What's new

Guide Catch Me If You Can -- The Flash General Discussion Thread

P3irce

Noob
Hey guys I'm an ares player playing on the Xbox I was wondering if anyone would like to play as I don't have too much matchup experience against flash players my gamertag is ( p3irce ) ill be here too on and off so if you want to leave a message here I can send an invite out. Thanks in advance

Hey guys I'm an ares player playing on the Xbox I was wondering if anyone would like to play as I don't have too much matchup experience against flash players my gamertag is ( p3irce ) ill be here too on and off so if you want to leave a message here I can send an invite out. Thanks in advance
Reptile Orion

Error

DF2+R2
Playing around in training mode, Flash can use F3 to avoid mace charge and punish it, and up close DB3 can punish Mace Charge on wake-up every time for a small combo as well.

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.
Me being "new" to fighting games and the online aspect (seems like I'm in slow mode and they're not). Picking Flash a bad way for me to start injustice? I try speed dodging to get in closer or lightning charge, but they'll crouch block and wreck me with a serious combo.

I think my record is 14-90. 10 of those matches I had a good connection, but the guy just kicked my a** Lol

Any advice? I'm in practice mode right after I get trash a good 5 times in a row so......yeah. Is there something I'm missing that I didn't watch in a video on YouTube about online?

I'm sticking with Flash since he's my boy no doubt.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Me being "new" to fighting games and the online aspect (seems like I'm in slow mode and they're not). Picking Flash a bad way for me to start injustice? I try speed dodging to get in closer or lightning charge, but they'll crouch block and wreck me with a serious combo.

I think my record is 14-90. 10 of those matches I had a good connection, but the guy just kicked my a** Lol

Any advice? I'm in practice mode right after I get trash a good 5 times in a row so......yeah. Is there something I'm missing that I didn't watch in a video on YouTube about online?

Yeah, people keep saying Flash is top 3 but once you play him you figure out he has hard execution and risky specials.

Try to play footsy using his backdash + b22f3 sonic pound. Your best whiff punish is the charge. In corner you can abuse d1d2, b22, d1d2 pressure that allows a crossup sonic pound corner combo (11 11 11 charge, f3 reset).
The far sonic pound goes very far and his charge allow you to do 30% from a d2 b22f3.
trait combo for beginners : starter, LK/SP MB trait, LKx3, b22 LK, b22f3 charge.
1 trait : starter LK/SP MB, 11, b22f3 charge.
Charge MB : d2 or walk forward 22, b22f3 charge.

don't forget : 2 dash and you rise the fullscreen.

Practice.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola

Find some pals that can help you get used to the game online. Flash takes a while to get used to for inexperienced players. Don,t lighting charge, use forward dash to approach or just walk, speed dodge only interactables. That's all I got for now!

BoricuaHeat

Yeah, people keep saying Flash is top 3 but once you play him you figure out he has hard execution and risky specials.

Try to play footsy using his backdash + b22f3 sonic pound. Your best whiff punish is the charge. In corner you can abuse d1d2, b22, d1d2 pressure that allows a crossup sonic pound corner combo (11 11 11 charge, f3 reset).
The far sonic pound goes very far and his charge allow you to do 30% from a d2 b22f3.
trait combo for beginners : starter, LK/SP MB trait, LKx3, b22 LK, b22f3 charge.

Practice.
Woah hold up there top 3? Too early to state that.

Solo_Is_The_Name

Flash In Training.

Practice.
Try doing the sonic pound and miss and get punished for it every time. :/ I'll keep trying/practicing it.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Guys, b3/f3 armored allow flash to keep his trait active when he gets hit. Dirty setup ? Looks also good for bait wakeup or zoning without losing his trait.

Zyphox

Hi guys. Day 2 Flash here.

I was just wondering, what are Flash's oki options after the b22, MB Sonic Pound> 2,1> b22f3XX LC Bnb?

J2 looks like a safe jump, but that doesn't seem to be a popular option with Flash players... any reason why?

BoricuaHeat

Hi guys. Day 2 Flash here.

I was just wondering, what are Flash's oki options after the b22, MB Sonic Pound> 2,1> b22f3XX LC Bnb?

J2 looks like a safe jump, but that doesn't seem to be a popular option with Flash players... any reason why?
J2 when done from certain distances is unsafe on block, sadly. I prefer j1. After the ender you can dash up for a low, at the perfect distance, overhead, Back dash then overhead or charge, depending on their actions, and throw. You can bait their wakeups with a quick running man forward sprint and have enough time to block. Also try ending your combos in 32 after 2,1 gives way more options.

Or cancel b22f3 into running man sprint then neutral jump attack, avoids most wakeups!

BoricuaHeat

Guys, b3/f3 armored allow flash to keep his trait active when he gets hit. Dirty setup ? Looks also good for bait wakeup or zoning without losing his trait.

Zyphox
I got a large banquet of Tech I will publish in the weekend, gotta get it all organized first. Including how to use armored F3 during Trait.

BoricuaHeat

man you are the reason I can't quit flash I always gotta learn new stuff.
Its a lot of fun to discover Tech with Flash for me, I just don't enjoy the investment with other characters when it comes to finding Tech. And BY the way, you keep repping flash at Atlanta Kombat man! And at Zyphox Its time for you to take the spotlight summer jam!

P.S getting new internet next week, so prepare yourselves I am gonna try and get weekend lobbys rolling!