What's new

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Discussion

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Yeah, I didn’t have a fever but it was above normal. My normal temp is around 97.9 or so, actually. And it got up to 99.5, but it has come down a little to under 99 after taking some things recommended. Hoping it’s just something random, like maybe a cold or some shit lol
What did you take?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
What did you take?
Hydrocodone which is a pain reliever with a fever reducer component (Tylenol) in it. As well as name brand alka seltzer plus (which is for fevers, body aches/chills, sinus infection and headache) took in total 4 tablets of those (not at once). Then just drank a bunch of water (with electrolytes) and also some powerade. That plus resting helped at least for now.

Woke up at about 3 in the morning and bed was completely SOAKED with sweat. I sweated profusely in my sleep, never have I ever sweat that much in my sleep

That’s about it. There’s a lot of stuff you aren’t supposed to take which I didn’t do (for instance anti-inflammatories like Ibuprofen, etc). Feeling a bit better today. No above normal temperature yet (but need to get a new thermometer). Also gonna try and swing by an outside COVID19 testing camp today after work.

eveytimeI see a yank use the english imperial measurements I get freaked out.. 99.5c!! OMG.. he boiling!!!
Same, that was my first thought!

Yeah, I didn’t have a fever but it was above normal. My normal temp is around 97.9 or so, actually. And it got up to 99.5, but it has come down a little to under 99 after taking some things recommended. Hoping it’s just something random, like maybe a cold or some shit lol
Good stuff man. Hopefully it truly is something conventional.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Same, that was my first thought!

Good stuff man. Hopefully it truly is something conventional.
Still don’t feel well today though, just feel a little better than yesterday. And my lil sis told me of a drive in testing place in the area. Might look into that and go there after work. I’m still very worried and want to be as proactive as possible. Don’t need to have the virus and continue to work or go to the store, let alone be around my family. Best to be safe than sorry.

Still don’t feel well today though, just feel a little better than yesterday. And my lil sis told me of a drive in testing place in the area. Might look into that and go there after work. I’m still very worried and want to be as proactive as possible. Don’t need to have the virus and continue to work or go to the store, let alone be around my family. Best to be safe than sorry.
Is it possible for you to not go to work today, and to go for testing instead?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Btw everyone’s resting body temp is different. Some higher, some lower. Mine is around 98.8 in Faranheit.

A lot of people also change by about 1 degree F as the day goes on.

This has been brought to you by Crimsonpedia.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Why would you go to work?!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
In the US, they're supposed to be opening up unemployement to cover a lot of things it used to not cover, in addition to tacking on an extra $600 to the standard amount. I don't know anyone who has successfully benefited from it, though. I qualify and applied, and all of my trivia hosts, who are private contractors, qualify and at least one of them has applied, but no one has received even a confirmation email.

I also applied for an SBA loan from the fund to bail out small businesses. It was supposed to be for $10,000, but they just sent out an email saying they've stepped it back to $1,000 per employee, which fucks small businesses pretty hard since so many of them are sole-propietorships or mom-and-pop operations. I'm technically the sole employee of my company, so I may be receiving a whopping $1,000 to keep my company afloat during a time when all of my venues are shut down and I have literally zero income coming in. For real insight into how business owners feel about this, check out the r/smallbusiness reddit.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Nah, if you have it you can literally be killing other people or their loved ones. That's not cool.
I work at a restaurant, we do to go orders now. Anyone at work is there VOLUNTARILY and anyone who goes out to eat there is also doing so by CHOICE, not necessity, fuckin spare me dude. Saying "nah" doesn't give any of us without guaranteed financial stability a pass from working.

Things are happening quite differently here in Canada and my province of Ontario. The government has put in measures that now prevent landlords from evicting tenants who can't pay during this time, hydro bills are being lowered, insurance companies are giving credits and lowering rates, and most service companies are not charging interest for late payments.

I heard banks are being lenient with mortgage payments as well, though I'm not 100% sure. It would fit in with the everyone-pitching-in-helping-out-and-cutting-slack national mentality here.

The government deferred employment insurance in favour of their new Canadian Emergency Relief Benefit. Anyone who can not work due to COVID-19 gets it. It's $2000.00 a month, though you will need to pay tax on it come tax time in 2021. Speaking of Federal and Provincial taxes, for those who owe, it's normally due on April 30th, but this has been pushed to late August now.

For telecom services, most companies are giving unlimited data and national long distance complimentary if you didn't have it before for a few months. Again, everyone is stepping up.

For me, I received my first CERB payment a week ago, I'm getting insurance discounts, free national long distance, and I know I'd qualify for a lot of bill payment leniency if needed.

Overall, the governments here are really doing well.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Hydrocodone which is a pain reliever with a fever reducer component (Tylenol) in it. As well as name brand alka seltzer plus (which is for fevers, body aches/chills, sinus infection and headache) took in total 4 tablets of those (not at once). Then just drank a bunch of water (with electrolytes) and also some powerade. That plus resting helped at least for now.

Woke up at about 3 in the morning and bed was completely SOAKED with sweat. I sweated profusely in my sleep, never have I ever sweat that much in my sleep

That’s about it. There’s a lot of stuff you aren’t supposed to take which I didn’t do (for instance anti-inflammatories like Ibuprofen, etc). Feeling a bit better today. No above normal temperature yet (but need to get a new thermometer). Also gonna try and swing by an outside COVID19 testing camp today after work.
Right about a month ago I had the most major Asthma flare up I've had. Two weeks and two rounds of medications seem to finally get me mostly back to normal. One week was kinda sketch but at the time I also started waking up soaked for the first time. Happened about 3-4 times.

Docs were pretty sure it was just Asthma, but part of me wonders and kinda hopes it was the thing. It would be nice to be on the other side of it, but I'm probably not. I still have to use way more meds than normal, so instead I'm probably more in the high risk camp than anything. The night sweats were weird and kinda gross though. Hasn't happened since then.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
And going to work with possibily to make hundreds of ppl sick or dying is the better option?
I work at a restaurant, we do to go orders now. Anyone at work is there VOLUNTARILY and anyone who goes out to eat there is also doing so by CHOICE, not necessity, fuckin spare me dude. Saying "nah" doesn't give any of us without guaranteed financial stability a pass from working.

That is a copy/paste of my response to Crimson. I'll expand on it a little since you clearly didn't read it.
  • My co workers and I that are there have already consented to any of the potential repercussions and are only there cause we got bills to pay. Our temperatures are taken at the beginning of each shift (far from perfect because as Crimson pointed out, everyone's resting temperature is different, but it's something). Masks, gloves, and glasses at all times obviously.
  • The customers that go there aren't carrying out essential business, it's not like we're running around a grocery store spitting on people. Seeing as a $100 plus steak dinner isn't a necessity and is once again... a CHOICE, any customer that goes there is accepting any potential risks as well.
In summary, all the workers there aren't being forced and are only there because they need to be. Not everyone's in the position to not work. If you leave your house, that's on you. If you have to work to make ends meet, that's what you have to do. I'm a full time college student and depended on being a full time waiter as well to make it happen, my classes are still happening online, shit isn't free, so yeah working is the ONLY option.

If you're fortunate enough to not have to work a lot, then do it. I'm a lot better off than a lot of my co workers financially so I've been working as little as possible so they could get the hours they need during this cutback, but it is still absolutely a thing. People who have to work still don't deserve anyone's judgement.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter

That is a copy/paste of my response to Crimson. I'll expand on it a little since you clearly didn't read it.
  • My co workers and I that are there have already consented to any of the potential repercussions and are only there cause we got bills to pay. Our temperatures are taken at the beginning of each shift (far from perfect because as Crimson pointed out, everyone's resting temperature is different, but it's something). Masks, gloves, and glasses at all times obviously.
  • The customers that go there aren't carrying out essential business, it's not like we're running around a grocery store spitting on people. Seeing as a $100 plus steak dinner isn't a necessity and is once again... a CHOICE, any customer that goes there is accepting any potential risks as well.
In summary, all the workers there aren't being forced and are only there because they need to be. Not everyone's in the position to not work. If you leave your house, that's on you. If you have to work to make ends meet, that's what you have to do. I'm a full time college student and depended on being a full time waiter as well to make it happen, my classes are still happening online, shit isn't free, so yeah working is the ONLY option.

If you're fortunate enough to not have to work a lot, then do it. I'm a lot better off than a lot of my co workers financially so I've been working as little as possible so they could get the hours they need during this cutback, but it is still absolutely a thing. People who have to work still don't deserve anyone's judgement.
I think you all are arguing two different points. You're talking about healthy people still going to work because you've gotta pay the bills, which is totally understandable. And he's talking about how irresponsible it is to go to work when you think you've got this highly contagious disease that will spread to your coworkers and put them in your situation, as well as infecting your customers.

I think part of the disagreement might be cultural. @Hellbringer isn't from the US, and I'm sure his healthcare system is better suited to helping the citizens deal with this pandemic without endangering themselves or others. Unfortunately, here in the US, our healthcare system is totally fucked and results in people having to put themselves and others at risk to avoid becoming homeless. I keep reading stories about "essential" workers that died from the virus, and when a family member goes to pick up their last paycheck, it's for something around $20. Utter lunacy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/comments/g0twks
Through tears, Shepherd said Giant Food gave her a certificate marking Jordan's six years of service at the store, as well as her last paycheck. "She would've loved to receive this herself. Leilani's paycheck. I got this paycheck yesterday for twenty dollars," Shepherd said through tears. "Twenty dollars and sixty four cents. My baby's gone because of $20.64. You know what using the proper PPE could've done for my baby?"
"What mother wants to lose their baby to a virus that we can't see?" she said. "For $20.64 they could've bought a box of gloves to give them. They could've kept that paycheck. She did this from her heart, not for the money."

Last edited: