What's new

Cat vs Scar (Toasty Boost Steal)

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
So me and scar were recording some matches offline... when i got a toasty.. he broke and stole it .. lol.. i tried doing my toasty input when he broke , im guessing you cant input toasty boost as you are in hitstun from the breaker.... check out the match. (sound is a lil weird... idk why it picked up our sound)

Tolkeen

/wrists
This is possibly the greatest proof that Toasty COULD be performed in a tournament setting. It's a shame that people are campaigning to ban toasty boosts....

Godlike. You both have my respect, even though you already did.

One of my favorite matches ever, and GREAT find. Holy shit. Does this confirm whether the player being uppercutted has to hit the ground first? Pretty sure i read it's a race to input it first but i don't know... Maybe non antiairs that is true.. but still there are some characters near wall who can combo off that.

Someone needs to test.

Cat

Godlike. You both have my respect, even though you already did.

One of my favorite matches ever, and GREAT find. Holy shit. Does this confirm whether the player being uppercutted has to hit the ground first? Pretty sure i read it's a race to input it first but i don't know... Maybe non antiairs that is true.. but still there are some characters near wall who can combo off that.

Someone needs to test.
Thanks man. I hesitated on doing the input when he broke I went for it but it didn't come out. I guess you can't be in hit stun to do it.

And toasty boost are totally viable in tournament. You see how much time scar had to do it?

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I've actually been practicing my 100% bnb in ladder mode. My BNB consists of an uppercut in the middle of the combo, and I actually got a Toasty Boost in a match, and it worked...

Toasty Boost is definitely viable.

This is possibly the greatest proof that Toasty COULD be performed in a tournament setting. It's a shame that people are campaigning to ban toasty boosts....
You cant ban Toasty Boost from tournaments. Its random, and they are any inputs you might have already been ready to press before Dan comes out. Imagine getting DQ'd from a tournament because you pressed inputs Netherealm never released to the public? Are you supposed to figure out secret inputs before a major to compete? Of course not.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Freakin sweet.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

Thanks man. I hesitated on doing the input when he broke I went for it but it didn't come out. I guess you can't be in hit stun to do it.

And toasty boost are totally viable in tournament. You see how much time scar had to do it?
I'd say that pretty much confirms it. Still needs to be tested to make sure.

Absolutely i see how much time. If you saw the Stryker toasty boost video, he gets it a long time after his combo that ends with a roll.

I've actually been practicing my 100% bnb in ladder mode. My BNB consists of an uppercut in the middle of the combo, and I actually got a Toasty Boost in a match, and it worked...

Toasty Boost is definitely viable.

You cant ban Toasty Boost from tournaments. Its random, and they are any inputs you might have already been ready to press before Dan comes out. Imagine getting DQ'd from a tournament because you pressed inputs Netherealm never released to the public? Are you supposed to figure out secret inputs before a major to compete? Of course not.

Noone thought the Impale was viable...

...until me and you proved them all wrong

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Not sure what you're thinking about. The impale was slow as hell and had no way of setting up until me and Krayzie tested together.

Oh krayzie... you so krazy...
I might be thinking the wrong game. I instantly thought of DA and all I did with Sub-zero was impale, then run away and wonder why he couldn't just make another sword. I'm sure it was him and Frost who could impale people

Cat

I think it should be allowed. It's really random. And how many times you see a toasty come out while watching MLG stream? Rarely if at all. In both MLG Anaheim and Raleigh I didn't get a toasty once.

I might be thinking the wrong game. I instantly thought of DA and all I did with Sub-zero was impale, then run away and wonder why he couldn't just make another sword. I'm sure it was him and Frost who could impale people
Good luck landing that in open space. The Impale was also very slow in DA. The setup used by me and Krayzie can also be applied to DA as well. Both are on Youtube.

TB does remind me of the Impale... lol
Yes, very much so. When i found the impale, the whole community was trying to figure out how i did it. It is very similar in a lot of ways. Good times. Never thought i'd see it happen again :)

loool he timed it perfectly to work after the breaker too... grimy

so then if you didn't get it, that either means that you can't get it while in the air/hitstun or something, or only one person can get it.

toasty will happen at MLG dallas... and it will be hype

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
We just need to find out if you can input toasty boost while you are being combo'd by Kabal.

And if it possible, well then, Kabal had that shit coming.

Cat

We just need to find out if you can input toasty boost while you are being combo'd by Kabal.

And if it possible, well then, Kabal had that shit coming.
Don't think you can do it when you are in hit stun. Cus I tried doing it when he was using breaker and I got nothing.