What's new

Could Aquaman be hotfixed?

Wigy

There it is...
If a hotfix is to be implemented, I want to make a suggestion that would encourage balanced gameplay. Some characters (i.e., Zod) are at a tremendous disadvantage at the beginning of the fight because others have overpowered footsies (i.e., Aquaman, Martian Manhunter). I propose that NRS implement an option that increases the distances between two characters at the beginning of the fight to full screen. This option would help certain characters who have bottom three footsies in the game (i.e., Zod) to overcome their difficult match ups.

Less cool down on Zod's trait (i.e., 8 seconds) would also help.

Thanks.

P.S. I like zoning
:DOGE srs?

Crathen

Death is my business
But I don't want to learn Aqua!
Not buying this from the human mokujin himself that placed top 8 at SCR :3

But forreal , MMH , Flash , Bane , Lobo , Raven , KF , Deathstroke , Lex , NW are good picks to have an even fight , even if someone thinks those are 4-6 you can overcome the MU.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Not every tool someone has that is dangerous and that should be respected needs patched out.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Not buying this from the human mokujin himself that placed top 8 at SCR :3
Yeah I actually used Aqua a lot in that tournament too...

Like 90% of my match wins at majors are with GL though, am I a GL main? I don't think anybody actually considers me a GL main though.

I wanted to do this for a while anyway, this is my character usage at majors so far:

GL: 10 Wins 3 Losses
Black Adam: 3 Wins 2 Losses
Aquaman: 2 Wins 2 Losses
Grundy: 1 Win 0 Losses
Flash: 1 Win 0 Losses
Shazam: 0 Wins 1 Loss (only used him one round)

Can my character usage be hotfixed?

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
How many character actually do go even with Aqua?
I don't know these MU's too deep but from what I've heard don't Flash, Lex, Superman, Black Adam, Bane, MMH, and Grundy do well against Aqua?
I personally think Lobo beats Aqua too.
Aqua probably beats Bladam 6-4. Don't know the lobo mu at a high level but if he could get past aqua's space control then he has a good shot

Probably not gonna happen.Deal w it.

You'd also have to think about MMH , Batgirl , Zod , Bane & more if you're talking in the prospective of characters w loopsided matchups.

Or stop bitchin and learn a character that goes even w Aqua.
my point is im asking for hotfixing something because i dont wanna change much. at moment there are just 2 things standing above everything else and those are trident rush and mmh. the rest can and should be "rocked" as is.

and i Play raven, so i laugh about aquaman. im just altruistic.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
The problem with all these patching/hotfixing ideas is that they're not thought through. That's why this is done by experienced developers and not us.

Nerf Aquaman, you make characters like Lex and Lobo dominate him. Buff Zod, his best matchups can become borderline unwinnable for the other char. Some of us don't think Aquaman needs to be touched because our characters do well against him. People think "my character gets bodied by x character so i need to be buffed/they need to be nerfed" without thinking enough about the consequences that would have on the rest of the cast. I agree that Aquaman is a problem, but he has answers.

Crathen

Death is my business
my point is im asking for hotfixing something because i dont wanna change much. at moment there are just 2 things standing above everything else and those are trident rush and mmh. the rest can and should be "rocked" as is.

and i Play raven, so i laugh about aquaman. im just altruistic.
it's a no brainer that TR is a dumb special , but i don't think it'll change much if it did just a little less chip / meter , he'd still be safe.

FTD is the reason Aqua wins many matchups not TR.

I know you say this with good intentions but realisticaly it's not happening.

How many character actually do go even with Aqua?
I don't know these MU's too deep but from what I've heard don't Flash, Lex, Superman, Black Adam, Bane, MMH, and Grundy do well against Aqua?
I personally think Lobo beats Aqua too.
Lex beats him cuz I said so.

Please no one correct me.

I need this.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I honestly don't care. I would rather NRS put MKX first and work on that.

Plus if he would have to be hotfix you would have to hotfix others as well.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Why is it every time X character does well in a major TYM endures weeks of bitching about said character being broke or needing hotfix, when this time we are discussing a truly petty issue here. Hell AM didn't even take the win it was a BG main, one considered her worst MU. Seriously, you folks need drink a beer and chill out!

Pyronn

Noob
Probably not gonna happen.Deal w it.

..... Or stop bitchin and learn a character that goes even w Aqua.

This was pretty much my train of thought when reading the initial post.

We cry about Aquaman, but truly - how many of you have been completely dominated by him? Most Aquaman players I fight tend to hang back full screen, so Trident rush barely goes off.

In addition a "Hotfix" is aimed at fixing something broken, and realistically AM has been already patched in the past so please stop this nonsense.