades moves not have armor anymore? I can't remember what changed with kitana, just some damage nerfs or something IDK.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Okay, it was done in the hotfix, so odds are the maskless costume will have the same damage as regular Sub-Zero. Too bad.

But I still hope he doesn't.

Kwon

---->----
Maybe the MK3 Sub-skin has the Ice-Parry (which he had before release) ;)

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
Maybe the MK3 Sub-skin has the Ice-Parry (which he had before release) ;)
it didn't look like an ice parry (or at least the way i see the word "parry" more like make yourself ice and its like they touched an ice clone) that would be nice but doubtful

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
Give the un-masked Sub-Zero the up freezes! From all 3 ranges! Puddle is worthless anyway -_-

Now that i think about it...it wouldnt be a terrible idea. I know you can't give him them now, cuz u cant really add moves via patch, but imagine if he started the game with his 3 ranges of up freezes, a la Shang sky skulls or Kenshi tele-overhead. It's another great tool that would keep the opponents guessing, having to guess right with their dash or jump or be frozen. (Oh yeah they'd have to be un-blockable like his puddle :p)

Bizkit

Noob
At this point the post-patch properties of Klassic skins is something NRS is oblivious to anymore... They shouldn't have any problems, they also said they are going to fix the current alt costumes.