What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
In addition, this:

So lets kill people to save people? I've actually been wondering when we would hit that point. This is super confirmed a thing? (looking that way)

That specific aside, I hope we don't become so hyper focused on trying to control and prevent one outcome, that we create a far worse one. One where just as many, or more people die from the knockdown effects. I'm becoming increasingly pessimistic in that regard.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Why does Juggs keep deleting everything I say? My last post literally said, "I hope you guys understand why I went so hard at MKF30 last week."

Deleted.

I believe it's obvious that he (not Juggs) doesn't have a grasp on the situation and what he contributes to this thread is misinformation and nothing more.

Simple.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
On a positive note, a tobacco company has developed a potential vaccine candidate and wants to start testing it this summer:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-01/coronavirus-vaccine-race-gets-unlikely-partner-big-tobacco

Also, and probably even better news for the immediate future, early randomized trials of hydroxychloroquine have come back with promising results in reducing the duration of the symptoms of Covid-19:
https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/85753

Patients randomized to receive hydroxychloroquine with standard treatment had a significantly shorter time to body temperature recovery of about a day, as well as a significantly reduced time to cough remission of about a day versus patients receiving only standard treatment, reported Zhan Zhang, MD, of Wuhan University in China, and colleagues.

Moreover, a larger proportion of patients in the HCQ group had improved pneumonia compared with patients in the control group (80.6% vs 54.8%), they wrote in a manuscript posted on the medRxiv preprint server.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Why does Juggs keep deleting everything I say? My last post literally said, "I hope you guys understand why I went so hard at MKF30 last week."

Deleted.

I believe it's obvious that he (not Juggs) doesn't have a grasp on the situation and what he contributes to this thread is misinformation and nothing more.

Simple.
Because it was a pointless, antagonistic post. It also aids in derailing the thread. AND, he currently can’t defend himself. Sorry man, It is nothing personal, but please try to understand.

Once again, lets please stay on track and on topic. (Not necessarily saying you aren’t, this applies to everyone).

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Because it was a pointless, antagonistic post. It also aids in derailing the thread. AND, he currently can’t defend himself. Sorry man, It is nothing personal, but please try to understand.

Once again, lets please stay on track and on topic. (Not necessarily saying you aren’t, this applies to everyone).
Huh. I found it odd I was missing my morning uplifting post on the current state of MK11.

My company has started doing layoffs, and I'm one of the casualties. Today is my last day before I'm on temporary layoff for about eight weeks.

I'm okay with this, as it makes sense given what's going on and what my job and limitations are, so there's no hard feelings towards my employer.

I'm basically going to treat this like a staycation, focusing on keeping my self health, spring cleaning around the house, and enjoying myself for a few months.

I haven't had more than a few weeks off at a time in fifteen years, so this break will likely do me good.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
My company has started doing layoffs, and I'm one of the casualties. Today is my last day before I'm on temporary layoff for about eight weeks.

I'm okay with this, as it makes sense given what's going on and what my job and limitations are, so there's no hard feelings towards my employer.

I'm basically going to treat this like a staycation, focusing on keeping my self health, spring cleaning around the house, and enjoying myself for a few months.

I haven't had more than a few weeks off at a time in fifteen years, so this break will likely do me good.
Dude enjoy yourself! Like you said it's temporary, I really like your attitude here. I can somewhat relate. I work at a restaurant, we are limited to only doing to-go orders. This means there are a lot less hours to go around and a lot of people need said hours a lot worse than I do in terms of their financial states, so I only take what I need. I haven't had this much time off from work since I was 15 and it feels crazy. Everything is so fast paced, one silver lining to all of this is taking things slow for once.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium

They're putting you on furlough for EIGHT WEEKS? Good lord. Are you gunna be ok financially?

Deflecting refusal to accept any blame anything else I'm missing from our leadership? Previous administration left you devoid of proper supplies but you've been in office 3+years to restock lmfao what a joke. Nevermind let me not derail this thread again:confused::rolleyes:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
They're putting you on furlough for EIGHT WEEKS? Good lord. Are you gunna be ok financially?
A lot of companies are doing this. My friends wife is on furlough for 60 days as well.

Some of my friends are getting paid leave for 2 weeks. Some are being layed off and having to apply for unemployment. As of now, I’m still working like normal, idk if that will change though. Really hoping we get hazard pay soon. In fact, as I said earlier in the thread, anyone forced to work during this pandemic should be getting hazard pay imo. At least everyone in the medical field should be.

Dude enjoy yourself! Like you said it's temporary, I really like your attitude here. I can somewhat relate. I work at a restaurant, we are limited to only doing to-go orders. This means there are a lot less hours to go around and a lot of people need said hours a lot worse than I do in terms of their financial states, so I only take what I need. I haven't had this much time off from work since I was 15 and it feels crazy. Everything is so fast paced, one silver lining to all of this is taking things slow for once.
Absolutely man. I'm the kind of person who doesn't freak out over things I have no direct control over. Perception is a big part of life, and I've found a big reason we cause so many of our own problems. This is a ripple in the water, two months will fly by, and I'm going to use it to relax and recharge while actually focusing on personal things that matter to me. This also means my Coordinator is staying on and still making some measure of her salary, and I'm in a better financial position than her to weather this, so it's helping her out (which I'm 100% okay with).

Absolutely. I'm very, very good with my money and not worried at all. I'll be applying for the Canadian Emergency Relief Benefit shortly, which is the federal governments response for helping people who lost their jobs due to COVID-19. It replaces Employment Insurance this Monday for about four months.

Even without that, I'd be good for many months.