Votes: 94 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 17.4%
  • Not enough time yet to decide

Votes: 44 26.3%

• Total voters

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I want you all to realize something... This time around, IF you all get the 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999 nerfs you want, if there ends up being a "Kabal" character... it will be because YOU asked for it.
If everyone was a Kabal character I would be very happy, to be honest. Everybody should be great at what they're meant to do. Not shitty with dumb drawbacks on using what you need to win, not "okay"

Just really good. I want buffs though. Nobody needs nerfs as far as I know bar a few infinites.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
I want you all to realize something... This time around, IF you all get the 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999 nerfs you want, if there ends up being a "Kabal" character... it will be because YOU asked for it.
People ask for buffs more than for nerfs. Characters that need buffs are more clear than those who need nerfs at this point. Especially on traits department.

I am also tired of hearing how bad The Flash is... Flash is one of the best characters in the game. After UFGT, I am only using Flash for CEO. The character is awesome.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Again, unless you're playing a monkey I don't see who wouldn't react to Trait from there. ESPECIALLY if they have meter.

Besides, even if you DO get the trait out, if you want your guaranteed damage you have to use meter as well. If not, you only get a free 5% off of 132 and you're mad negative, if you're lucky you get to sneak in an iaGS or Low GS for your 4%. YAAAAAAY
You can combo off of 132 and get about 28% no bar so i hardly see that as a bad thing.

What if you end your combo or just land a sword flip, sends em full screen you're at frame adv and they have to block that free low gunshot into a frame trap. Instead you trait and they wait for that gun shot, by the time they react they're at 2/3 screen which is still plenty of room for Stroke.

People either eat 4% standing two or three times which is fine because it's free damage. If they jump you can clip them with a gun shot, do damage and send them right back to full screen.

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
But you don't get a free combo and I would never wake up with guns. Sword spin nets me some safe pushback too. :3
Most of the time they panic without their guns so i do :D I'm not talking about good Deathstrokes anyway. Good ones use that trait only as a taunt.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Welcome to fighting games. If you want a user-friendly game, feel free to play a ton of other genres.
Kid please, and I say kid not knowing your age, but in noting your mind set. If each and every "hardcore, upper tier fighter"(player and game) had this mentality you would be dealing with a lot less talent in the upper level pool. Instead of shunning off new players to fighting games, and telling them to go play Tetris or candy crush, why not try to embrace them, nurture them? Because in time they MAY get good, MAYBE better than you?

Gaming fans of ANY genre who cry "DAMN THE CASUALS" are the cancer of this society and not the cure. NRS did a wonderful job in creating this game for casuals to approach, and hardcore fans to work at, which is a fine balance that should be strived for by all. The day the dev's start making the game "for hardcore only" is when you start to see the decline of that game and the circle of those playing it grow smaller and smaller. But I guess elitist like yourself would prefer to play in moms basement with your 5 close friends, using the same 3 characters, then compete on a larger scale with thousands of various talents, and a larger pool of character usage.

And let's not forget where we came from huh? RYX, Zer0, regardless of your talent NOW, you did not pop out of your mothers with controller in hand pulling off infinites... Grow up and get off your high horses.

Because a trait that turns Zangief into Mecha-Zangief needs to be placed in check.
yeah and it's called Cool down + you deal less damage. you can adjust these properties for that "check"

we don't need to take effing x2 damage on top of that with that long cool down.

do you have to BURN meter during your "penalty" of your character's trait and do like 5% damage, just to better garantee and stall time so your "penalty wears off"

If I didn't take DOUBLE damage, I would take my chances at my defense. but because I not only take DOUBLE damage, I have to spend meter to stall time so I don't give them a chance to start a combo.

The fact that I have a longer cooldown + can't do much damage to you should mean you are less afraid to use risky moves because my punishment will be laughed at. And I'll have no access to armor.

what more do you want? you want us Bane mains to just be Bye's in tournament?

Error

DF2+R2
I wish they would give Deathstroke an entirely new power. His current power is poorly-thought out, mostly useless, and there's no real way to balance it to be effective without being broken. It also makes no sense that he makes some sort of phone call and suddenly gains unblockable bullets. :confused:
Makes more sense than Sinestro tinkering on his power ranger's watch to activate a construct.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
xWEBSx Why does a fighting game have to be easy? One could just as easily learn with more time invested in the game or ask someone to help teach them.

It's really a matter of taking more time to learn the mechanics of the game. I don't see why this is a bad thing and that's one of my favorite things about a game is that you learn by playing it.

Why are you taking shots at me though when I semi-agreed with you? Appealing to casuals is the smart thing, but to me, it's only smart in the short-term.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
yeah and it's called Cool down + you deal less damage. you can adjust these properties for that "check"

we don't need to take effing x2 damage on top of that with that long cool down.

do you have to BURN meter during your "penalty" of your character's trait and do like 5% damage, just to better garantee and stall time so your "penalty wears off"

If I didn't take DOUBLE damage, I would take my chances at my defense. but because I not only take DOUBLE damage, I have to spend meter to stall time so I don't give them a chance to start a combo.

The fact that I have a longer cooldown + can't do much damage to you should mean you are less afraid to use risky moves because my punishment will be laughed at. And I'll have no access to armor.

what more do you want? you want us Bane mains to just be Bye's in tournament?
Negative, I would like all characters to be viable.. Is Banes main issue his trait or his move set?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
there are 11 characters off the top of my head who counter AM's trait. Thats not the definition of "get out of jail free".

The correct way to adjust Batman's trait is NOT a charge like Sinestro, its adjust the cool down per bat so that it takes more time before Batman can summon a bat after using them all.

The correct way to adjust AM's trait isn't to disable it after he uses it, its add cool down to it. It has an 8 second cool down, double the cool down on it.

HOWEVER... if you nerf these 2 traits, how about Superman.. Fine is it? 70-100% combos, breaks armor including supers.... AAAAAND, he ALWAYS seems to have it when he hits you for those safe, game ending corner combos.

IMO, people should stop crying for nerfs and think positive. How about for buffs that are reasonable?

Sinestro - How about LESS charge time? Also, How about his trait not leaving after clashes, supers, and transitions?

Bane - How about he has a dash like Doomsday when he is level 3? How about his downtime and down side effects are all like his level 1.

buffing all traits to make them as GREAT as doomsday, superman, etc is very reasonable but a lot of characters need it

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
xWEBSx Why does a fighting game have to be easy? One could just as easily learn with more time invested in the game or ask someone to help teach them.

It's really a matter of taking more time to learn the mechanics of the game. I don't see why this is a bad thing and that's one of my favorite things about a game is that you learn by playing it.

Why are you taking shots at me though when I semi-agreed with you? Appealing to casuals is the smart thing, but to me, it's only smart in the short-term.
I think the matter in question here is how much effort is going into using things and beating things. Generally, things should take as much effort to beat as to use. When you got something that is far easier to use than to beat, we got a scrub tool. And when is something is far harder to use than to beat, the Underbane happens.

Art

Grave_Intent
Here is a list of balance changes I think would improve the game ALLOT! As PIG stated feel free to blow me up, but I thought about this a while.
Enjoy... :)
Superman: His trait is too much like Bane's he should ONLY have the ability to break armor, and NOT a damage boost. It should also have a charge factor. Perhaps it gives him ONE hit of armor on Specials while active eg. The Man of Steel.
Bane: I feel he is fine as is, perhaps grant him a "Parry Break" ability to be attached to specials while Venom is up.
Cyborg: He should be immune to ranged attacks while using his trait, not melee attacks, and the Health Recovery speed should be a bit faster. Give it a longer cool down.
Black Adam: His trait is fine as is.
Harley Quinn: Her trait needs faster start up to be more effective so the random factor won't actually be a hindrance in game play.
Aquaman: His trait need a longer cool down.
Doomsday: I feel his trait needs to be able to adsorb a set amount of hits (say about 4 or 5) not have a 7sec duration.
Lex: Add projectile deflection to his trait making projectiles bounce back in the direction they came from would make it more useful, along with the absorbing 2 hits.
Batman: Longer cool down on Robo-Bats.
Lobo: To much needs to be fixed on this character, but his trait needs a larger damage buff IMO.
Killer Frost: Her Trait is fine.
Sinestro: His Trait is fine.
Catwoman: Her trait is fine.
Hawkgirl: Perhaps increase the movement speed while she is flying.
Joker: Give his trait the ability to parry while being hit like Aquaman's trait but give it a limited use, to where it can only be used only 3 times a match until his x3Ha meter is filled. Make the "Ha"s permanent buffs to his movement speed. Increase the damage of the Parry to 11%.
Green Arrow: His Trait is fine as per Chris G.
Green lantern: His trait is fine. His Ring Grab move should be able to be ducked.
Wounder Woman: Her Trait is fine.
Solomon Grundy: His trait needs allot of re-tweeking. The Health buff throw currently dose NOTHING, make it heal Grundy 6% or something. The Defensive throw buff should give a Flat 2% damage shield vs. all attacks. Damage Throw is fine as is. Add in that each heath gain must be reset with a different throw, after the initial one (Example: Heath Throw then Damage Throw into another Heath throw would yield 12% health, but x2 Heath throws in a row would only be 6%). Drop the damage from the Health Throw by 2%.
Ares: His Trait is fine.
Raven: Her Trait is fine, but perhaps her DF1 Projectile should track the target while in Demon form.
Death Stroke: His trait needs a bit faster start up but his moves need a slower start up, to allow rush-down a bit more of a chance to get in.
Flash: His Trait is fine.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit

Which fighting game is easy? I never said to lower the bar on fighting games, or make them for casuals..every game must be learned, however fighters tend to have a longer shelf life than other genres, and that being said, the learning curve is higher, meaning more time in nurture and education is needed. Making something appealing to casuals and catering to them are two totally different issues.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Kid please, and I say kid not knowing your age, but in noting your mind set. If each and every "hardcore, upper tier fighter"(player and game) had this mentality you would be dealing with a lot less talent in the upper level pool. Instead of shunning off new players to fighting games, and telling them to go play Tetris or candy crush, why not try to embrace them, nurture them? Because in time they MAY get good, MAYBE better than you?

Gaming fans of ANY genre who cry "DAMN THE CASUALS" are the cancer of this society and not the cure. NRS did a wonderful job in creating this game for casuals to approach, and hardcore fans to work at, which is a fine balance that should be strived for by all. The day the dev's start making the game "for hardcore only" is when you start to see the decline of that game and the circle of those playing it grow smaller and smaller. But I guess elitist like yourself would prefer to play in moms basement with your 5 close friends, using the same 3 characters, then compete on a larger scale with thousands of various talents, and a larger pool of character usage.

And let's not forget where we came from huh? RYX, Zer0, regardless of your talent NOW, you did not pop out of your mothers with controller in hand pulling off infinites... Grow up and get off your high horses.
Sooo, you ask for help, yet deny it when it's given to you? Ok. That's all I needed to hear.

You can combo off of 132 and get about 28% no bar so i hardly see that as a bad thing.

What if you end your combo or just land a sword flip, sends em full screen you're at frame adv and they have to block that free low gunshot into a frame trap. Instead you trait and they wait for that gun shot, by the time they react they're at 2/3 screen which is still plenty of room for Stroke.

People either eat 4% standing two or three times which is fine because it's free damage. If they jump you can clip them with a gun shot, do damage and send them right back to full screen.
This is a gimmick, which is what his trait is. And with Trait active, you're usually full screen and it'd be idiotic to approach just to do 132. And the 4 options I found best to use when Trait is active are:

1) Machine Gun MB, covers most screen, only certain positions don't hit , Aerial hit leaves them knocked down
2)132, fastest mid-hitter 5%, VERY negative though and is only to use to scare them into jumping
3)iaGS, answer to jumping
4)LowGS, is to use after a knock-down.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Balance changes in MK actually helped it

Do you not remember 75% bnbs w lao? Cyrax command throw bomb ? 32 ndc infinite? Sonya ms infinite? Subzero resets all day in corner? Kitana 70% bnbs?
NO, sorry Pig, just NO, never mention the balance changes for Sub-Zero as a positive... ever, lol. The balance changes to mk9 were complete garbage for the most part.

I am not against balance changes in games but the ones in MK9 fked up a lot of characters while the really dirty characters were left alone.