What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

The stagger game only really starts on wake up or after nutpunch. F4 might honestly be a top 10 button in the game. They have to respect it

Other than that it’s about footsies.
I agree but I have met Cassie players who staggerred me from every other stuff like they are plus on everything.
Lag and lack of mu knowledge helps. But I do not want to play this way.

sars

Noob
I agree but I have met Cassie players who staggerred me from every other stuff like they are plus on everything.
Lag and lack of mu knowledge helps. But I do not want to play this way.
I got you. I only stagger after F4. It has so many good options from it.

I got you. I only stagger after F4. It has so many good options from it.
Yes I will focus on F4 stagger first and leave the other shimmy later when I have better understanding of the character (I want to play footsies game in first priority by default - even with Scorpion haha).

What are the good options from F4?
My thoughts without too much experience:
  1. F4 into another F4 to check late challenging (or who wants to counter point 2). However after standing block the F4 whiffs even from point blank first F4 but still can beat a later button.
  2. (Step back) B2 if they want to poke out from 2nd F4.
  3. Walk fwd throw in case of big respect.
  4. B1/F3... but it is really far from 50/50 but spacing can help (B2 can do the spacing job).
  5. Jump

Last edited:

sars

Noob
Yes I will focus on F4 stagger first and leave the other shimmy later when I have better understanding of the character (I want to play footsies game in first priority by default - even with Scorpion haha).

What are the good options from F4?
My thoughts without too much experience:
  1. F4 into another F4 to check late challenging (or who wants to counter point 2). However after standing block the F4 whiffs even from point blank first F4 but still can beat a later button.
  2. (Step back) B2 if they want to poke out from 2nd F4.
  3. Walk fwd throw in case of big respect.
  4. B1/F3... but it is really far from 50/50 but spacing can help (B2 can do the spacing job).
  5. Jump
I normally

F41

F4 walk back wiff punish

F4 walk up a tad F4 sometimes I do that 3 times. Yes the can hit you out of it but they have to respect the F41 or or F4 walk back wiff punish, and the F41

F4 throw

F4 F34 you can hit confirm it and it’s safe. It also shows them that your not afraid to go for a low afterwards. You can react to it but than you could just throw them.

sars

Noob
I’ve been labbing 4 into F4. 4 is a high but after a negative string they will probably be crouch blocking. That leaves you at +3 and pretty much perfect range for a F4. Next time I play online Im gonna mess around with it.

I’ve been labbing 4 into F4. 4 is a high but after a negative string they will probably be crouch blocking. That leaves you at +3 and pretty much perfect range for a F4. Next time I play online Im gonna mess around with it.
Ok just be aware of the duck against a throw lol - it will counter both. However Cassie might be respected very much on minus due to 9F MID not to duck too much.

sars

Noob
Ok just be aware of the duck against a throw lol - it will counter both. However Cassie might be respected very much on minus due to 9F MID not to duck too much.
Well of course they can duck it, but than you hit them with F4. Can’t always do the safe option, you will never open someone up. There’s a risk to almost everything you do. Just cause there’s a counter does not mean you should never use it. Just need to learn to condition your opponent to what you want them to do

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie
Erron, Scorpion, Geras and Jade, since they all have tools that can deal with her zoning
I haven’t struggled against Geras, so maybe I’m not fighting really good ones, but most Geras players say it is 5-5 or in Cassie’s favor. I think she beats New Era, but Infinite Warden is probably even.

Scorpion feels even to me, maybe slight favor for him, but not as hard as Jade or Erron. I think she loses to Cetrion too. And I still think she loses slightly to Kabal.

Sonya, Skarlet, Baraka, Jacqui, and maybe Jax and Sub feel even. Then I think she definitely beats the rest of the cast.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I haven’t struggled against Geras, so maybe I’m not fighting really good ones, but most Geras players say it is 5-5 or in Cassie’s favor. I think she beats New Era, but Infinite Warden is probably even.

Scorpion feels even to me, maybe slight favor for him, but not as hard as Jade or Erron. I think she loses to Cetrion too. And I still think she loses slightly to Kabal.

Sonya, Skarlet, Baraka, Jacqui, and maybe Jax and Sub feel even. Then I think she definitely beats the rest of the cast.
I mainly know of the matchup through Infinite Warden. Quick Sand is the main issue there, since any attempt at using Kneecappin can cause you to eat a Krushing Blow. Not sure about how New Era plays, but just from a quick look at his moveset, I don't see a way that he could give much of an issue there.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I think Cassie is good but I fail to see why she is top 5. She just plays footsies really well and has good counter zoning options but no 50/50s or super easy Kbs. Her resonated is good but it's not like you get anything guaranteed off of it.

Having a 9 frame mid is great but let's be honest, you should not be pushing buttons on hit against anyone.

And she has the same problems as Kitana where her flawless launcher is awful. Her D2 is really bad as well so good luck triggering that KB consistently. That is not to say I'm not downplaying but saying she's top 5 when those characters have insane damage, 50/50s, setplay, etc. seems wrong to me.

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie
I think Cassie is good but I fail to see why she is top 5. She just plays footsies really well and has good counter zoning options but no 50/50s or super easy Kbs. Her resonated is good but it's not like you get anything guaranteed off of it.

Having a 9 frame mid is great but let's be honest, you should not be pushing buttons on hit against anyone.

And she has the same problems as Kitana where her flawless launcher is awful. Her D2 is really bad as well so good luck triggering that KB consistently. That is not to say I'm not downplaying but saying she's top 5 when those characters have insane damage, 50/50s, setplay, etc. seems wrong to me.
She is consistent against most of the cast. She kind of plays her own game that nearly every character has to adjust to. Very similar to Wonder Woman in Injustice 2, but there aren’t as many yolo characters and she has full screen projectiles. I think if they fix KB across the board for either better requirements or damage output, she could easily be the best in the game.

I mainly know of the matchup through Infinite Warden. Quick Sand is the main issue there, since any attempt at using Kneecappin can cause you to eat a Krushing Blow. Not sure about how New Era plays, but just from a quick look at his moveset, I don't see a way that he could give much of an issue there.
I just shoot on reversal, take the chip. IA gun barrage on other movement. She can low profile his key strings and be ready to punish his unsafe stuff. His damage is insane, but both characters take away each other’s tools or makes them use the tools differently. I think it is likely even once both players adapt.

Not really "tech" per say BUT I just wanted to share something I've been using that makes the nut kick ender a little more potent/a really nice option once the opponent uses breaker/f4 shenanigans...because I f4 like my controller only has those 2 buttons :/

1- after the bd3 ender I find the opponent typically blocks low... Setting up another f41 starter.... They WILL tire of this after countless staggers and combos.
I've been dashing in after the +frames AFTER A BRIEF DELAY, throwing another f4 (even on block.. To MAKE them guess AGAIN) THEN doing a crossover 2, f41, AMPguns/F3 AMPguns at a high success rate. Worst case scenario, I've found, is you jump their wake UP (EXCEPT Geras... Fuck Geras)... Of course this won't work all of the time but it's an option to add to your mix.. Think MK9 Scorpion vortex.

I've also staggered the f4 AFTER the crossover to dash throw/back STEP b24/b13 (hit confirmed), b24 AMPguns.... /back DASH f2,1+3 as well (f2 stagger f2 1+3 @Vslayer ;) ... Nothing new but a really high success rate nonetheless. The idea here is side swap pressure for 2 strings continuously with the opponent turtled... You hit your combo to bd3 ender... Side swap to mix up, repeat.

2- once they use their breaker I've been walking up and starting with the crossover f41 shenanigans mentioned above...EVERY TIME. Again, to a high success rate
I'm learning (lmao.... Finally!) that f4/f41 scares the SHIT outta people to the point that you can FAKE having plus frames in the neutral.... If that makes sense... Think Erron Blacks FB... As soon as they make a move you instantly have an option... Especially once you make them use breaker
Your thoughts on this are appreciated... Again, I know this is nothing new... Just a mind game 33.3/33.3/33.3 as opposed to the 50/50

PS- I'm TRYING to get some match footage of this in action right now but all I keep getting are Cetrions and Jades... If I wasn't so remedial I could probably just take snippets from other matches but that's not gonna happen lol

sars

Noob
Not really "tech" per say BUT I just wanted to share something I've been using that makes the nut kick ender a little more potent/a really nice option once the opponent uses breaker/f4 shenanigans...because I f4 like my controller only has those 2 buttons :/

1- after the bd3 ender I find the opponent typically blocks low... Setting up another f41 starter.... They WILL tire of this after countless staggers and combos.
I've been dashing in after the +frames AFTER A BRIEF DELAY, throwing another f4 (even on block.. To MAKE them guess AGAIN) THEN doing a crossover 2, f41, AMPguns/F3 AMPguns at a high success rate. Worst case scenario, I've found, is you jump their wake UP (EXCEPT Geras... Fuck Geras)... Of course this won't work all of the time but it's an option to add to your mix.. Think MK9 Scorpion vortex.

I've also staggered the f4 AFTER the crossover to dash throw/back STEP b24/b13 (hit confirmed), b24 AMPguns.... /back DASH f2,1+3 as well (f2 stagger f2 1+3 @Vslayer ;) ... Nothing new but a really high success rate nonetheless. The idea here is side swap pressure for 2 strings continuously with the opponent turtled... You hit your combo to bd3 ender... Side swap to mix up, repeat.

2- once they use their breaker I've been walking up and starting with the crossover f41 shenanigans mentioned above...EVERY TIME. Again, to a high success rate
I'm learning (lmao.... Finally!) that f4/f41 scares the SHIT outta people to the point that you can FAKE having plus frames in the neutral.... If that makes sense... Think Erron Blacks FB... As soon as they make a move you instantly have an option... Especially once you make them use breaker
Your thoughts on this are appreciated... Again, I know this is nothing new... Just a mind game 33.3/33.3/33.3 as opposed to the 50/50

PS- I'm TRYING to get some match footage of this in action right now but all I keep getting are Cetrions and Jades... If I wasn't so remedial I could probably just take snippets from other matches but that's not gonna happen lol
People are so afraid of F4 sometimes. I remember I did it 5 times in a row one time, wiffing 2 of them and on the 5th one I hit confirmed into a combo and got a quitality. I was laughing So hard.

People are so afraid of F4 sometimes. I remember I did it 5 times in a row one time, wiffing 2 of them and on the 5th one I hit confirmed into a combo and got a quitality. I was laughing So hard.
I think its hilarious when i get them in the corner and throw out a couple f4's in a row then just sit back and watch them turtle for like 3 straight seconds...its funny because as bad as Cassies corner game is, mines far worse...hell, you being in the corner against me is probably to your advantage lol!

sars

Noob
I think its hilarious when i get them in the corner and throw out a couple f4's in a row then just sit back and watch them turtle for like 3 straight seconds...its funny because as bad as Cassies corner game is, mines far worse...hell, you being in the corner against me is probably to your advantage lol!
Yeah I actually have a private video of it on YouTube. I’ll make it public when I get to work and post it. I thought about seeing how many times I could do it but I just wanted the match to end