What's new

Call of Duty Black Ops Discussion Thread

RoGE

Noob
Hmm? Well I think COD4 is on a higher level then MW2 for several reasons:
-The weapons were more challenging to use, especially when compared to the easy mode guns in MW2.
-Maps were better imo, less campy
-Killstreaks were less OP
-No nuke
-the weapons were more balanced, m16 being the only OP weapon
-Noob tube took up the first perk.

This is mostly from what I have seen from gameplay videos, I've only played splitscreen and I hated it .The list goes on and on lol

also http://blametruthproject.com/category/writings/articles/

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Good answer..

But most of what people hate are all in pubs.. You wont find any of that bs in GB's.. You can join gb's though one of the many sites that host MW2 tourneys or scrims.

BOSSETTE

Noob
So, I thought I wasn't going to get this game until a while until my brother surprised me with it this morning. :)
Buuuuut, MW2 seems like it MIGHT be better than Black Ops...

S-I-C

Brutal-Dedication
Yea, I had zero intention of buying soon but ended up buying it early this morning and I really dont care for it. It was way over rated, MW2 is much better.

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
I was not planning on getting it for a couple months later, but Dirty convinced me it was worth it in 2 sentences. LOL. I didn't need that much convincing :)

I, of course, did not have the funds to buy it. I started grabbing games to go trade in. When my girl gets home from work, I told her the plan and we were off to gamestop. We get about half way there and she asked me what games I was planning to trade in. I start naming off 6 games. She just turns to me and goes "You can't sell those games. I love playing those. You are not trading them in."

So, at this point, I'm thinking there is NO way I'm getting this game. I get ready to rebuttal, and before I can say anything she says," We are going to bestbuy instead and i'll get you the game there!"

My girl is the best!

Sorry for the rant back to the game.....

Overall, I liked it. A lot actually. The MP servers need a little work but nothing to bad. I did end up liking the fact that they took stopping power out of the game. The maps are great IMO, so many different ways to get to one spot. It does make it more intense knowing that someone could be coming from anywhere.

Respawns did seem sporadic at times, but then again the game did just come out so it's not like I know where they should be.

Contracts are a major plus.

OH ZOMBIES!!! nuff said.

I still gotta try out the wager matches and theater though.

The game is different from MW2, but Black Ops is still on-par with MW2. I will continue to play it and it will not be sold back to gamestop like W@W was.

Edit: Can't forget split screen MP online either. My girl was really happy about that.

Yea, I had zero intention of buying soon but ended up buying it early this morning and I really dont care for it. It was way over rated, MW2 is much better.
My friends says MW2 is better. They beat Black Ops the day it came out. Saw some of it, looks great.

RoGE

Noob
Meh, I like COD:BO much better then MW2, takes more skill to play and there much less BS (though that isn't saying that isn't any BS) some of the more competitive players are liking the game so far. I am still going to wait a while though before I get it, just in case there is some retarded exploit thats not going to be patch.

So far though, Treyarch >>>>>>>>> Infinityward.. Why? Because they actually support their game, fast to. They are already working on a patch.

Edit: For the spawn problem, you should just play domination, too bad you can't do it with parties, they said they are patching that to *fingers crossed*

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
So, I thought I wasn't going to get this game until a while until my brother surprised me with it this morning. :)
Buuuuut, MW2 seems like it MIGHT be better than Black Ops...

WHATTT? Plz explain to me how mw2 might be better than blops..

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Just rented Black Ops yesterday night. Haven't played the campaign, don't really care for it. If I end up buying the game I might try campaign mode, or if I want some achievements. Haven't tried the Zombie mode yet either, all I've played is multiplayer.

Cons:
-How long it takes to kill someone. One of the reasons CoD is different than Halo is because it's more of a twitch shooter, where the best reactions win basically.
-The maps aren't open enough. There is a few that are open, but most have narrow walkways and are close cornered. Which means you HAVE to have a sub machine gun.
-Claymores. They don't make the "click" sound anymore, it makes some low toned sound that is hard to hear. Which makes the claymores a lot better.
-You need a solid team. You can't really run solo anymore and dominate. This is because of the damage the guns do.
-It's hard to get a multi kill. Since the damage on the guns are so bad, it's hard to take out multiple enemies simultaneously.
-I've ran into soo many campers. I assume it's because you have to get the first shots on someone in order to win the gun battle.
-The knife seems really inconsistent. I've seen people lunge from commando ranges from MW2. Then I've seen people completely whiff when they were right next to me.

Pros:
-Haven't ran into many noob tubers. I guess when you take out One Man Army, tubes aren't as OP.
-I like how the kill streaks stop at 11. I hated all the kill streaks in MW2, it promoted camping way too much.
-There's more shooting skill. Since you have to shoot more times to kill people, the skill is greater now to out gun someone.
-The shotguns aren't retardedly OP anymore.
-The M16 is still great!

These are just my initial thoughts. I have to get used to the game and maps before I make more decisions.

S-I-C

Brutal-Dedication
Just rented Black Ops yesterday night. Haven't played the campaign, don't really care for it. If I end up buying the game I might try campaign mode, or if I want some achievements. Haven't tried the Zombie mode yet either, all I've played is multiplayer.

Cons:
-How long it takes to kill someone. One of the reasons CoD is different than Halo is because it's more of a twitch shooter, where the best reactions win basically.
-The maps aren't open enough. There is a few that are open, but most have narrow walkways and are close cornered. Which means you HAVE to have a sub machine gun.
-Claymores. They don't make the "click" sound anymore, it makes some low toned sound that is hard to hear. Which makes the claymores a lot better.
-You need a solid team. You can't really run solo anymore and dominate. This is because of the damage the guns do.
-It's hard to get a multi kill. Since the damage on the guns are so bad, it's hard to take out multiple enemies simultaneously.
-I've ran into soo many campers. I assume it's because you have to get the first shots on someone in order to win the gun battle.
-The knife seems really inconsistent. I've seen people lunge from commando ranges from MW2. Then I've seen people completely whiff when they were right next to me.

Pros:
-Haven't ran into many noob tubers. I guess when you take out One Man Army, tubes aren't as OP.
-I like how the kill streaks stop at 11. I hated all the kill streaks in MW2, it promoted camping way too much.
-There's more shooting skill. Since you have to shoot more times to kill people, the skill is greater now to out gun someone.
-The shotguns aren't retardedly OP anymore.
-The M16 is still great!

These are just my initial thoughts. I have to get used to the game and maps before I make more decisions.
I like these thoughts.

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Cons:

-You need a solid team. You can't really run solo anymore and dominate.

Pros:
-There's more shooting skill.
Pros are pretty much spot on.. Some of the cons are kinda noobish.. But I know you only just rented and played this game for a bit..

Solo

Shadow Priest
Me and my friend put our money together and bought Black ops. Reminds me of Battlefield. Most likely I'll play it a week and become bored of it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The game is fun but ONE bigtime flaw that nobody has mentioned, actually two.

Offline multiplayer has lack of options, they say you can modify and customize your options but it's not true.

It's very limited, you can't even tweak the time, amount of kills...it's lame. Max is 10 minutes which if playing with 3+ players sucks...not nearly enough time to mess around and lucky if you get a few kill streaks....and each class in offline 3 or 4 players it doesn't even show you which guns you have in yoru class so you have to memorize everything....MW2 this wasn't an issue. The 10 min limit thing though is the biggest issue....

My friends and I had a BIG issue with this yesterday while playing offline for hours, we rotated with GE for wii which is awesome.

They pretty much put tons of effort into the online as oppose to offline minus the campaign mode...but still I enjoy the game far better then Halo: Reach

S-I-C

Brutal-Dedication
Now that I've had a little more time with CoD BO, it's not as bad as I initially thought. MW2 is better, imo, but BO is good. The MO split screen online is kinda shitty, choppy, but maybe thats cause I need to get a bigger screen. idk. It's worth buying though.