What's new

Chances of there being a MK guest DLC in Injustice 2?

N00B

Noob
Maybe, it's hard to say.
But i think probably Sub Zero or Raiden or even both Sub Zero and Raiden has a big chances to being a MK DLC guest characters in Injustice 2.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You know I can actually see Boon putting Rain in this as a tribute to Prince.
I think it would make more sense for MK 11 with a Prince outfit, I honestly don't think he'd do that with this game though. I am thinking Sub is a good candidate just for money DL's would probably sell well.:)

I'm sure they'll do some kind of character even if it isn't MK. Probably sub-zero though. Maybe Raiden or Lui .

Personally I want to see a Harry Potter character. WB has the rights I believe. Voldemort would mop superman 10-0
lol ehh or Gandalf haha, another WB property but Supes would just burn him from a far or call my boy Constantine to mess up Voldermort lol

@ TheBoyBlunder: Ehh MKvsDCU wasn't that bad, the problems were the lack of patches for Flash, Superman infinites otherwise the game wasn't that bad, MK D and MKA were much worse from a broken perspective.

thesacrifist

Too old for this
All the guest characters of MKXL kinda ruined it for me. I want a pure MK game or a pure DC game.

Crossing fingers they won't include immersion-breaking guest characters this time.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I doubt Sub will be, considering Captain Cold is in, not to mention who else we don't know.

I don't know who else could guest, but wouldn't be surprised if Scorpion returns....tho maybe Sonya, Kano, Kang, Raiden, Cage or even Shang Tsung as other potential legacy characters.
That's true. I didn't think about that. Sub Zero just seems like the logical choice as he's the other most iconic MK character after Scorpion, in my opinion. Probably a while before we find out.

Tim Static

Adminerator
That's true. I didn't think about that. Sub Zero just seems like the logical choice as he's the other most iconic MK character after Scorpion, in my opinion. Probably a while before we find out.
Yea, i don't see them actually including a MK character in the base game, but i think Sonya, Jax or Raiden might be added IMO.

kantboy-2

Ripper
If NRS/WB had any sense they would include an obscure/niche character like Tremor or Takeda (both would fit rather nicely in the DC universe) to further push the MK brand with DC/Injustice fans with characters other than the yellow/blue ninjas. Just like Marvel has been doing for the last 6 years in video games and cartoons...

But since it's DC/NRS, it'll be Sub-Zero for sure. :rolleyes:

MKF30

^ ^Honestly though dude, I think if anything Marvel needs to take a page out DC's book when it comes to gaming and animation especially lol. But we'll see, the thing with guys like Scorp, Sub and Raiden as oppose to Takeda is they're iconic and reconizable. Takeda not to much, he's cool don't get me wrong but most gaming fans and DC fans would be like "who the fuck is this?" lol

Admired

Noob
Let me start by saying that I'm a huge Kitana fan and I main her in MKX, so that will be my reasoning for blindly assuming things. I know i'm reaching with this one, lol.

Anyways, I was watching the 15 minute game play of Injustice 2 that just released on IGN. When they were at the character selection screen, one of the silhouettes looked pretty similar to Kitana from MKX. I got pretty excited at the thought of her even being in the game.

When looking at a pic of Kitana and the silhouette, you'll notice how her hair is braided with two Chinese sticks; resembling the style she has from her original MKX costume. Her overall pose and even the shape of the armor on her shoulders look pretty convincing to me as well. You will see what I mean in the pics below. Not to mention, Scorpion was in the original Injustice game; so maybe they decided to add a female this time around from MK? It could all just be a coincidence, or maybe i'm onto something? Honestly, this can be anyone, but I'd like to know what you guys think.

Character selection screen:

MKX Kitana/Silhouette Comparison:

IGN Injustice 2 video:

kantboy-2

Ripper
Same thing happened with all the Mahvel players when they saw some of the choices on the Marvel side. "Who the fuck is this?" became "This character is sick as fuck! Someone tell me all the cool comics he appears in, I wanna buy them!" They have pushed C/D-list characters in cartoons, toys and video games since 2009-2010, and it worked. Everyone loved Guardians of the Galaxy and they were always a C/D-list group of heroes in the comics, but they took their time to giving them exposure.

They think long game, something WB is now trying to do; 'Legends of Tomorrow' and 'Suicide Squad' a perfect example. And same thing with Injustice. You can see the 'character archetype' replacements in this game right off the bat. Grodd for Grundy, Atrocitus for Sinestro, Captain Cold for Killer Frost, Doctor Fate for Zatanna. They'll probably replace Catwoman with Cheetah (WW movie and all that) Bane with Killer Croc (Suicide Squad movie), etc...

So, yeah, that's why it would be cool and fun to have an obscure/current MK game character in the roster. But it'll probably not happen. ;)

trufenix

bye felicia
Same thing happened with all the Mahvel players when they saw some of the choices on the Marvel side. "Who the fuck is this?" became "This character is sick as fuck! Someone tell me all the cool comics he appears in, I wanna buy them!" They have pushed C/D-list characters in cartoons, toys and video games since 2009-2010, and it worked. Everyone loved Guardians of the Galaxy and they were always a C/D-list group of heroes in the comics, but they took their time to giving them exposure.
Are you just ignoring the fact MvC3 already has every popular X-man and Avenger in it because someone on staff also has a hard on for MODOK?

kantboy-2

Ripper
Eh, no. I guess you don't remember the roster either. It had the really popular characters (Spidey, Big 3 Avengers, Wolverine, Hulk, Deadpool)

It also had Dormammu, Super Skrull, Taskmaster, MODOK, Shuma-Gorath, She-Hulk, Rocket Raccoon, etc...

This game will have every popular hero and villain from DC (Superman, Batman, Flash, Joker, Supergirl), so I still don't get your point. I'm saying that they can take a 'Rocket Raccoon' type of roster chance with an MK character choosing someone besides Sub/Scorp and it will help them build a fan base in the long run. That's all I'm saying.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Even though I dont want a guest character from MK, I believe it very possibly could be Johnny Cage. He's kind of the new hero of the series.

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
If its not Scorpion or Sub-Zero, it will be D'Vorah because there is no DC character set to be in the game that is like her and she is basically an NRS original created character.

MKF30

Every mk character is an original character though, sure some took inspiration from things granted, but thats everything lol. Even SF and Marvel took heavy inspiration from things like DC and wrestlers etc

That's true what trufenix said, mcv mostly has bigger names like injustice has, will almost definitely be sub or raiden someone like that.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
Eh, no. I guess you don't remember the roster either. It had the really popular characters (Spidey, Big 3 Avengers, Wolverine, Hulk, Deadpool)

It also had Dormammu, Super Skrull, Taskmaster, MODOK, Shuma-Gorath, She-Hulk, Rocket Raccoon, etc...

This game will have every popular hero and villain from DC (Superman, Batman, Flash, Joker, Supergirl), so I still don't get your point. I'm saying that they can take a 'Rocket Raccoon' type of roster chance with an MK character choosing someone besides Sub/Scorp and it will help them build a fan base in the long run. That's all I'm saying.
Your point (which is what I replied to) was marvel pushes new/original characters more than DC/NRS. My point is Marvel pushes Spiderman, the avengers and wolverine, THEN tacks those characters on. A practice no different from NRS including Batman and the justice league, then throwing Black Adam, Frost, Grundy, Hawk Girl, etc. a bone.

Guest DLC is no different. You want people to buy ONE character from another franchise, you make it a character they know, not some second stringer people might one day learn to like.

MKF30

Let me start by saying that I'm a huge Kitana fan and I main her in MKX, so that will be my reasoning for blindly assuming things. I know i'm reaching with this one, lol.

Anyways, I was watching the 15 minute game play of Injustice 2 that just released on IGN. When they were at the character selection screen, one of the silhouettes looked pretty similar to Kitana from MKX. I got pretty excited at the thought of her even being in the game.

When looking at a pic of Kitana and the silhouette, you'll notice how her hair is braided with two Chinese sticks; resembling the style she has from her original MKX costume. Her overall pose and even the shape of the armor on her shoulders look pretty convincing to me as well. You will see what I mean in the pics below. Not to mention, Scorpion was in the original Injustice game; so maybe they decided to add a female this time around from MK? It could all just be a coincidence, or maybe i'm onto something? Honestly, this can be anyone, but I'd like to know what you guys think.

Character selection screen:

MKX Kitana/Silhouette Comparison:

IGN Injustice 2 video:

Nice job pointing that out lol, you keep note huh? lol that's a heck of an observation, zooming in and all. Nice.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
There shouldnt be any MK characters in IGAU. Just keep the game seperate. Fuck. MK vs DC was such a fail, Boon needs to let it go and understand MK and DC dont go together.
All the guest characters of MKXL kinda ruined it for me. I want a pure MK game or a pure DC game.

Crossing fingers they won't include immersion-breaking guest characters this time.
I think you guys are in the minority.

During one of the E3 interviews, Ed Boon said that Scorpion was the most downloaded DLC character in Injustice, and Alien & Predator were the most downloaded DLC characters in MKX.

trufenix

bye felicia
I think you guys are in the minority.

During one of the E3 interviews, Ed Boon said that Scorpion was the most downloaded DLC character in Injustice, and Alien & Predator were the most downloaded DLC characters in MKX.
They are, they always are. Freddy (the last dlc in MK9) sold more than all the others combined. The rhetoric that nobody wants guests has never been accurate. Everyone wants guests, see: Smash Bros

zabugi

The only Real Master
I think with the fgc community getting stronger in terms of sponsorships, hype tournaments with big pot bonuses...esl et al i think both mkx and injustice 2 will co exist coz nrs have really solidified their stance towards supporting their games. Its just up to the community to keep the hype going and keep supporting nrs. Quid pro quo

MKF30

Ed Boon stressing that the guest DLC's sell well I think to remind people that "sorry but we will continue doing guest characters" to the people who hate them lol

The poll's interesting, I do wonder if the guest character best sales for DLC applies only to MK and Injustice(NRS games) or if this goes for every fighter with a guest character, I don't know which guest character sold the best for Smash. If anyone has those numbers please post it, very curious. lol