What's new

[Build Ready] Remember that computer I said I was building? Here's the final build.

Why windows 8 over 7, serious question is it better, faster?
They cost the same amount of money, and Win8 is less of a resource hog than Win7. Plus I've used Win7 for years, time to try something (marginally) new. Metro isn't that bad and it's super easy to set Windows 8 up so you boot to desktop and NEVER even see metro. Non-issue, but everyone would rather talk shit about it and not learn how to get around it. Is it a problem that they try to shove Metro down your throat in the first place? Yes. Is it a problem you have to go out of your way to fix it? Yes. But at least the fix is easy and you get an OS that is arguably better than Win7 for very little effort. I've had WAY less problems getting all of my hardware/software to work properly on Win8 than I have had on my many previous Win7 installs. I'm happy with my choice.

THTB how can you recommend ubuntu for a build like this? It is obviously made for playing dem vidyas at ultra quality 1080p/high quality 1440p whenever I get a monitor capable. There aren't really any good games on Linux, look at the steam store. The best thing they have is, like, Amnesia. Lol. I'll happily spend $40 on a legit copy of Win8 to play my games without the hassle and performance hit of wine (assuming the games I want to play will even run in wine) and to use all of my favorite programs and applications unimpeded. Nothing wrong with Ubuntu, I have a 13.10 boot disk I keep lying around for whenever I break something and need to blow everything up and start over, but otherwise I find it pretty inferior to Windows in every way. Ubuntu's not bad... but it's not as good as windows at doing what I want my PC to do. <3

Do you just need a win8 Iso or the key as well?

If you just need a clean ISO I can hook you up. Just let me know which version you want.

Do you just need a win8 Iso or the key as well?

If you just need a clean ISO I can hook you up. Just let me know which version you want.
Well I have Win 8 Enterprise trial right now so I think I'm good. I'll just need a CD Key to activate my copy by early January.