For the Majority Do you Agree?

• Yes

Votes: 94 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 17.4%
  • Not enough time yet to decide

Votes: 44 26.3%

• Total voters
Yeah, whats everyone's thoughts on Grundy's chain grab becoming clashable? It's super strong by not being clashable, but becomes super weak if it does become clashable. Maybe make the last hit before getting 2x on a given buff clashable or something, idk. Not sure how that should be approached, or if everyone should just get fucked for eating a grundy chain grab.

maybe naked chain grab unclashable but chain grab in a combo becomes clashable? thoughts? Imo it needs tweaks and should be toned down slightly. It's just too strong in its current form... in addition the less chip chain could stand to have its damage output increased slightly to make it more valuable and competitive with defense/power chains

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
The only time black adam can do a 23% throw is when his trait is active and the opponent is NOT blocking. When you're opponent is blocking each orb only does 1%.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
JOKER:
Full stacked trait needs to stay for the whole game, clashed or not. Landing three parries in a match will be rare enough to have that reward.

BATMAN:
The option to call 1-2.3 bats needs to stay, but the cool down need to be longer. It's a part of his game and he would be screwed without it (wiff punish wise), but it doesn't need to be so easily accessible.

SINESTRO:
Trait needs to stay after clashing, if you have the trait, and used one shot, you should have 2 bars of trait after the clash, just an example.

HARLEY:
All three options need to start up and recover quicker.

BLACK ADAM:
Recharge glitch needs to be removed.

GREEN LANTERN:
Shouldn't be safe after B13 into lift, requires no hit confirmation.

CATWOMAN:
Finishing combos with trait needs to deal way more damage. Huge damage.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Bane needs help, the debuff needs to go, the damage taken has to go. 90% from Superman's super while debuffed gtfo.
Bane trait needs help? Hahahah.. Harley needs a trait period! Heaven forbid you should have a negative effect for being such a wrecking ball for "x" amount of time.. But that is the checks and balances to make it non-brain dead use/abuse.
I agree losing the buff or having it removed under certain circumstances is BS and should be fixed.. But that's it man.. Juice on venom, crash hard.. Use it wisely.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I think the ease of access to so many of these traits is the thing that stands out the most in my mind, and is the main culprit for turning me off the game at times. It's like parts of the cast are just too spoiled (Superman very definitely included), and it actually takes away from what fun i would have playing the game. The Doomsday trait is a major culprit here and I think you've pointed out the reason why it's so (let's be blunt) retarded, and it's simply that while traits such as Sinestro's and the part it plays in his playstyle make sense and is something Sinestro players have to be aware of and create opportunities to charge so they can later gain the full benefit of it, traits such as Doomsday's and Superman's and Batman's and Aquaman's etc, are like small win buttons. Doomsday can just say, fk it, trait on, coming in now and that's the extent of it... and then it's back the next time his opponent pushblocks him out.

To me, anything so readily available and so good, dilutes the aspect of the game I would like the most, which for me is the footsies and having to make reads.

Malec

Noob
imo the Bane debuff is to much, he receviese more damage with the debuff then he deals damage AND his movement slows down. but no debuff at all would be to strong imo. 21sec ownage with what 7?10?sec cooldown and no debuff? go for it and i switch my main instantly to bane lol

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
After reading all of that, I came to one realization: I don't even KNOW what Cyborg's trait is!

As far as Batman goes, I think that he should keep the bats BUT have the cooldown increased by one or two seconds for every bat that he respawns.

I feel the same way for Superman: increase the cooldown by a couple of seconds but leave it alone otherwise.

These are the only two characters that I use in this game, so I cannot really comment on the other traits.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Aquaman's has to be the best in the game in some MU. It's the main reason the Catwoman vs. Aquaman MU is probably staggeringly bad. It completely fucks up her game.
It owns Batman fairly well, too, if he doesn't have any bats out. ........which doesn't happen often now that I think about it.

*phew* Just dodged a bullet shot by the Downplaying Police a la Matrix style.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
imo the Bane debuff is to much, he receviese more damage with the debuff then he deals damage AND his movement slows down. but no debuff at all would be to strong imo. 21sec ownage with what 7?10?sec cooldown and no debuff? go for it and i switch my main instantly to bane lol
What works on paper doesn't always work in practice.

regulas

Your Emporer
Ok the main problem I see is a question: Why should Traits be balanced? They are only one part of each characters tool set and what matters ultimately is the overall balance of the champion.

Now some champions may very well not be balanced but I don't think it's necessarily the trait that should be focused on.

Edit: Except for Cyborg... that is the one case where they certainly had no idea what they were doing.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Ok the main problem I see is a question: Why should Traits be balanced? They are only one part of each characters tool set and what matters ultimately is the overall balance of the champion.

Now some champions may very well not be balanced but I don't think it's necessarily the trait that should be focused on.
I see your point and will raise you a Harley, Cyborg, Joker trait being utterly useless as is.. Ultimately making the trait button obsolete giving said characters a handicap.

Red Son

Noob
I wouldn't mind if doomsday have an OP trait if he didn't have an OP d1, OP specials, an OP skin and his OP style. Someone calls Ivan Ooze to fucking kill that guy, omfg

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I agree, we have characters like Superman and Doomsday who are good enough without their ridiculously stupid traits, and then there are characters like Joker who already has trouble with a lot of characters and his trait is pretty much useless.

regulas

Your Emporer
I see your point and will raise you a Harley, Cyborg, Joker trait being utterly useless as is.. Ultimately making the trait button obsolete giving said characters a handicap.
Honestly it feels like Cyborgs trait was scrubbed because they felt he was already to strong, but didn't want to nerf anything. Harley's problem is that it's random not useless necessarily.

Jokers is not useless, just hard to use right and any weakness on Jokers part is more about overall character design. Now they could fix that by improving the parry but it's a good example of where they don't necessarily have to actually change the parry if they want it to stay like that.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
All Joker's trait needs is for it to not go away till he is hit.There.
BA's trait is fair.
Shazam's trait should ahve faster start-up.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
All Joker's trait needs is for it to not go away till he is hit.There.
BA's trait is fair.
Shazam's trait should ahve faster start-up.
Joker parry still kind of sucks to be honest. It's like 9% vs a full combo in the situations where you fuck up, just for a little speed boost when other characters have parries and Killer Frost's MBs into a full combo because LBSH she needs it.

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
Joker parry still kind of sucks to be honest. It's like 9% vs a full combo in the situations where you fuck up, just for a little speed boost when other characters have parries and Killer Frost's MBs into a full combo because LBSH she needs it.
You.....dare disrespect Fluttershy?

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Honestly it feels like Cyborgs trait was scrubbed because they felt he was already to strong, but didn't want to nerf anything. Harley's problem is that it's random not useless necessaries.

Jokers is not useless, just hard to use right and any weakness on Jokers part is more about overall character design. Now they could fix that by improving the parry but it's a good example of where they don't necessarily have to actually change the parry if they want it to stay like that.
Cyborg- could be the case, I would have to agree with you on this.

Harley- randomness is fine.. The time/risk it takes to activate does not match or equal the benefit, and that is not opinion, it is fact.

Joker- Again.. The cons outweigh the pros.. The Ha's should last longer.. In many cases, the first Ha is already gone by the time the second and third can be collected..so ultimately, he gets a free party button.....

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Bane needs help, the debuff needs to go, the damage taken has to go. 90% from Superman's super while debuffed gtfo.

Shazams trait is balanced and perfect for the character, rapefest in the corner with trait activated.

Black Adam's orbs at times seems kind of unfair lol. I've had matches that my opponent has a pixel of life and i just activate orbs and run towards them without pressing any button lmao, lag helps tho.

Doomsday's trait seems overwhelming but it's not that bad.

And batman's is straight up bs...
What doomsdays have u played?

I mean when they are avg they are shitty but 2 come to mind that id put money on

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yeah, whats everyone's thoughts on Grundy's chain grab becoming clashable? It's super strong by not being clashable, but becomes super weak if it does become clashable. Maybe make the last hit before getting 2x on a given buff clashable or something, idk. Not sure how that should be approached, or if everyone should just get fucked for eating a grundy chain grab.

maybe naked chain grab unclashable but chain grab in a combo becomes clashable? thoughts? Imo it needs tweaks and should be toned down slightly. It's just too strong in its current form... in addition the less chip chain could stand to have its damage output increased slightly to make it more valuable and competitive with defense/power chains
Id agree chains yes