What's new

Combo Help

GetMindFxcked

Blood Tier
I'm having some trouble trying to land the U4 into slide at the end of a combo. Does anyone have one have any suggestions or tips you could give? It would be very much appreciated. The combo i do is 2, 1, Ice Ball, jip 2, 1 , 2+1, dash U4, xxSlide. Is this the best one to do?

LOCO

DADDY BARAKA
for damage im pretty sure it is
u can end it with a bomb instead for a reset / mindgames

as for landing the up4... try to do it right after u dash... it takes some practice

hope diz helps

GetMindFxcked

Blood Tier
Thanks it really did help and I've decided to do a bomb instead of the slide after U4. Now i just need to find what i should do after i do the bomb. I've tried to sweep but if i do it to fast it won't work. Do you have any suggestions for me?

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Thanks it really did help and I've decided to do a bomb instead of the slide after U4. Now i just need to find what i should do after i do the bomb. I've tried to sweep but if i do it to fast it won't work. Do you have any suggestions for me?
I usually do the freeze ball or dive kick.

...also...that sig of yours....

GuamoKun

Dive kick works good. I don't know about the ice ball though it seems kinda risky.

What wrong with my sig ?
Nothing wrong...I like it because it reminds me of mine haha.

Usually though the opponent blocks the freezeball, and is hit by the bomb, but they aren't frozen.

GetMindFxcked

Blood Tier
Yeaa i tried the freeze ball and it works even better then the dive kick in my opinion.

Well i did get the idea from you Lol.

Stuck

Mid Tier Whore. 1 combo and a dream.
After the bomb...try going into 21 pressure. They will be forced to block and eat the bomb.

Altaire

Noob
After the bomb...try going into 21 pressure. They will be forced to block and eat the bomb.
Uh, they could easily just do a wakeup and stuff your shit. Cyber Sub's bomb setups aren't a free ride.

After the bomb, block and wait for them to react. If they dash block forward, do B2 2 for the pushback (or B2 2 slide if you need the extra stun to push them into it). If they jump at you, uppercut. If they jump back, anti-air slide or divekick. If they dash back, you can take something of a risky measure andeither slide or dash-up throw; the slide should be too quick to block on reaction out of a dash, so they have to anticipate it somewhat. I suppose you could also dash into your 2 1 pressure/mixups just to get the ball rolling again. If they do a wakeup attack, well, you're blocking, aren't you? There's really no way to go wrong with this one, because your opponent is almost certainly going to get out of the bomb's way; it's only 8%, but if the bomb hits while you're in a neutral state, you can easily just let go of block and immediately launch another bomb due to the amount of advantage, which puts the pressure back on them. There's really no reason to rush in and do 2 1 pressure unless you're 200% sure your opponent isn't going to do a wakeup.

Anyway, the combo you posted is his best midscreen BnB, whether you end it with U4 slide/U4 mid bomb/U4 close bomb (teleport), and so on. The easiest way to time it is to input the dash early. If you input it shortly before the animation of 2 1 1+2 ends (right around the time the sword actually hits), Cyber Sub will dash immediately coming out of the animation. As soon as you see him start to dash, just hold up and press 4. As soon as you see the up 4 come out, just input the slide. This is probably the easiest way to land this.

As a general rule, there are a lot of preemptive dash inputs in the game that make certain combos significantly easier. For instance, to follow up Cage, Liu Kang, Kung Lao or Cyrax's X-rays, you can input the dash around one second before the X-ray animation ends (you'll get a feel for it with practice), and it makes it MUCH easier to get a followup. In Cyrax's case, this is the only way I can pull it off consistently. This is also extremely useful for certain D4 jails, because if you have to dash up before you can hit with a followup string, you may be a few frames late and miss your string if your timing isn't tight, so you can just input the dash before the D4 animation ends and wait for it to come out, then go from there.

Stuck

Uh, they could easily just do a wakeup and stuff your shit. Cyber Sub's bomb setups aren't a free ride.

After the bomb, block and wait for them to react. If they dash block forward, do B2 2 for the pushback (or B2 2 slide if you need the extra stun to push them into it). If they jump at you, uppercut. If they jump back, anti-air slide or divekick. If they dash back, you can take something of a risky measure andeither slide or dash-up throw; the slide should be too quick to block on reaction out of a dash, so they have to anticipate it somewhat. I suppose you could also dash into your 2 1 pressure/mixups just to get the ball rolling again. If they do a wakeup attack, well, you're blocking, aren't you? There's really no way to go wrong with this one, because your opponent is almost certainly going to get out of the bomb's way; it's only 8%, but if the bomb hits while you're in a neutral state, you can easily just let go of block and immediately launch another bomb due to the amount of advantage, which puts the pressure back on them. There's really no reason to rush in and do 2 1 pressure unless you're 200% sure your opponent isn't going to do a wakeup.

Anyway, the combo you posted is his best midscreen BnB, whether you end it with U4 slide/U4 mid bomb/U4 close bomb (teleport), and so on. The easiest way to time it is to input the dash early. If you input it shortly before the animation of 2 1 1+2 ends (right around the time the sword actually hits), Cyber Sub will dash immediately coming out of the animation. As soon as you see him start to dash, just hold up and press 4. As soon as you see the up 4 come out, just input the slide. This is probably the easiest way to land this.

As a general rule, there are a lot of preemptive dash inputs in the game that make certain combos significantly easier. For instance, to follow up Cage, Liu Kang, Kung Lao or Cyrax's X-rays, you can input the dash around one second before the X-ray animation ends (you'll get a feel for it with practice), and it makes it MUCH easier to get a followup. In Cyrax's case, this is the only way I can pull it off consistently. This is also extremely useful for certain D4 jails, because if you have to dash up before you can hit with a followup string, you may be a few frames late and miss your string if your timing isn't tight, so you can just input the dash before the D4 animation ends and wait for it to come out, then go from there.
Yup... that's what I meant

Altaire

Noob
Yup... that's what I meant
Then maybe you should've specified instead of giving out shoddy advice, because everyone seems to have this ridiculous misconception that Cyber Sub should just go into 2 1 pressure after EVERY knockdown bomb setup.

I posted a setup off a bomb freeze that grants another bomb on knockdown, one I confirmed to be safe, and had salvificblood repeatedly insist that it wasn't. When I went back to test it more thoroughly, I concluded that it WAS absolutely safe, after which point he said "Oh, well, it's not safe for me because I kept getting hit by wakeup attacks when I tried to attack after the bomb setup". I see shit like that on a regular basis.

GuamoKun

Then maybe you should've specified instead of giving out shoddy advice, because everyone seems to have this ridiculous misconception that Cyber Sub should just go into 2 1 pressure after EVERY knockdown bomb setup.

I posted a setup off a bomb freeze that grants another bomb on knockdown, one I confirmed to be safe, and had salvificblood repeatedly insist that it wasn't. When I went back to test it more thoroughly, I concluded that it WAS absolutely safe, after which point he said "Oh, well, it's not safe for me because I kept getting hit by wakeup attacks when I tried to attack after the bomb setup". I see shit like that on a regular basis.
Quoted for truth. I might be counted among them...but many people interested in picking up or being new to CSZ do give advice that's kinda crappy. CSZ does have to work harder than most characters.

Like what UsedForGlue said in the "Joining the CSZ Unit" thread.

One of things you have to deal with as a dedicated CSZ player is that, you will lose to players who might not necessarily be better than you, who just have the match up choice on you.

For example, you will lose to poor players who use Kabal, Sub Zero, Kitana and Mileena. Jax has also become one of his worst matches as :r:bk cannot be parried anymore. These characters are notoriously known for ruining anything CSZ can do, and thats just a fact.

So you will mostly be fighting an up hill battle that you sometimes just can't win, no matter how hard you focus, and against players that are good players with those particular characters, it gets even worse. So start coming to terms with that and everything will fall into place.

The next thing is to find your own style, cyber sub zero is one of the most free form and free thinking characters.
But being a CSZ player does have perks. People are starting to respect CSZ more...and people do find it cool (pun intended) when you play as him.

Altaire

Noob
I don't think Jax is necessarily a bad matchup, you just can't really go parry-happy against him. Reaction divekicks can shut down a lot of his shit.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I don't think Jax is necessarily a bad matchup, you just can't really go parry-happy against him. Reaction divekicks can shut down a lot of his shit.
Yes, parrying was something you could have done before the patch, on his f4, because you certainly couldn't beat his pokes with your pokes. So what have you got left now?

Altaire

Noob
Yes, parrying was something you could have done before the patch, on his f4, because you certainly couldn't beat his pokes with your pokes. So what have you got left now?
His pokes were a problem even when you could parry, because any Jax who realized it would poke you liberally. I honestly don't feel like much has changed in that matchup.

Stuck

Take it easy man. I was giving him an option no one else mentioned. Baby steps Altaire. The poor kid was throwing out Freeze balls for God's sake. Your answer made his head explode. However, it was a good answer. Hence my tongue and cheek reply, which you obviously didn't get.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
His pokes were a problem even when you could parry, because any Jax who realized it would poke you liberally. I honestly don't feel like much has changed in that matchup.
Jax can now do his Armoured Overhead smash through CSZ's 21 (2+1) Thats now two armoured options, and before the patch you could parry his :r :bk. The change to his parry on f4, I am sorry, but for me, thats an absolutely massive change in the match up.

Altaire

Noob
Maybe we just approach the matchup differently. I don't really play a parry-heavy Cyber Sub, I use it sparingly and it's usually the EX when I do. Granted, I only play with one really good Jax, so we'll see how my approach holds up when I get a crack at CD Jr. I'm sure he'll single-handedly redefine how I feel about the matchup.

With the changes to jump in punch, other players have started to look for combos, resets, tech, that can be done out of landing a jump in kick. Is there anything worthwhile for Cyber Sub Zero that works on this principle. If this topic or discussion has already taken place can I get a link to that post or thread. With Cyber Sub Zero's slow starting combos, a blocked jump in punch equals disaster should you try to continue into a combo using it.

Thanks for all the useful tech already posted by the people who have taken the leading edge in the fight to make Cyber Sub Zero viable.

Altaire

Noob
With the changes to jump in punch, other players have started to look for combos, resets, tech, that can be done out of landing a jump in kick. Is there anything worthwhile for Cyber Sub Zero that works on this principle. If this topic or discussion has already taken place can I get a link to that post or thread. With Cyber Sub Zero's slow starting combos, a blocked jump in punch equals disaster should you try to continue into a combo using it.

Thanks for all the useful tech already posted by the people who have taken the leading edge in the fight to make Cyber Sub Zero viable.
I can't see Cyber Sub getting much off a jump kick because he has trouble juggling low to the ground. He'd be lucky to break 30% with it. When he can get 43% off a jump-in punch, there's just no point.

I'll try working with it tonight and see what I come up with.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Jax's f4 not being able to be parried changes the match up big time. I play CD Jr and TRUST ME I NEED THE PARRY! Other wise i cant dive kick to chip because he can punish with dash punch. The match is hard vs a good jax, well i guess the match is hard vs CD Jr's jax.

GuamoKun

Jax's f4 not being able to be parried changes the match up big time. I play CD Jr and TRUST ME I NEED THE PARRY! Other wise i cant dive kick to chip because he can punish with dash punch. The match is hard vs a good jax, well i guess the match is hard vs CD Jr's jax.
What match-up isn't difficult for CSZ? ahahaha I kid I kid. But ever since this patch I find myself using the parry a lot less.