What's new

CEO 2014 - Injustice: Gods Among Us Top 8!

I wasn't aware there were that many people that thought batgirl wasn't hype, I don't get it. Aquaman is boring cause its literally one fucking move on repeat. That I can undestand but what isn't hype about batgirl? Sure vortex can be boring but teleports are flashy and 50% corner combos are swaggy as hell. I find batgirl to be a perfectly good watch.

I wasn't aware there were that many people that thought batgirl wasn't hype, I don't get it. Aquaman is boring cause its literally one fucking move on repeat. That I can undestand but what isn't hype about batgirl? Sure vortex can be boring but teleports are flashy and 50% corner combos are swaggy as hell. I find batgirl to be a perfectly good watch.
50% corner combos = lose half your lifebar because you guessed wrong. There's nothing hype about that, it's dumb. Vortex is boring because it's nothing but guessing. She's just a boring character. Aquaman is too, at least when you have to watch him steal a 8-2 matchup.

50% corner combos = lose half your lifebar because you guessed wrong. There's nothing hype about that, it's dumb. Vortex is boring because it's nothing but guessing. She's just a boring character. Aquaman is too, at least when you have to watch him steal a 8-2 matchup.
what does guessing have to do with anything? The fairness of a move or combo has literally zero effect in whether it makes for a good watch for me. Batgirl combos look cool, telly looks cool, as such I don't mind watching her play. Trident rush doesn't bore me cause its unfair, it bores me cause ridiculously repetitive.

what does guessing have to do with anything? The fairness of a move or combo has literally zero effect in whether it makes for a good watch for me. Batgirl combos look cool, telly looks cool, as such I don't mind watching her play. Trident rush doesn't bore me cause its unfair, it bores me cause ridiculously repetitive.
Superman's 70+% corner combo's looked cool too.

You know what I find good to watch? A match that is decided by skill and not luck.

Superman's 70+% corner combo's looked cool too.

You know what I find good to watch? A match that is decided by skill and not luck.
if you were paying attention to the match then you would have seen it WAS decided by skill. Fox got worked 3 - 0 initially and it was his ability to adapt (skill) that allowed him to run things back after the reset. He started neutral jumping wake up trident rush. He started intentionally stopping vortex after trait and then restarting. Skill won the day today not luck.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
batgirl is only interesting as a character when she's crippled as oracle

E

Eldriken

I guess only @sinosleep and myself liked watching Sonic Fox wreck shit with Batgirl. Him and I were talking about her constantly when she was being played.

He displayed plenty of skill by adapting to Deg's Aquaman after the bracket got reset. Give the kid some credit.

if you were paying attention to the match then you would have seen it WAS decided by skill. Fox got worked 3 - 0 initially and it was his ability to adapt (skill) that allowed him to run things back after the reset. He started neutral jumping wake up trident rush. He started intentionally stopping vortex after trait and then restarting. Skill won the day today not luck.
If you were paying attention I never said it wasn't decided by skill.

But Batgirl as a character has the potentiality to hit you once and take you first lifebar just because you guess wrong.

And no character should be able to do that.

I have whats called the "impossible trinity" of vortexes. Three things that should never exist in a vortex at the same time. No more than 2, as all 3 constitutes bad design:

1) safe
2) meterless
3) high damage (over 25 percent)

Batgirl has all 3. She's a poorly designed character. But that doesn't mean Sonic Fox didn't win with skill. I never said that.

If you were paying attention I never said it wasn't decided by skill.

But Batgirl as a character has the potentiality to hit you once and take you first lifebar just because you guess wrong.

And no character should be able to do that.

I have whats called the "impossible trinity" of vortexes. Three things that should never exist in a vortex at the same time. No more than 2, as all 3 constitutes bad design:

1) safe
2) meterless
3) high damage (over 25 percent)

Batgirl has all 3. She's a poorly designed character. But that doesn't mean Sonic Fox didn't win with skill. I never said that.
you may not have said it but it was implied. When I asked what wasn't hype about batgirl your response was that wanted matches won by skill not luck. Which is why I replied that the batgirl match today was decided by skill.

you may not have said it but it was implied. When I asked what wasn't hype about batgirl your response was that wanted matches won by skill not luck. Which is why I replied that the batgirl match today was decided by skill.
Fair enough.

But yeah, in a previous post I said congratulations to Sonic Fox.

His character just makes me salty and always will.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I guess only @sinosleep and myself liked watching Sonic Fox wreck shit with Batgirl. Him and I were talking about her constantly when she was being played.

He displayed plenty of skill by adapting to Deg's Aquaman after the bracket got reset. Give the kid some credit.
Nope, I like watching Batgirl too. I like watching everyone though(even d1 trident rushman)

E

Eldriken

Nope, I like watching Batgirl too. I like watching everyone though(even d1 trident rushman)
I love watching Aquaman so I can talk about how effing retarded MB Trident Rush is, whether it's hitting them or being blocked. =P