What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Calling all Lackeys! -- F/T Council being formed --

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
The day we all seek is drawing near, and with it, more footage and discussion is going to follow. For those who plan to main the big behemoth and his snuggle buddy, please note that we are forming a Ferra/Torr character council!

- What is the council?

The council, like many before it, is going to be used to centralize discussion for Ferra/Torr. While we do have a forum for it, a space is also needed for other things. Speculation, for example, is dangerous to throw out in public. However, within the council, you can share your ideas with likeminded individuals before posting it out, thus helping to lower the risk of bad information.

- How does it benefit me?

The council is not only a place to talk tech and hang out, it is also a good central hub for all of the information gathered. Instead of long tag posts that may or may not include you, you can have a place where all of it is placed and seen within your inbox at your convenience. Add also the bit about bad information, and the other benefits may include...

1) Possible rooming accommodations : If there are fellow Ferra/Torrs whom are traveling, you may be able to secure a rooming arrangement with them. There may, or may not, also be a chance for your room to be paid for through a sort of pseudo-sponsorship if you are providing good representation for the character (although not guaranteed).

2) Frequent viewers for any stream you may play on : While this isn't as tangible as the above listed benefit, streams that feature you will likely get multiple members of the council viewing for the sake of research and constructive criticism. Likewise, there may be a pooling of funds for a donation towards that stream should the option become available, and the fellow members co-operative.

3) Tech testing, and other information : Have some tech, but unsure if it's viable? Bring it before the council, where multiple members will have a chance to test your tech and look for errors. If it is found to be too inconsistent or too hard to practically perform in a real match, we can save you the hassle and the forum from getting clutter. Any information about upcoming changes, footage, or tech will be at your fingertips (assuming we can gather it), where you and your fellow Lackeys can dissect it in a private and protected environment.

4) T-shirts : Due to recent unexpected expenses, the T-shirt offer will be put on hold until further notice.

5) Traveling accommodations : Yes, you heard right. Not only do you have a chance of rooming with your fellow Torrs, but one lucky member (whoever is considered the best or top representation) may have their traveling expenses paid partially or even completely. This decision will come down to the benefactor, however once chosen the player will be allowed to choose any one tournament to have the pay put towards. There can be only one, will it be you?

- This all sounds great, what's the catch?

For one, you will be representing the council. If we find you to be putting us in a poor light, either through your actions or words, you may be subject to excommunication. Any paid arrangements will be left to a council vote, and excommunication from the council is permanent unless a majority vote is reached to allow you back in.

Second, you must be constructive and present. We aren't looking for everyone to join us, only people whose goal is to further develop the character to any heights they can reach. We are all mains, so while constructive criticism is encouraged, we frown upon people who are senselessly or needlessly negative. Jokes are fine, but don't take it too far.

Those are the main guidelines. If you can follow those simple rules and keep common sense about you, you will find that this council will help you improve as a player, and carries some benefit to it as well!

- Where do I sign up?

You can post below, or ask any member of the Ferra/Torr character council to add you in. I am one, and any other members are free to identify as such below.

- "Secret councils stunt the meta, no secrets!"

While this is true, all tech will become public in time. After it has been tested, approved, and so on it will find itself upon the forum board like anything else. We ask if you do join that you respect the privacy of the members within, as we also speak casually and someone may not want something leaving the privacy of the council.

- "What if I find myself subbing F/T, or first mained them but switched mains?"

To hell with you! Kidding, of course. If you want to help develop the character, you can join in the council. Even if you find yourself only using them for select match-ups, or no longer wish to main them, we welcome you to join. Just know that if you are not representing the character, you cannot reap the benefits that come as a result.

- "Why such large benefits? Trying to buy friends?"

Not at all, rather those are opportunities to be gained. Nothing is promised, so if you join expecting a shirt and a flight you may find yourself disappointed. Still, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, so there is no real reason not to join.

The benefits are for one reason : To encourage players to be productive in their communities, with their characters. Too often are character forums left dead, and too much is left unexplored when forums are disorganized. Perhaps by providing the chance for incentive, players will be willing to work harder to find that new tech, to change that bad MU, to become a better player. Communities should exist to support their players, and this is my way of doing so.

Any other questions can be left below. All are welcome, lets get in gear and get ready for the game! Only 4 more months, and information is going to come pouring out with any luck.

Last edited:

PerezzGomeZ

I saw your girl staring homie
Most likely gonna main F/T,and use Goro as a secondary.Seeing as how he might not be allowed at tourneys
I live in Vegas so anyone going to evo who needs a room can chill at my place...not trying to bribe my way in or anything ;)

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Bane was one of my injustice mains, Torr will certainly be one of my mains in mkx. Would love to help developing the character from across the Atlantic

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Jesus a random spill of people. Council members have invite powers and I'm super busy but I'll try to get you guys in if I can or if you havent gotten in already.

Its all for the free T-shirts, isn't it.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Alright it's official. Sign me up.

Subby my main, and secondaries so far are Raiden and the Beast with the Lady on his back.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Wait, free t-shirts?

I'm in
Only for traveling representatives. Locals not counted (usually), but I might be persuaded to hand some out at CEO.
By then we will probably have a design set-up and ready to go for Team Torr.
I'll invite you if you are still interested, but the shirts only go if you are making distance. :p

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Only for traveling representatives. Locals not counted (usually), but I might be persuaded to hand some out at CEO.
By then we will probably have a design set-up and ready to go for Team Torr.
I'll invite you if you are still interested, but the shirts only go if you are making distance. :p
I might go to some EC events. I want to, could end up being a blow up.

Wow props to you guys. Hope the council goes well. Unfortunately I have no plans on maining F/T at all. The only chance is falling in love with them in training mode day 1, but I don't think it will happen.

I will however grind this M/U with my main and will try and help you guys out. But I cannot accept an invitation to council right now, it wouldn't be prudent.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Wow props to you guys. Hope the council goes well. Unfortunately I have no plans on maining F/T at all. The only chance is falling in love with them in training mode day 1, but I don't think it will happen.

I will however grind this M/U with my main and will try and help you guys out. But I cannot accept an invitation to council right now, it wouldn't be prudent.
Fair enough, we look forward to your cooperation in the future :)
If you do fall in love, don't be afraid to join us. Invitation is always open.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games

Waiting for...?

Dizzy gave me very good advice on choosing a main. I told him I would probably fall in love with someone before the game came out and just main them day 1. He said I should look at more characters day 1. So we agreed 3-5 range will probably be a good range. So day 1 MKX with 1 hour per character, I will be looking anywhere from 3-5 hours that night to choose my main.

Thats a weird way to pick a main.
I usually pick whoever is the worst and let the patches do my job for me while I accrue some form of fame for making tons of tech.
Hasn't failed yet.
Well MK9 is when I started competitive fighting games and I knew nothing. I chose Sheeva day 1 because I LOVED her telestomp.

Injustice I fell in love with Doomsday right when I saw the trailer. He had anti-air grab, a telestompish move, and armor like Sheeva. He was a great character to choose. Since I do plan on traveling to at least 5 MKX tournaments, high tier is a concern of mine. I actually think choosing top tier is a skill in itself. It shows you understand the meta of the game early. People who can tell what top tier is right away are amazing.

So for MKX I will actually try to choose top tier. I have never tried it before. I want to see how much I have learned over 2 full fighting games and see if I am smart enough to see what will be top tier. I will probably fail miserably but at least I can try. It will be fun for me to see how close I come.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Well MK9 is when I started competitive fighting games and I knew nothing. I chose Sheeva day 1 because I LOVED her telestomp.

Injustice I fell in love with Doomsday right when I saw the trailer. He had anti-air grab, a telestompish move, and armor like Sheeva. He was a great character to choose. Since I do plan on traveling to at least 5 MKX tournaments, high tier is a concern of mine. I actually think choosing top tier is a skill in itself. It shows you understand the meta of the game early. People who can tell what top tier is right away are amazing.

So for MKX I will actually try to choose top tier. I have never tried it before. I want to see how much I have learned over 2 full fighting games and see if I am smart enough to see what will be top tier. I will probably fail miserably but at least I can try. It will be fun for me to see how close I come.
In fairness, I knew top tier in the beginning of INJ.
It just took a while for the game to catch up, but lo and behold I was right about everything.
They mocked me, told me I didn't know what I was talking about... They laughed off my Injustice-remixed Dark Knight Rises quotes like it was a joke...
But it was no laughing matter. >:[

Like LBSH, I'm not saying people should be erecting gold statues or calling me a prophet but...

Bane: Mechanical Bats and Batarangs are powerful agents to the uninitiated... but we are initiated, aren't we Batman? Members of the Injustice roster!
[Lifts Batman by the neck]
Bane: And you betrayed us!
Batman: You weren't tourney viable... for a high level player!
[Bane viciously beats Batman and throws him to the ground]
Bane: I AM the tournament, and I'm here to fulfill Ra's al Ghul's destiny!
[Armors through Batman's wake-up with a command grab]
Bane: You fight like a newer player, with nothing held back. Admirable but mistaken.
[Batman jumps away to try and escape from Bane]
Bane: Oh, you think running is your ally. But you merely adopted the use; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't get in on the opponent until I was already a man, and then it was nothing to them but BREAKING!
[grabs Batman from the air and continues to beat him]
Bane: The frames betray you, because they belong to me!
[repeatedly punches Batman in the face, breaking his cowl]
Bane: I will show you where I have made my home while preparing to topple injustice. Then I will break you.
[hits b.3, knocking Batman into the mess hall of Arkham Asylum]
Bane: Your precious Mess Hall, gratefully accepted! We will need it.
[Batman desperately stands and swings at Bane]
Bane: Ah, yes... I was wondering what would break first...
[Bane activates super]
Bane: Your spirit, or your body?
[slams Batman on his knee for 54% raw damage]

*Later on...*
Batman: Why didn't you just... charge me?
Bane: You don't fear the charge... You welcome it. The punishments must be more severe.
Batman: Breaking?
Bane: Yes. But not of your body... Of your soul.
Batman: Where am I?
Bane: Mid-tier, where I learned the truth about despair, as will you. There's a reason why this tier is the worst hell on earth... Hope. Every man who has ventured here over the centuries has looked up to the High tiers and imagined climbing to freedom. So easy... So simple... And like Sheeva mains turning to Cyrax from uncontrollable desire, many have stopped trying. I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope. So, as I terrorize Injustice, I will feed its players hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe they can survive so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to "stay on the top." You can watch me torture an entire game and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill Ra's al Ghul's destiny... We will rule Injustice and then, when it is done and the tiers are in ashes, then you have my permission to die.

*At a later time*

Bane: We take Injustice from the high-tiered! The afraid! The oppressors of generations who have kept you down with myths of zoning, and we give it back to you... the mains! Injustice is yours. None shall interfere. Do as you please. Start by armoring through wake-ups, and breaking the supressed! Step forward those who would serve, for an army will be raised. The top tiered will be ripped from their decadent spots, and cast out into the cold world that we know and endure. Tourneys will be convened. Spoils will be enjoyed. Blood will be shed. The Bane users will survive, as they will serve true justice. This great game... it will endure. Bane will survive!

*in a later time still...*

Deathstroke: What. The hell. Is going on?
Bane: Our match is proceeding as expected.
Deathstroke: Oh really? Do *I* look like I'm at a disadvantage? Your hit, in the beginning of the match, it didn't work, my friend! And now you have my guns blazing around the screen at 24 hours a day! How exactly are you supposed to get in on this?
Bane: [Activates level 3 venom, then turns to the concept of Deathstroke being broken] Leave us!
Deathstroke: No! You stay here, I'm in charge!
Bane: [puts his hand on Deathstroke's shoulder] Do you *feel* in charge?
[The concept leaves]
Deathstroke: I have the best zoning in the game.
Bane: And this gives you *power* over me?
Deathstroke: What is this?
Bane: Your guns and sword attacks have been important... 'til now!
Deathstroke: What are you?
Bane: I'm Injustice's reckoning. Here to end the borrowed time you've all been living on!
Deathstroke: You're pure evil!
Bane: I'm *necessary* evil!
[breaks Deathstroke's spine; The concept fades away]
For once my "found it in may" catchphrase is justified. Also I mained Cyrax in MK9, and in all honesty I have a habit for picking top tiers. Injustice I was actually wrong and just too mechanically gimped to pick anyone that wasn't Bane, and luck was on my side.

Last edited: