What's new

Consistency vs Difficult/High Damage

Consistency vs Diffucult/High Damage combos

• Total voters

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Even with practice I still wouldn't call combos with this move a Bnb until they change the timing of it, it's probably the most ridiculous input for a Normal or string in the game and feels 10x worse than Lao 112124
Dunno about you, but it's really consistent for me.I can do 4u4 combos online pretty easy tbh.:D

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Jacqui 4u4 easy breh....
In the beta yes.

Consistency is always preferred over damage.

If the difference between the high damage combo and the lower one is minimal (1-3%) than I will always go for the more consistent one.

If the difference however is significant 5-10%+ I will endeavour to learn the new combos and keep practising until I get them. If I can't get them (for whatever reason) then maybe I don't have the execution to play that character and should chose someone else.

Last edited:

xxFalcon Loverxx

In the beta yes.

Consistency is always preferred over damage.

If the difference between the high damage combo and the lower one is minimal (1-3%) than I will always go for the more consistent one.

If the difference however is significant 5-10%+ I will endeavour to learn the new combos and keep practising until I get them. If I can't get them (for whatever reason) then maybe I don't have the execution to play that character and should chose someone else.
The comment of mine you quoted was sarcastic btw, (Ik about poe's law)i don't have the beta.I'm able to do it consistently both offline and online.
Yes i agree with you,with demo sonya i couldn't do the 6 grenade combo even if i practiced it sooooo,much.So i didn't try to do it. :D

It depends , if there is a huge diffirence (like 30% compared to 41%) then im obviously going with the 41% all it takes is practice , but if there's a small diffirence ( 36% compared to 39%)then i wont bother.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I go for the consistent high damage because I've been playing Kotal Kahn since the beginning and I can do his big hitters in my sleep.

If I played a harder character like Jax or Liu Kang, I would probably take the safe route.

xxFalcon Loverxx

I go for the consistent high damage because I've been playing Kotal Kahn since the beginning and I can do his big hitters in my sleep.

If I played a harder character like Jax or Liu Kang, I would probably take the safe route.
I thought everyone said liu kang is easy?:coffee:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
A game like MKX that has 2 buffer systems and a drop can cost you the entire game kinda makes it extremely dificult to play hard execution barrier characters and do high damage with said chars, so consistency is something you want to have all the time due the pace of the game as well.

Easier characters can do easy and high damage at cost of less execution barrier than the character you might be playing, so in order to balance out how often one can open the other player up, you will need to rely more on consistency.

ArybaStacks

Cassandra Cage
Some combos are difficult while others recquire muscle memory. A good example is Cassie's corner combo after the starter then the flip kick, when u run in, and input 121, timing is the key, MAJOR KEY, takes some time to get used to, but once u get it, its easy, but then, there are some heavy execution combos that incase they whiff, full punish. Nothing is hard, if i want to play at the highest level. L A B B O Y Z .

xxFalcon Loverxx

Very difficult, IMO.

Where he fails is in swag, IMO.

He's like a hipster riding a unicycle. Its difficult, but are you really impressed?
I've heard tons of people who can't even do iafbs say to me: "Tbh Liu Kang seems braindead and OP in general" You're probably the only person I've heard of who actually admits Liu is hard.Lol.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
When I first started off, I went for consistency. Now I'm starting to get a better understanding of how to train so now those "difficult" combos are becoming consistent. Now high damage and consistency are becoming one

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
It depends. If the player is equal to or better than me, I keep it simple. If they're considerably worse, then I go for the harder combos to practice them in a real setting with no real risk of punishment for dropping them.

Reactions: GAV

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
Practice is called practice for a reason bro.
I rarely go for high damage online(obvious reasons) offline I do the damage over consistency due to no lag only thing that'll make me drop it is tournament nerves.

GAV

I've heard tons of people who can't even do iafbs say to me: "Tbh Liu Kang seems braindead and OP in general" You're probably the only person I've heard of who actually admits Liu is hard.Lol.
The people that say Liu Kang is brain-dead have limited knowledge - and its only from one side.

His meta (what to do) isn't super complex, but his execution barriers are very difficult to overcome.

GAV

Please add third choice for both low-consistency/low-damage (aka "just for swag")

Swag > Consistency > Damage
...also high consistency and high damage for Kotal Kahn users.

...and also add just mash as stupidly as you possibly can for optimal damage for Bojutsu players.