What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
@Vslayer Cassie Vs Erron still not looking great even with appropriate matchup knowledge (he also 6-0'd Jer's Cassie which I'll put up eventually)

I'd like to see Jer's matches. But watch this tourney, the Cassie player actually beat Erron after a few first rough matches. He also gets up to semis I think? Cassie's pretty strong all around and Erron may be really good but once you figure out his gimmicks it's just like any other match.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
@Vslayer
the shinnok slayer?
11/10 rolls off the toungue. how do ya'll come up with such cool Titles?
I legit gave up and wrote the one i have

Last edited:

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I'd like to see Jer's matches. But watch this tourney, the Cassie player actually beat Erron after a few first rough matches. He also gets up to semis I think? Cassie's pretty strong all around and Erron may be really good but once you figure out his gimmicks it's just like any other match.

What gimmicks lol erron feels like he‘s bullshitting his way to victory every time

But in all seriousness I don‘t think there is anything particular that makes this mu trash it‘s just the character is annoying as hell in general.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I know people are saying she's a good character and I've been playing her alot. However, I feel like she has some issues.

I could be wrong but does she have the worst fatal blow, worst d2 and worst wakeup attacks in the game?

What am I even suppose to get after flawless block u2 midscreen?

I can see that other characters got it way worse (poor D'vorah) but these issues got frustrating sometimes.
Her Fatal Blow is really slow. IDK about her D2, but she honestly doesn't need it when her B3 works so well as an AA (I haven't tested directly above her though).

And her wakeups work differently. They aren't bad. If you flawless block into U2, you kan dash up into B24~BD3 for most punishes (not on Jacqui's B34 though) for that I just go into dash up shoulder so I guess with variation 1, you kan go for a projectile shot..?

I keep thinking I play Cammy and I try to punish projectiles with fatal blows .....

I die a little on the inside everytime the projectile breaks my armor :) :) :) :)

Why is her fatal so bad ? :(

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I keep thinking I play Cammy and I try to punish projectiles with fatal blows .....

I die a little on the inside everytime the projectile breaks my armor :):):):)

Why is her fatal so bad ? :(
Fellow Cammy main!

I have no idea why, the start-up and the way it hits is so weird. I know people don't like Scarlet's because it's a grab but I'd rather have that, at least you can use it in combos.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Fellow Cammy main!

I have no idea why, the start-up and the way it hits is so weird. I know people don't like Scarlet's because it's a grab but I'd rather have that, at least you can use it in combos.
I think you can combo into her Fatal using one of the bubble moves
(note: I don't play Cassie and am basing this off a clip I saw in a sizzle reel, so mayyyyybe I don't know what I'm talking about :p)

only problem with cassie is her fatal blow is hot garbage

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I think you can combo into her Fatal using one of the bubble moves
(note: I don't play Cassie and am basing this off a clip I saw in a sizzle reel, so mayyyyybe I don't know what I'm talking about :p)
only problem with cassie is her fatal blow is hot garbage
Indeed it is. At least you can use it in strings like F4,1 and F2.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Fairly certain Cassie's Fatal Blow is indeed the worst in the game. It needs to be completely changed imo.

She's at a severe disadvantage once the players get into fatal blow territory. Most character's FB changes the pace and the flow of the match (hello kabal), but Cassie's literally does nothing for her. lol

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Fairly certain Cassie's Fatal Blow is indeed the worst in the game. It needs to be completely changed imo.

She's at a severe disadvantage once the players get into fatal blow territory. Most character's FB changes the pace and the flow of the match (hello kabal), but Cassie's literally does nothing for her. lol
I agree they need to change the start-up, I wish it would be like her flying kick special (make it a mid so it can't be ducked) or something like that.