What's new

Char that covers KL bad matchups

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
UsedForGlue Raiden has to make more reads in about half his MUs than his opponent will, this makes it hard to place him on a tier list because you either guess right or you guess wrong and if you're playing Raiden safe you're doing it wrong. How can a character with average damage that has to take risks constantly be S+ tier just because all pressure is a guessing game? What if they guess right?
He cannot be zoned, but turtled, and when the opponent turtles, they stop zoning, and just wait, this makes your footsie game that little easier.

If Raiden does a block string, and blocks a poke, then Raiden is at advantage again, if the opponent gets wise and does a full block string, a teleport will wiff, and you will get 35% for B312, there is no safe option...it's always a guess.

As the opponent you run the risk of doing the wrong thing, everytime, and so does Raiden, but no opponent has anything on him.

Thats just my opinion, but it just never alines with the common forum opinion.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
He cannot be zoned, but turtled, and when the opponent turtles, they stop zoning, and just wait, this makes your footsie game that little easier.

If Raiden does a block string, and blocks a poke, then Raiden is at advantage again, if the opponent gets wise and does a full block string, a teleport will wiff, and you will get 35% for B312...

Raiden has no bad match ups.
Again, in theory if you guess right every time Raiden has no bad MUs, but vs Cage who has a semi-option select that is only beat by Ex tele, you have to make about 3x the amount of reads that a cage player will make, if the opponent reads you're going to tele with cage he isn't going to do nothing, he'll throw or use d3 to beat out your tele or recover before you and have an advantage from tele. So how can this possibly be 5-5? Cage has even if not better footsies than Raiden and if Cage gets a life lead it's basically over. You cannot be top 5 if you have to take a risk to get any damage at all.

A flip of the coin character is basically impossible to tier correctly anyways though so this is all moot.

Death

Noob
100% agreed with Pboard. I also think KL is top 3 and played properly is very deadly. I think KL has a lot of adv MUs. Maybe not as much as many adv MUs as sonya,kenshi,kabal but his bad MUs is what seperates him from Kenshi and Sonya. Sonya is probably his only true bad MU but that is no worse than a 4-6 and very winnable. Like pboard said KL just has to play it differently. I personally think KL has 2 bad MUs vs Sonya and Cage. KL in theory has the tools to deal with his rushdown since he has that 7 frame jab that can lead to 40% 1 bar and his 6 frame spin which is punishbale but Cage still has to respect it. From experience and running this MU with the best Cages I noticed KL cant teleport ever. All his meter should be used for breakers and his best tool (The roll) cant ever be used. On block Cage always gets a free block string and thats the last thing you want. IMO KL only bad MU is sonya and maybe as time goes by hell go 5-5 with Cage. Kitana, Sektor, Jax are all even MUs at best. KL losing to those characters is the biggest myth in this game.

Death

Noob

If Raiden does a block string, and blocks a poke, then Raiden is at advantage again, if the opponent gets wise and does a full block string, a teleport will wiff, and you will get 35% for B312, there is no safe option...it's always a guess.

As the opponent you run the risk of doing the wrong thing, everytime, and so does Raiden, but no opponent has anything on him.

Thats just my opinion, but it just never alines with the common forum opinion.
UsedForGlue pls. Stop theory fighting. High level raidens arent going even with Sonya, Cage, Jax players. Probably KL too.

damagedone13

Keep Music Evil
Let your game speak for itself,enough theoretical MU talk.What i would love to see is a good enough smoke player on that tournament.I'm sick of this Kabal s*it.When you are so good let me see you play different from that ugly gas mask bastard.That 16 years old boy xSmokex made you look ridiculous with Smoke.
Would love to see him again against the damn Kabal players.
Glue is my personal favourite even though i disagree for some stuff with him.Best EU player up to date.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
So, ive been looking into picking up a nice, complementary character that would cover KL's bad matchups (kitana, sonya, cage). I think that Kitana might be good as the Kitana forums say that she beats cage and sonya 6-4 and goes even against herself. Does anyone else have any other suggestions or is Kitana a good idea?
If you want to cover kit, Sonya and cage then kenshi would be probably be best. Its easy to learn his basics.

Kit cage is considered even and she loses to Sonya though. The MU numbers are quite out of date for kit now.

AYSAMO

Noob
Liu Kang gets blown up Cage and Sonya.

I'd recommend Kenshi for all 3 of those MUs you listed. Although it might be smarter to stick it out with Lao just so you're much more comfortable being counterpicked at a tournament. It's hard to juggle two characters against an entire roster, because if you win with Kenshi and they decide to counterpick too, you better be hella good with your second character or you're done.

This is Kung Lao we're talking about, so even in a bad MU he has the tools to overcome it.