What's new

Button Layout on a stick?

DARKazen

Noob
My personal button setup that I am in love with. (mind you I have 8 buttons on my stick, not 6)

1 2 3 MB
C X X X

The other buttons are pretty unimportant and I just use button combinations to get around them. 1+3 to throw, 1+2 for stage interaction, 2+3+MB for super, 1+2+3 for MB. I honestly only have MB assigned because you have to in order to use super moves, otherwise I wouldn't even assign it. So basically it plays very similar to UMvC3 for me, which is the game I'm coming from, and I only have to slightly shift my hand to the right to do supers.

I'm using one that I'm not overly happy with:

I, l, m, MB
Th, H, Tr, S

Probably going to swap MB & S to make MB a little more accessible for my little finger.

can someone tell me what button release is? it's on the controls settings screen and i'd like to know what on/off does for it.

can someone tell me what button release is? it's on the controls settings screen and i'd like to know what on/off does for it.
Button release is pretty much a technique called Negative edge. What happens is if you press and hold a button, do the motion for a special, and then release, the special will come out without having to whiff the normal. This technique is pretty well known in Capcom games like Street Fighter, but it got in the way of a lot of inputs in MK9, so they added this option so that people don't accidentally do moves.

I use

1 2 3
Inter. MB Throw Power

First three fingers on 123, thumb on MB for easy access to MB, Interact, and Throw. When I need Power I use my ring finger or pinky.

A friend of mine does what he calls "Guilty Gear style"

2 3 Power
1 MB

It's not so bad once you realize how many things can be performed via button combinations.

1+3 = Throw
1+2 = Interact
2+3 = Flip stance
2+3+MB = Super

Krafty Matt

KraftyMattKraft
I have been playing with:

1 2 3
T M S

Though I have been thinking of switching to:

1 2 M
3 T S

Throw position on 1 and 3, and same with Super would be a lot more comfortable.

Should be noted I only play with a 6 button stick.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2