What's new

Can we finally agree this game's ranked system needs a region lock?

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike
I get people to whom the connection is measured as 140ms at the time of measuring and then the ping casually jumps up to 180-190ms and stays there.

I don't want to get matched with people who are 10k km from me.

I'm not saying there should be a global region lock, but a lock for RANKED games.

Anyone agrees?

edit: If not the region lock itself, then at least AN OPTION, to choose "connection level" - just like in sf5 or tekken. Come on.

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I'd like a region lock. Playing people from across the country isn't always a pleasant experience.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
im EU i have a decent, playable connection to East coast (Wired)

but i face alot of ppl from SA / west coast with wifis and its literally unplayable...

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
Uhh no. What the actual fuck?

Just decline matches with bad ping. No one is forcing you to play against people half way across the world.

yes they are, on ranked i meet ppl from russia who are in the mongolian border with 200 ping and i cant decline

the decline option appears very rarely.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
It would be better if we could regulate the ping. Like, only get people who are at 4-5 bars, no wifi, stuff like that.

Saltea Mike

ROG Mike

Just decline matches with bad ping. No one is forcing you to play against people half way across the world.
No.

It (ranked system) only needs a filter which you can set to not match you with people to which you have XXX ms latency (lets say 100 ms which means like 120 - 140ms in reality) and ability to choose not to be matched vs players on WiFi. This would be fine.
The ping measurement system, or whatever you wanna call that, is ass, because like I stated in the OP - it measures ping at the exact moment you get paired, but then it can turn out that from supposed 140 ms you're playing against a player with 180-190ms.

YES it needs OPTIONS.

edit: What I'm describing happened to me JUST NOW as we speak. 137 ms when measured - 170+ms in game. Bullshit.
No i'm not using wifi neither was the other guy.

Last edited:

Suntory

Suntory
I want to at least the be able to accept wired opponents only. Why offer it in kasual match and not ranked, where winning supposedly matters more?
And yea, I'd say to at least give the option to select within your region.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
The ping measurement system, or whatever you wanna call that, is ass, because like I stated in the OP - it measures ping at the exact moment you get paired, but then it can turn out that from supposed 140 ms you're playing against a player with 180-190ms.

YES it needs OPTIONS.

edit: What I'm describing happened to me JUST NOW as we speak. 137 ms when measured - 170+ms in game. Bullshit.
No i'm not using wifi neither was the other guy.
You’re given the option to decline pings over 110.

Do so.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
You can't decline under 150ms... which is ridiculous. If people are on wifi, they can go up to 200ms.
100ms is barely manageable...

I don't see how this still isn't an option in any of the major fighting games... I don't wanna verse wifi, anyone trying to somewhat play a fighting game, should not want to play on wifi, Have Ranked without ANY ELO matchmaking whatsoever OR region accounting for lag IN A FIGHTING GAME IS PREPOSTEROUS.

what's the point of having the best netcode if you're gonna play at 150ms ... ?

Now... I'm pretty optimistic NRS has this figured out for the next big patch... but why this wasn't in during launch I will never understand...

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama

Yes they sort of are. The matchmaking system is quite retar*ed. When you decline a match it goes on to match you up with the same person another 15 times in a row.

At least they should give you the option to choose connection strength.

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero
i wish there would be 2 another options:

1. only search for wired users (sorry wi-fi warriors)
  2. turn off fatalities
I 100% am okay with your first suggestion. I got forced into a wifi match in ranked that said 70ms but that shit was a lie. Wifi is so spotty and inconsistent. It went to damn near 5fps at some points. turning off fatalities on the other hand, not sure. People want to get those hearts. I'd be okay with fatalities off if ranked matches gave you hearts. Maybe like 2 for a loss and 4 for a win.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
terrible idea.

Online scenes and game die as soon as the players can not find games. There is a way to cancel and look again.. that is all they need. NRS should be looking at ways to expand, not restrict... like cross platform matching for example.