What's new

Question Can someone tell me how to deal with 111 crossovers?

Enenra

Go to hell.
I picked up Sub Zero a couple of days ago, but the 1,1,1 crossovers some Scorpion players have me stumped. I have no counter. I usually resort to sliding out of there, but then I eat a hellfire. Teach me how to counter please :)

G4S MinotaurLord

Wielder of Toxins
I don't really play subbie a lot, but I know that for a lot of those repeated predictable crossups out of a block string, with many characters you can predict and NJP the scorpion out of his jump and set him up for your own combo...

Enenra

Go to hell.
I don't really play subbie a lot, but I know that for a lot of those repeated predictable crossups out of a block string, with many characters you can predict and NJP the scorpion out of his jump and set him up for your own combo...
Thank you. I'll try it.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
neutral jump punch b12212, slide. If you have them trapped in the corner and you think they'll try to jump out you can do, njp, njp, b12214 (xray if you have it).

They'll stop jumping so much when you do that to them.

NJP is probably the worst option in that situation and least recommended. maybe you could ask for help in the sub match up thread? there are a few experts on sub there that could probably help you way more then i can.

Kuai Liang

Tundra
NJP is probably the worst option in that situation and least recommended. maybe you could ask for help in the sub match up thread? there are a few experts on sub there that could probably help you way more then i can.
C'mon Tom. That's not true.

I was going to say try D4.

And just to clarify I mean the part about other expert Sub-Zeros being more helpful than you. Your Sub is awesome.

Enenra

Go to hell.
You're an expert too though :)

Enenra

Go to hell.
C'mon Tom. That's not true.

I was going to say try D4.

And just to clarify I mean the part about other expert Sub-Zeros being more helpful than you. Your Sub is awesome.
Brilliant, actually. I have no idea why that wasn't my first reaction. And then when they low block they are mine and I'm never letting go.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
What would you recommend. I have this problem with certain characters as well. Is 2,2 the best? b1? I seriously would like your input. Even if you have to PM it. Thanks man.

Kuai Liang

Tundra
I think Sub-Zero's D4 is great. It should give you enough space to get a clone out and set your own pace from there. But just remember a clone behind you will stop Scorpion from teleporting behind you and then he's left with Spear and Hellfire.

2 2 does also work. It's a great anti air as the second hit goes behind Sub-Zero's head so if you're having people jump over you 2 2 will shut that down.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I think Sub-Zero's D4 is great. It should give you enough space to get a clone out and set your own pace from there. But just remember a clone behind you will stop Scorpion from teleporting behind you and then he's left with Spear and Hellfire.
I do that stuff. It's just... The guys I play with locally figured out I'm weak to 1,1,1 crossovers on my block when I don't have a teleport. I'm good besides that. Except for that Skarlet. Ugh.

Kuai Liang

Tundra
I do that stuff. It's just... The guys I play with locally figured out I'm weak to 1,1,1 crossovers on my block when I don't have a teleport. I'm good besides that. Except for that Skarlet. Ugh.
Yeah, try out D4, I'm sure that will help a lot.

Theme

Noob
Crossovers are hard to overcome, but once you get the hang of it, I'm sure you'll be able to react to it correctly. If you know hes going to crossover you, just stand block, then counter his blocked string with a EX slide to get him into the corner, or a normal one would suffice. My friend, who is probably the best Sub Zero I've ever played, likes to start his combos off with a 22 into iceball. That 22 ice sword move has a ridiculous range and stagger. Make sure, though, you dont whiff the iceball, else you would most definitely be eating a full 30%+ combo.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Crossovers are hard to overcome, but once you get the hang of it, I'm sure you'll be able to react to it correctly. If you know hes going to crossover you, just stand block, then counter his blocked string with a EX slide to get him into the corner, or a normal one would suffice. My friend, who is probably the best Sub Zero I've ever played, likes to start his combos off with a 22 into iceball. That 22 ice sword move has a ridiculous range and stagger. Make sure, though, you dont whiff the iceball, else you would most definitely be eating a full 30%+ combo.
If you know he's going to cross you up, you njp him. Never let somebody apply free pressure off jump ins. People should develope an anti-air game with their character; removing somebody's ability to jump is extremely powerful in this game.

Sub's 22 is best used as a preemptive anti-air at the right range. It kind of sucks for countering crossups from point blank.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Real talk. That's my combo starter. I feel like less of a wee wittle subby wubby player and closer to being decent. The cross up with Scorpion on Sub Zero is so good though because if you don't time the slide perfectly, you eat a hellfire and you're opposite end of the screen again. Blah. But D4 sounds good. Its worked thus far.

D4 is also a bad option here as scorp can still jump that after 111.

most of the sub experts dont pay much attention to these random threads but they do check the match up discussions. go ahead and post this in there and im certain one of the pros can help.

I recently picked up Scorpion again to try and get better with his fists of fury (111, 11, 1, 11, 1, 111 stuff) and get jump kicked out of cross overs quite often.

Try a back jump kick, if it nails me then you should be nailing them.