What's new

Character(s) you would like to see do well in tournament play

I main Rain and Ermac and would love to see more Rain and some new Ermac stuff. Other than that I'd love to see a Jade and Kenshi player win something.

SZSR

Noob
Smoke
More Sub-Zero
More Rain (CD jr's specifically)

I'm a smoke mainer but I don't have confidence in my abilities to take him there just yet, but I would like to see someone convincingly win using Smoke (besides Blake's awesome performance a few months ago). Sub-Zero and Rain need more community love and people love tournament winners, so i'd like to see them up there.

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
I would love to see Sheeva stomp on people's asses at a tournament! AU digi and Boysboysboys are excellent representatives of her.

Old man shang and miss Sindel would be quite a treat to watch as well.

RamenO

It Stinks!
Stryker. Haven't even seen him on a single stream yet. Except EVO, but that was only 1 and he got completely bodied by Michaelangelo.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Oh to answer the topic I'd love to see:

-Ermac(I want to change this and make him known in the future at some point if I can)

-Sektor(very underrated character)

-Smoke(also underrated and deadly)

-Sub-Zero(while he's very good, he seems to be missing that something to give him the edge)

-Scorpion(much like sub but if anyone could win a tourney with him, it would be Check imo)

-Stryker(low tier and he's stryker)

-Raiden(yes I know he's high tier but still not THAT easy to win with, I'd like to see him win more)

-Sheeva(just for fun since she's low tier lol)

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
-Ermac(I want to change this and make him known in the future at some point if I can)
You and I are on the same page. I would like to refine my Ermac into a very sharp and efficient weapon and try my hand as well. And if not me I would like to see someone's Ermac take a tournament.

I don't even play Sonya but I would also like to see her take a tournament. She's very fun to watch in the hands of a good player. It would be crazy seeing her take down other top tiers and it would probably produce a lot of hype.

Jade would be my other choice.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You and I are on the same page. I would like to refine my Ermac into a very sharp and efficient weapon and try my hand as well. And if not me I would like to see someone's Ermac take a tournament.

I don't even play Sonya but I would also like to see her take a tournament. She's very fun to watch in the hands of a good player. It would be crazy seeing her take down other top tiers and it would probably produce a lot of hype.

Jade would be my other choice.
Yeah, definitely. Ermac, Sonya or Jade would be nice to see for sure and a surprise no doubt

Past

Noob
Kung Lao, Raiden, Cyrax, Kabal

I feel that characters deserve more attention in tourney play. Also, they are much more fun to watch than Noob, Striker, Sindel, Jade etc. All those characters do is spam one move over and over again.

I feel that characters deserve more attention in tourney play. Also, they are much more fun to watch than Noob, Striker, Sindel, Jade etc. All those characters do is spam one move over and over again.
Don't know if trollin', or just very stupid.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?

I know you were trying to be sarcastic, but it's funny is that Raiden is actually not as popular as people think. Only online where you can't stop him cause of lag. How many majors has a Raiden player cracked a dent? JOP used him at Evo but he also played JC a lot too, so not sure if you want to count that

Either way, people will see Sonyas pop up now very soon. She's a monster

Past

Noob
I know you were trying to be sarcastic, but it's funny is that Raiden is actually not as popular as people think. Only online where you can't stop him cause of lag. How many majors has a Raiden player cracked a dent? JOP used him at Evo but he also played JC a lot too, so not sure if you want to count that

Either way, people will see Sonyas pop up now very soon. She's a monster
Exactly. Raiden struggles against so many characters so people think he is not good. That is why he is underrated and deserves to have more respect around here. We need less people playing easy mode Noob and Sheeva and more people playing Raiden. I saw a sheeva player once in tourney play and got bored quickly. All he did was spam jump kick and telestomp. It was mad cheap. I would never want to Sheeva win anything or less MK will be a joke. I'm glad that NRS shares my judgment and decided not to give Sheeva any buffs. Spam characters like Noob (tackle, slide, tackle, tackle lol) is not good for MK9. They are not real fighters.

I wouldn't mind seeing Scorpion or Raiden win some majors. Both are highly underrated characters in my opinion. Plus a good Scorpion is fun to watch too.