What's new

CMK's interview with, Daniel Pesina aka Johnny Cage !

X820

Noob
I've had contact with Daniel Pesina and I asked him if he would be willing to do an interview for CMK.
We are still considering if we are going to do this via Q&A or that we will be doing a live feed via chat or something
(2 sessions possible).

So to you, the members:

Start thinking up of questions you want to ask to one of the people that has grown on us for so long, Johnny Cage!

:)

**Edit: Please post your suggestions, thoughts and questions in this thread, just in case we decide to go for the Q&A.

The best ones will be handpicked by the staff, thank you.

Take from Wikipedia:

Daniel Pesina (born 1959 in Chicago, Illinois) is a martial arts expert and a former employee of Midway. He is most recognized as the actor who played Johnny Cage and ninjas Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Smoke, and Noob Saibot in Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat II.[1]

Pesina was fired from Midway in 1994 for wearing Cage's costume in an advertisement for the Strata arcade game, BloodStorm. The ad first appeared in the debut issue of EGM2.[2] Pesina's characters were played by different actors in subsequent installments: the Ninja roles were taken over by John Turk in Mortal Kombat 3 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, while Johnny Cage would be played by Chris Alexander in Mortal Kombat Trilogy.

After his departure from Midway, further ventures into other fighting games proved unsuccessful. After the failure of BloodStorm, he and his brother Carlos (Raiden in the 2D Mortal Kombat games) assisted Data East with its digitized fighting game, Tattoo Assassins, which, despite an extensive feature in a summer '94 issue of EGM, never made it to arcades. In 1995, he and fellow MK actors Ho Sung Pak, Katalin Zamiar, and Dr. Phillip Ahn, M.D. all appeared in a fighting game produced exclusively for the Atari Jaguar titled Thea Realm Fighters, but it was never released after Atari ceased production on the failed system later that year.

Pesina appeared as one of Shredder's foot soldiers in the 1992 movie Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze. In the 2003 martial arts movie The Book of Swords, which also starred fellow MK actors Zamiar, Pak and Richard Divizio, he played a hitman whose task was to take out the movie's leading man.

Daniel and Carlos also appeared in a videogame-based comedy film entitled Press Start, which was released to DVD on September 25, 2007. Daniel's character is called Sasori, which is Japanese for "scorpion".

As of 2004, Dan Pesina is a teacher at the Chicago Wushuguan School, while Carlos has been employed at Midway since 1995.

Gematria

Noob
Dude this should be cool. I wanna see what he looks like, if he still looks like "Johnny Cage" lol. I don't have any questions in mind right at the moment but I will def come up with at least a few. How did you meet/run into him??

X820

Noob
Wow man, some of these question i actually wrote down earlier lol, excellent stuff man!

I am waiting for Scheiss to return (he is out of town atm) so we can decide what to do in terms of the interview, then get back in touch with Daniel Pesina.

The date will be posted as soon as it is set :)

1. What is your most favorite move in MK1-2.
2. Why did you switch to Bloodstorm.
3. How was John Perish like for MK2 (if he meet him.)
Last one, "Do you still play Mortal Komat?"

Tim Static

Adminerator
1. Dan, thanks for the youtube stuff. Is there gonna be more? and how much do you have left to show us?

2. Regardless of the Bloodstorm thing, you are on legendary status. How does it feel? How does it make you feel when you see forums and communities of people who STILL play, AND LOVE, those games?

3. What did you think of the post digitalized actors MK? (Mk4 to now)

4. Ever think or talk to anyone about making a game like old school MK?

5. How is your relationship with the old MK team, and actors? Other than Carlos! :p

X820

Noob
I can actually answer question #1 Tim, Sonya is coming up then Raiden I believe, I'd have to check my inbox for that.
We had some contact about upscaling his superVHS into, something better.

Scheiss and I are gonna decide how what and when, then get back to Daniel Pesina.

Stay tuned!

If anyone else has questions, please ask them today, as this topic will most likely be closed!

1. What are you thoughts on the recent Mortal Kombat Kompilation disc rumour with the characters being recast?

2. Is there anyone that you would pick to continue carrying the torch for Johnny Cage?

3. You choreographed some of the most iconic moves in Mortal Kombat, would you want to bring your spark to the possible HD upgrade for the new actors?

i'd definilty like to hear about his thought's on mk possibly being recast as icey suggested. I violently want HD mk but it seems almost blasphemous to recast those chars that we've grown up with for 15+ years.

X820

Noob
Goofart said:
Damn missed this thread. Any update on the interview? Johnny Cage kicks ass man!!
Not yet... I'll email Daniel Pessina tomorrow.

(so if you have any questions, ask them here, I'll send them in aswell)

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
Sweet! I'd like to know

1) If he has any funny stories while filming mk1/mk2

2) What's his favorite martial arts flick (hopefully not MK annihilation)

3) If he follows mma and if so/not his opinion on the sport?

or and

4) Xbox, Ps3 or wii 0:)

Thanks x820!