What's new

Cant decide on main , huge problem

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
So ... Most of my friends have found their main characters a few weeks after game was released .
Me ? nah
I mained DS but he got nerfed , I moved on to : " killer frost , doomsday ,zod , black adam , cyborg , green arrow ... But I get bored fast with them. I mained each character at some point and moved on to next. The problem is I cant play good with many characters . IDK if its only me but when I use only one char I can get very good with him, but when I start to use many I get worse . Any suggestions what to do ? wait for this big patch to come out and then choose one and stick with him ?

Grave__Intent

Death's Trusty Side-Kick!
I had the same problem when the game launched. I played WW during the trail down-load but I wanted to play Grundy pretty bad. So when the full game launched I switched to Grundy, but recently I've found he has really bad match-ups so I've been torn between learning Ares and Lobo. Kind playing with both of them atm.
Shujinkydink was right when he said to lear the character's through and through to find your play style and what you feel most comfortable with.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Lobo is really fun, but even when you learn the match up's they are still mostly disadvantage or an even match here and there if you're lucky.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
What I do is playing many char to not be bored, but I still keep playing seriously my very first.

You have 1 main, and 10 counterpick/matchup knowledge.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
use wonder woman you will learn a lot about the game using her. She has few bad MUs and you will learn how to counter zoning using her, ever since i used her i have become more patient as she has to get in to deal damage. She also has one of the best meter less combos, amazing normals, air dash, good anti air, all of her jumpiong attacks have thier uses, great frame traps and an OTG she has more but those are her main strenths IMO if you need help trying to use her watch a f0xy grandpa and CDJR use her :p

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
What I do is playing many char to not be bored, but I still keep playing seriously my very first.

You have 1 main, and 10 counterpick/matchup knowledge.
Play many and suck with them ... yeah sure ;d
Btw I had the same problem in mk9 until I downloaded freddy ^^ From there it was all freddy for me , never got bored of him.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Play many and suck with them ... yeah sure ;d
Btw I had the same problem in mk9 until I downloaded freddy ^^ From there it was all freddy for me , never got bored of him.

Even if oyu suck with them you know how is the character, this is still good for your matchup experience.

i was in the same boat at first i went with raven and after i learned she has alot of bad matchups i switched to green lantern, who also has a few bad matchups. but ive learned to fight them. and now im sticking with green lantern. now im learning aquaman and it is going alot smoother when i was trying to learn alot of characters at one time.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Even if oyu suck with them you know how is the character, this is still good for your matchup experience.
True , for example Ive always had trouble fighting vs hawkgirl or Killer frost. But when I picked them up and learned how the character works it was much easier to deal with them later.

Espio

Kokomo
If you liked Deathstroke you should play him even if he did get nerfed.

If you don't anymore try a variety of people you're interested in that you haven't tried yet.

I'm a one or two character guy in fighters usually myself so I can relate. Try everyone you have even the slightest interest in using and maybe even some you might not, your main just might be someone you never planned on using as your main (this was the case with Hawkgirl for me).

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
Dude, play MMH. He is the only reason i dont absolutely hate this game

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4