What's new

Guide Catch Me If You Can -- The Flash General Discussion Thread

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Ohhhhhh yeaaaahhh! Your going Hollywood bro. Once I get my shit together with studies and life. You can expect match up specific tech for situations like this in the near future. Need to update that thread.
hey you know f3 without mb will be doomsday venom everytime and give you a 53% meterless punish with trait.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
hey you know f3 without mb will be doomsday venom everytime and give you a 53% meterless punish with trait.
Yeah it's sick man, that bunny hop. 38% meter less without using trait too. Timing is surprisingly easy too, after 3 2!

F3 makes soo many wake ups whiff it's ridiculous.

Too late, but thx !
I won against that DD in grand finale haha. With Flash ! I only picked BA in the winner finale because that same DD rapped my Flash.
In Grand Finale, not anymore ! :p

The Flash is top 1 fr !! :D It has been streamed.
Thank you for being the first Flash to win a major. I assume it was a major there. Grats again and great work.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Thank you for being the first Flash to win a major. I assume it was a major there. Grats again and great work.

I won't call it a major because we were not that massive (around 30). It's the same kind of tournament you won I guess but the event was big with many fighting games such

Soul Calibur V
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
Super Street Fighter 4 AE
Super Smash Bros Melee
Injustice : Gods Among Us
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
King of Fighters 13

with great players like Ice (Top 8 EVO 2013 SSBM), WDM.MCZ|Luffy (Top 24 EVO 2013 SF4), Gehaktbal (1st WGC 2013 DoA), Fox (top8 EVO 2013 KoF), Malek (Top 8 WGC 2013 SCV), Ivoiro_Akon (Top5 ESWC world 2012), CDV.WhiteBl4ck ( 2nd WGC 2013 UMVC3 ) and Kayane who is on the guiness of records.

It has been streamed by one of the most famous french video game siteweb (gamekult). I'll wait for the YT upload to post some here.

Anyway, do you guys really think 11 is useless for pressure because it's high ? Yet some characters cannot duck it if I'm not wrong.

BoricuaHeat

I won't call it a major because we were not that massive (around 30). It's the same kind of tournament you won I guess but the event was big with many fighting games such

Soul Calibur V
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
Super Street Fighter 4 AE
Super Smash Bros Melee
Injustice : Gods Among Us
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
King of Fighters 13

with great players like Ice (Top 8 EVO 2013 SSBM), WDM.MCZ|Luffy (Top 24 EVO 2013 SF4), Gehaktbal (1st WGC 2013 DoA), Fox (top8 EVO 2013 KoF), Malek (Top 8 WGC 2013 SCV), Ivoiro_Akon (Top5 ESWC world 2012), CDV.WhiteBl4ck ( 2nd WGC 2013 UMVC3 ) and Kayane who is on the guiness of records.

It has been streamed by one of the most famous french video game siteweb (gamekult). I'll wait for the YT upload to post some here.

Anyway, do you guys really think 11 is useless for pressure because it's high ? Yet some characters cannot duck it if I'm not wrong.
11 jails on certain characters off a jump in 1 so it will have its uses with dat +7.

Maybe consider the 11 on weaker d1 punish characters. Otherwise it is not worth the risk I don't think when you can do d1.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Maybe consider the 11 on weaker d1 punish characters. Otherwise it is not worth the risk I don't think when you can do d1.

Did you try 123 ? People not knowing the matchup properly (90% of players) get always catched by the LK : 123, LK combo. I do punish Bane's charge with sonic pound, 1, 2, 3, LK.

3 has a great range and can punish some sort of back dash.

SEV

Noob
LOL at our D2 being -11 on block now. Hopefully Flying Uppercut will actually work as an AA now.

BoricuaHeat

haha even worse then. In the corner you could just spam it
That was the case but it could be beaten with a well timed d1, -11 is a bit harsh but we can probably make it safe with Lighting Kick and RMS cancelling. As for a damage nerf, it should be somewhere around the 3% damage drop. Sad to see we did not get a universal walk speed buff, oh well making thread.

So i don´t know shit of frame data and all that stuff can someone explain me now how bad is d2 is? his damage scaling we know that would happen hopefully just by 2 or 3%

The d2 should not hurt too much unless it affects some of our combos from d2 b3. The super nerf was a little much, but it gives more reason not to use it I guess.

BoricuaHeat

So i don´t know shit of frame data and all that stuff can someone explain me now how bad is d2 is? his damage scaling we know that would happen hopefully just by 2 or 3%
D2 could be used over and over again on block ya know like. D2 into d2, with this nerf we have to do d2 into lighting kick now. Not a big nerf.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I was starting to love doing trait, slide, LKx2, b22, LK, b22f3 super for 65% online :(

d2 -11 shouldn't change the move on hit ? Because yeah, if it's fucked up flash's d2 b3 combos I'll go full shazam.

d2 isn't spammable because it has the same range than 1.

d2 was the only good meterless starter, doing d2, LK, if d2 hits you'll drop the combo ;)

I'm scared about the damage nerf. With the trait I'm ok, even if the big damages allowed flash to balance some matchups. But I'm mostly scared about 1 meter or meterless combos. :/

24% and 40% isn't that abused.

BoricuaHeat

I was starting to love doing trait, slide, LKx2, b22, LK, b22f3 super for 65% online :(

d2 -11 shouldn't change the move on hit ? Because yeah, if it's fucked up flash's d2 b3 combos I'll go full shazam.

d2 isn't spammable because it has the same range than 1.

d2 was the only good meterless starter, doing d2, LK, if d2 hits you'll drop the combo ;)

I'm scared about the damage nerf. With the trait I'm ok, even if the big damages allowed flash to balance some matchups. But I'm mostly scared about 1 meter or meterless combos. :/

24% and 40% isn't that abused.
They only stated that d2 was affected on block and whiff. Combos should be fine. Cool thing about d2 cancelled into LK is that you can dash out of LK (while holding the attack button) to get a nice 20% combo. Damage nerf shouldn't be too bad, like 3% to BnB's shouldn't hurt the Flash. As for meterless combos, I see the same variable of damage dropping on them.

Really excited for the Flying Uppercut buff/fix, 2 viable anti airs let's gooo.

AK Harold 2 meters and a trait for a combo with over 60% damage should be possible. Maybe post patch B22, bounce cancel, trait into LK's for full damage.