What's new

Match-up Discussion Catwoman Matchup Discussion

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Anyone have any insight in regard to the sinestro mu? I don't know who thought having a keep away character have a back walk that is about twice as fast as CW's foward walk is fair. I feel I need to get lucky or have the sinsertro player make stupid mistakes to be able to get th win. :(
Any help would be appriciated, maybe I am missing something.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Anyone have any insight in regard to the sinestro mu? I don't know who thought having a keep away character have a back walk that is about twice as fast as CW's foward walk is fair. I feel I need to get lucky or have the sinsertro player make stupid mistakes to be able to get th win. :(
Dude, you need to start coming out to locals and casuals so we can share info like back when we used Cyrax... lol

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

If you're missing something I'm missing it too. After playing Wound a bunch over the FF weekend I was left clueless as well. The zoning is whatever it's that with his backwalk speed, d+2 and b+1,2 he out footsies her badly. He moves back so fast it's super hard to walk into the right spacing to use moves like f+1 and b+3 without the risk that they will whiff if he continues to walk back. Other tools to keep him occupied like jump in and Low Whip are suicide. Other than getting lucky on a guess and getting her oki game going I don't see much hope.

To be honest this is a problem I have with her that no one else seems to mention(except Maxter, I see him talking about it). It's why I am baffled at CW players who don't have a problem with characters like GL and Aquaman.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Dude, you need to start coming out to locals and casuals so we can share info like back when we used Cyrax... lol
I plan to man, it's just been a hectic past couple of months with moving, a new job , and starting postgrauate school. I noticed EGP is back, I really want to make the next event. I miss all you guys.

Regular = f+1
MB = duck and d+1~claws.
I just use f1 for both. I cant react to which one the flash player has done in time to change it up. Thankfully, f1 works for both.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Has anyone figured out if cat woman can force a standing reset where she is at advantage. For match ups with characters that can easily escape our oki set ups, this would be a nice tool to have.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Seriously, the Killer Frost MU... I don't know what to do. If I jump in I get d2'd. If I counter poke I get parried. Cat Dash doesn't start up quick enough to beat her daggers unless I make a perfect read, and she can just run away while I attempt to chase her down across the entire screen, so the clock works against me as well.

Not to mention how hard it is to incorporate any of CW's oki tech, because of slide's invincibility, which takes away one of our biggest strengths. This icy ho just makes me feel declawed.

@GGA 16 Bit
@Krayzie
@killa_solid

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Seriously, the Killer Frost MU... I don't know what to do. If I jump in I get d2'd. If I counter poke I get parried. Cat Dash doesn't start up quick enough to beat her daggers unless I make a perfect read, and she can just run away while I attempt to chase her down across the entire screen, so the clock works against me as well.

Not to mention how hard it is to incorporate any of CW's oki tech, because of slide's invincibility, which takes away one of our biggest strengths. This icy ho just makes me feel declawed.

@GGA 16 Bit
@Krayzie
@killa_solid

I have not really played this matchup since at GGA I'm the one playing both girls. However, I've thought about how it goes down and I would give up trying to out footsie her in the neutral game and mostly focus on jumping back to avoid slide or just blocking and conceding the footsies game and playing the post slide guessing game.

If you jump back and she didn't slide she can't trip guard you or iceberg you so this is relatively safe. She'd have to commit to preemptive slide, which you can beat with a jump back attack or something like daggers which you can blow up with jump in 2.

Post blocked slide guessing game should basically be this flowchart: You read d+1~slide you do d+1~claws. You read backdash you do f+1,1,2~claws. You read parry you do b+1,2,d+3. If you read jump back you do jump forward 2.

Obviously everything I'm saying here is risky. You read daggers and you jump you may get blown up by d+2. You read parry and you b+1 you may get blown up by d+1~slide or whatever. Then it all leads to a vortex and it all may go south quickly. It's probably a losing match up. But if you don't make these reads you'll never win.

If you do knock her down and you read wakeup slide you can blow it up by doing back jump 1. Like after a 1,f+2 knockdown you're in the perfect space so if you do jump back 1 you'll land on top of her and punish the wakeup slide.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe

@GGA 16 Bit
@killa_solid
I personally approach the mu very grounded. KF has a lot of answers to her jumping ( can mbf3 the j2 and d2 the j1 and close j2's). But the good thing is that she doesnt have too many things that would force you to need to jump anyway. it is important to learn to react to slide with jb2, so that's the first thing I would spent time in practice mode with.
Other than that once you get into df3 range you can react to daggers with it and it will go under and punish it. And On wakeup you have to just read what she is gonna do like 16bit mentioned, but one thing to keep in mind is if you want to go for an overhead mix up on her wake up since you read a no wake up situation, you should use b2 instead of f1 since it will go over slide, so you are covered in case your read was wrong. One thing I have been looking at recently, which might work in this mu is CS3 as a moblity option when you are outside slide range but needs more reasearch.
Other than that, it just a matter of making reads and basicly what 16 bit mentioned.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
That art is awesome!

Does anyone have a Nightwing combo ender setup to blow up both wakeup flying Greyson and wakeup staff spin? You can stuff both because they're not fully invincible but from what I can tell the timing is different. I want a way to punish both with the same setup, that way I'm playing a 33/33/33 guessing game on knockdown instead of having two different punishes for his wakes. For example, if I end a combo in 1,2,2 and I think he's going to Flying Greyson I backdash then duck, the Greyson will pass over her and I punish with d+2. However if I do this and he did staff spin she blocks it.

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.
You'd think a girl like Catwoman would have the wherewithal to zip up her back pack...
(P.S. It looks like she stole that back pack from Dora the Explorer...)
It does look like dora the explorer and damn I haven't heard that name in yeeeaaarrrsss!
That art is awesome!

Does anyone have a Nightwing combo ender setup to blow up both wakeup flying Greyson and wakeup staff spin? You can stuff both because they're not fully invincible but from what I can tell the timing is different. I want a way to punish both with the same setup, that way I'm playing a 33/33/33 guessing game on knockdown instead of having two different punishes for his wakes. For example, if I end a combo in 1,2,2 and I think he's going to Flying Greyson I backdash then duck, the Greyson will pass over her and I punish with d+2. However if I do this and he did staff spin she blocks it.
That Cat Woman picture is s!ck

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
That art is awesome!

What I do is starter b3 f3 d2 f1123, then start walking foward. Staff spin wake up will whiff and end right in front of you and flying grayson you can react to with d2.

@GGA 16 Bit
@Krayzie
@killa_solid
Check out my sets with Khaotic. They may help.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That art is awesome!

Straight whip?
Like 122 straight whip specifically.

Black Knife

AKA Blank
Straight Whip stuffs both of those wakeups. Flying Grayson in particular is easy to beat with it. Staff Spin requires a bit more timing, but it still wins.

@GGA 16 Bit, you can use my Straight Whip quick stand tech where after a catdash crumple, you whip them to their feet and follow up with an overhead or low. However, there is a just frame where they can WU and you'll be helpless if you rely on it so use it sparingly. Outside of that, use a HKD and follow that up with 3,3 and that will stuff, if not trade, with both attacks.

Black Knife

AKA Blank
Is there a video of this quick stand tech?

Also something I recently found out against projectile characters. I'm not sure if it's known (I haven't seen anyone do it), but on the Atlantis stage, sliding across the pipe in the center goes through projectiles. It makes fighting Green Arrow and Zod there a LOT easier.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Between regular wakeup timing spin and Grayson and delayed wakeup for both I don't think any one timing can stuff all options. I will try again but I don't think I've ever had a recording that stuffs all.