What's new

Cop Allegedly Shot Unarmed Man Parked In His Own Driveway

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
"NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. (AP) — Ernest Satterwhite was a laid-back former mechanic with a habit of ignoring police officers who tried to pull him over — an act of defiance that ultimately got him killed.

The 68-year-old black great-grandfather was shot to death after a slow-speed chase as he parked in his own driveway, by a 25-year-old white police officer who repeatedly fired through the driver's side door.

Investigators determined that North Augusta Public Safety Officer Justin Craven broke the law. A prosecutor, in a rare action against a police officer, sought to charge him with voluntary manslaughter, punishable by up to 30 years in prison. But the grand jury disagreed, indicting him on a misdemeanor."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/30/ernest-satterwhite-just-craven_n_5907544.html

"The family says the officers yanked the mortally wounded man out of the car, restrained him and left him on the ground unattended until paramedics arrived."

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
THis is the best thing I've read all month;

Sometimes, the video can exonerate officers: In August, a South Carolina prosecutor refused to file criminal charges against a York County deputy who wounded a 70-year-old man after mistaking his cane for a shotgun during an after-dark traffic stop. Using video, the sheriff showed how the cane's shaft could be mistaken for a gun barrel in the dim light.[/quote]

Shaazzyam

Again...?
Breh, so many lives were saved because of this hero. Think of all the people that evil, evil man could have injured with that car of his!

All these unarmed people keep getting shot....i guess im gonna start carrying a gun around to lower my risk of being shot
I'm sorry, but judging from this: http://testyourmight.com/threads/bad-cops-killing-people-again-rip-john-crawford.46120/ that might have the complete opposite effect. In an open-carry state you're still not safe.
Before you know what hit you, you'll be half dead on the ground and a grand jury will find your murder justified.

Shaazzyam

I forget his user name but there is a resident cop here who I'm sure will be able to somehow justify this.

#ToProtectAndServe
Considering the frequency of threads popping up on brutality, it must be pretty hard to keep downplaying the serious problem with law enforcement in this country.