What's new

Changes to Fatalities

Should Fatalities be more risky?

• Yes.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • No, they are fine as is (similar to MK9).

Votes: 17 68.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
the "mystique of mk1-3" only existed because no one had the internet in their pocket like they do today.

They could not include inputs for fatalities, and we'd know every single one for every single character within a day tops.
You're right. Back in the day without internet we had phonelines that charged about £1 a minute for fatality kodes.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Most of the tourney players dont even bother to do a fatality after they win a match, so in a tourney pov I dont think it matters but in casual play they should just keep it the same as MK9

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I think they should do a few things. A. for nostalgic, oldschool reasons like MK 9 brought back. Have the fatality time a little bit shorter, instead of 5 seconds or so make it 3 or 4. Second, make it so that you can only move back and forward(pretty much to get rid of people who want to teabag waste time) , with the ability to hold block(as some fatalities required that in past MK's) while say a command is "^ ^ > ^+B" something like that for sure, I think those would be cool updates for Fatality time!

I'm also for more grittier, nastier, darker fatalities(I know they've pushed the envelope too far already at times lol) but always love a brutal fatality and give everyone at least 3 fatalities each this time, maybe 4. Besides of course stage fatalities, example that MK 4 fan stage MUST return!! hehe

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I think they should do a few things. A. for nostalgic, oldschool reasons like MK 9 brought back. Have the fatality time a little bit shorter, instead of 5 seconds or so make it 3 or 4. Second, make it so that you can only move back and forward(pretty much to get rid of people who want to teabag waste time) , with the ability to hold block(as some fatalities required that in past MK's) while say a command is "^ ^ > ^+B" something like that for sure, I think those would be cool updates for Fatality time!

I'm also for more grittier, nastier, darker fatalities(I know they've pushed the envelope too far already at times lol) but always love a brutal fatality and give everyone at least 3 fatalities each this time, maybe 4. Besides of course stage fatalities, example that MK 4 fan stage MUST return!! hehe
TBH I know its fucked up but when Im drinking beer and drunk I troll ppl online and sometimes I teabag lol. I mean its funny as hell though, I like to play legit but sometimes I'd like to have fun too. Other than that I agree with what you say.

MKF30

TBH I know its fucked up but when Im drinking beer and drunk I troll ppl online and sometimes I teabag lol. I mean its funny as hell though, I like to play legit but sometimes I'd like to have fun too. Other than that I agree with what you say.
lol like one time I was in a KOTH and this guy I beat(broke his streak) was teabagging everyone he beat, like probably wasted a good 5 minutes to waiting lol. Even though it honestly looks kind of stupid in a 2D fighting game, first time I saw someone do it I was like, ok wtf is this guy doing? Fatality fail? lol In Halo, COD etc it actually looks insulting. A fighting game it looks retarded lol to me at least.

lol like one time I was in a KOTH and this guy I beat(broke his streak) was teabagging everyone he beat, like probably wasted a good 5 minutes to waiting lol. Even though it honestly looks kind of stupid in a 2D fighting game, first time I saw someone do it I was like, ok wtf is this guy doing? Fatality fail? lol In Halo, COD etc it actually looks insulting. A fighting game it looks retarded lol to me at least.
It looks like they're going down on the opponent or something.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Yeah lol it is, I also keep pressing the stance switch button cuz it looks llike the character is doing a funny dance. Was it AlexDC22?

MKF30

It looks like they're going down on the opponent or something.
lol it does, I thought that once when this guy picked Mileena against this other guys Reptile(they were major trash talking going on) I was waiting, the mileena guy barely beat the Reptile player so he teabagged him next time him, looked weird as hell lol.

Yeah lol it is, I also keep pressing the stance switch button cuz it looks llike the character is doing a funny dance. Was it AlexDC22?
No, someone else this was when MK 9 first came out lol long time ago. The stance change does look funny lol. Wonder if they'll bring that back.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
lol it does, I thought that once when this guy picked Mileena against this other guys Reptile(they were major trash talking going on) I was waiting, the mileena guy barely beat the Reptile player so he teabagged him next time him, looked weird as hell lol.

No, someone else this was when MK 9 first came out lol long time ago. The stance change does look funny lol. Wonder if they'll bring that back.
If they do bring the stance back, they have to sacrifice that if MKX hs a running button.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
I like the idea of the fatality being risky in the sense that if you fail to finish the opponent it would cost you something. Maybe you start with a little cut in your health at the start of the next match or maybe you opponent is granted 25% of meter at the start of the next match or something like that.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Unnecessarily buffing the difficulty of something only casuals do can only turn them off and subsequently lose NRS those precious $$$.

A different or harder input format could make them more interesting, but 1) who cares at high level play and 2) they've tried to get creative with fatalities and it hasn't gone over well (except harakiri which is dope as fuck).

Haha did this one spawn off my pathetic failed attempt to do Shang's joker fatality? ; P

Lol jk. But in all seriousness though, I'd like to see some challenging to input fatalities in the form of brutalities again.
Haha, absolutely not, but it's funny you thought of that LOL. I've always thought this because Fatalities are awesome seeing them the first few times, but after the first week, they're already played out because every match ends with them--they're just super easy to pull off with no risk. I totally understand wanting to leave them alone--it's not a big deal at all because I rarely use them anyway, just bored and wanted to type lol.

I agree with everyone that mentioned the HariKari (spelling?)--loved those.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I think fatalities should be fast and to the point. Also maybe some kind of incentive to use them on people, maybe make the rematch screen come faster or something.

Fatalities are fine the way they are. If there's one thing that does not need to change, it's the fatality system. It is more than nostalgic, it is sacred.

MKVII is available or those who would enjoy an alternative fatality system.

Unnecessarily buffing the difficulty of something only casuals do can only turn them off and subsequently lose NRS those precious $$$.

A different or harder input format could make them more interesting, but 1) who cares at high level play and 2) they've tried to get creative with fatalities and it hasn't gone over well (except harakiri which is dope as fuck).
This might not be the case if fatalities did game changing damage to end the match as a regular move. I just think the flashing indicator has to be really obvious to the players. Whether the flashing come from the opponents body, a flashing screen or anywhere else that's easily recognizable, as to alert the players when they can do the fatality from a combo or as a naked attack. This would take more input skill in my opinion than the traditional fatality system. It would look more fluid too.

And I wish NRS would stop promoting itself as a casual as well as hardcore game. People seriously need to learn how to level up, just like in any other fighter. But whatever... appeasing masses of idiots for monetary potential will always hinder creative application.

Last edited: