What's new

continue juggle combos and fatalitys

So i've started to take a liking to a few characters who use the sme string to juggle and build up damage ( Baraka, Liu Kang, Sonya, ect..) but find that i can only hit about 3 repatitions. Then i either whiff or have to end the combo which results in lower damage than i should do. What's the best way to improve on catching a juggled opponent multiple times to increase my damage output?

Also when i'm playing with my friends offline and online all they want to do are fatalities. I'll use them every so often or if it was an awesome fight but most of the time it's just an uppercut or special move so we can start the next round. Although when i don't do fatalities it seem like i'm missing a huge part of what makes Mortal Kombat dfferent from every other fighter. Just curious as to what the community thinks about fatalities.

iWumbo

Noob
The ability to perform combos consistently is just a matter of practicing, and learning the timing of pressing the buttons. All I can say to help is to spend some time in Practice Mode, and do those juggles over and over again until you can do them with your eyes closed.
I had the same problem at first, I main Liu Kang as well. Just get comfortable with dashing in between repetitions, and pretty much just being on-point with the timing.

As for fatalities, it's a matter of preference. Yeah, they're pretty badass animations, but hey, if you're playing to get some quick matches in, then go ahead and skip them. Even though they only last for about 20-25 seconds, it can add up to a lot of wasted time. I guess it just depends on what you're focusing on at the time.

DCT

Noob
The ability to perform combos consistently is just a matter of practicing, and learning the timing of pressing the buttons. All I can say to help is to spend some time in Practice Mode, and do those juggles over and over again until you can do them with your eyes closed.
I had the same problem at first, I main Liu Kang as well. Just get comfortable with dashing in between repetitions, and pretty much just being on-point with the timing.

As for fatalities, it's a matter of preference. Yeah, they're pretty badass animations, but hey, if you're playing to get some quick matches in, then go ahead and skip them. Even though they only last for about 20-25 seconds, it can add up to a lot of wasted time. I guess it just depends on what you're focusing on at the time.
Could not of said it better myself, like iWumbo said you just got to practice,practice,practice till it becomes like second nature but if you find yourself having trouble with the combo try working on it by breaking it down,it can be hard if the part your having trouble with is the actual juggle part, but it could still be done for example when I was learning Kano's 212, dash, 212, dash, 212, ball combo I started with just doing the 212 till I could do it at least 85% to 90% of the time then I started working on my timing on the dashing in and landing the first hit to contuine the combo and I did that by just doing the launcher(212) and then dash and land the first hit with the 2 and again I kept doing that till I could do it 80 to 90% of the time and then worked on doing the second and third hit before I knew it I was hitting and finishing the full combo it with out really trying.

Not saying that method may work for you but I couldn't hurt.