What's new

Combo/Tutorial music

Robotic

Gentleman.
This is just for kicks and to kill time while you're not playing MK...

I don't know about you guys, but when a combo video comes out - or a tutorial video comes out - I really enjoy when the author nails the music down for the character. Listening to Under_the_Mayo's Science of Quan Chi with the Silent Hill backdrop and Pig of the Hut's CSZ tutorial with Prodigy playing in the background are perfect examples. I love it when that shit comes together. I started thinking of proper music that might fit a certain character's combo video or tutorial if it was ever made. tThese are just a few I thought of; jump in if you want - at the least people may jump on youtube and look up this badass music for themselves...

I should preface this by saying Fear Factory goes well with everybody and it was hard not to pick a song from them for everyone. Also, some of the tunes just fit so perfectly title-wise and lyrics-wise, but that's unintentional, kinda.

Quan Chi - Reflection by Tool

Kabal - P.E.T.R.O.L. by Orbital

Mileena - The Outsider by A Perfect Circle

Nightwolf - Freedom by Rage Against the Machine

SubZero - The One by White Zombie

Jax - Big Dogg Status by Scarface

Jade - Complication by NIN

Kano - Grind by Alice In Chains

Skarlet - The Konami Code Song by Deftones (tutorial music)

Cyrax - Brown Paper Bag by Roni Size

Scorpion - 540,000 Degrees Fahrenheit by Fear Factory

Kung Lao - Patience by Nas and Damian Marley (tutorial music)

Sindel - Angel by Massive Attack (tutorial music)

Rain - Still Flame by Sepultura (tutorial music)

Sektor - Mechanize by Fear Factory

Reptile - Rational Gaze by Meshuggah

arydious

Noob
I completely agree. I can not sat how many times i stopped watching a video because the music just kills it. I understand everyone has their own preferance for music but dont put your favorite song in a video where it just ruins the whole flow.

Another thing i would add is I love whent he music is in the background so you can still hear the MK moves happening.

Robotic

Gentleman.
I thought about Blind by Korn for Kenshi, but the style of music just doesn't seem to fit with Kenshi's character design and style...

Robotic

Gentleman.
Tim, have you HEARD Mechanize by FF? That's the one, man!

Oh, how could I forget Rational Gaze for Reptile?! That shit fits very well with him.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Reptile by Static -X, man that shit is schizophrenic. If a reptile combo vid was made with that music? Cream jeans ALL. DAY.