What's new

General/Other Buff Wish List

after playing again after a while

harley needs a mix-up buff, she seriously needs it (why the hell does batman have a better mix-up game than her is beyond me) and i will go as far to say i would welcome a decent damage increase on her gun shots

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
I think any buffs are a little early now, although it seems like Harley is gonna need them. However, what does need changed is to lower the sensitivity input after her tantrum stance (back rolling after a wakeup tantrum makes me so sad), and the hitbox on her b2 needs to be a little higher. Floating characters like Superman, Sinestro, etc., have wonky hurt boxes making the range of b2 much shorter than it should be.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
However, what does need changed is to lower the sensitivity input after her tantrum stance (back rolling after a wakeup tantrum makes me so sad)
Stop holding back after TS input. Since back and forward are follow ups to TS, holding either one will count as "button presses" and prioritize over actual button follow ups.

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
Stop holding back after TS input. Since back and forward are follow ups to TS, holding either one will count as "button presses" and prioritize over actual button follow ups.
If I'm using TS for a combo it's no problem, but if I want to wake up with it... then I want to hold back to block in case I screw up the wake up timing.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
If I'm using TS for a combo it's no problem, but if I want to wake up with it... then I want to hold back to block in case I screw up the wake up timing.
That's fine and all, but I'm just saying, if you hold back, you are going to keep rolling back after TS.

LKG

Noob
Can she just please get a Trait? Every other character has one, why can't she?! I don't get it NRS. ;;

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
quote="Fergus, post: 854587, member: 13768"]I've found some corner oki stuff as well but was rendered useless due to the fact that down blocks both ways except for overheads :([/quote]

Harley seems to suffer from Camy syndrome from SF series.. Block low unless she is in the air and you win. I have seen other boards suggesting buffs for characters and some, like Bane for example, want to buff them to make them "S"uperman tier.. I do not think giving Harley's overhead more speed, or making her TS-1 option an overhead would BREAK her or even make her close to top tier.. God forbid a character like Harley can get close to you mix you up with an over head or two, and make you have to guess..especially in this game where other characters have all kinds of crazy shit going on...Couple that with a broken trait that should have never gone live, I don't think it is too much to ask.

i have an idea for the trait

get rid of the randomness, instead of a box full of tricks, it's her pockets full of tricks

forward trait nets you the bomb, leave as is
down trait nets you the rose, removing a few frames (like 10) of recovery nets you an instant 15% health gain
back trait nets you the joker picture, it's really fast now and can be cancelled into anything, but only gives harley a 7% damage buff (to make up for the lack of cooldown)

then make her TS~1 an overhead, double the damage on all her guns (only the first shot so they do 8% normal, 13% MB'd) and increase the hitbox on her d2 so she has an overhead

there, harley is now fixed

Nerf Her attribute but give us the choice to choose which one we want to pull. And a faster frame start up and finish.

bomb down to like 8ish%?

damage card 5ish?

The heal should be an instant burst of 4-5%. or less.

Her Trait is kinda garbage and a toss up/ Risk.

I really want to use it!

Eshi

Noob
Nerf Her attribute but give us the choice to choose which one we want to pull. And a faster frame start up and finish.

bomb down to like 8ish%?

damage card 5ish?

I really want to use it!
This is by far the most reasonable change to her trait. Keep the cooldown, make each one usable on command and lower their numbers. Makes perfect sense. Only thing that scares me is that unblockable bomb is potentially REALLY good if usable on command... though people can reversal out of knockdown resets, at least.

People are DRASTICALLY overrating the usefulness of TS > 1 being overhead. Okay, it's an overhead. Now what? Default to high block, low block TS > 2 on reaction. Either way it's still punishable and nothing has changed.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
People are DRASTICALLY overrating the usefulness of TS > 1 being overhead. Okay, it's an overhead. Now what? Default to high block, low block TS > 2 on reaction. Either way it's still punishable and nothing has changed.
I disagree... Making the player have to choose/read is a drastic change over the knowledge/discipline of just holding down. Harley's pressure can be very fluent and momentum based if done right.. Want to stop her, holding down shuts her down. If you have the knowledge/discipline to hold down, chances are you are going to be able to read the follow up overhead (F3), jump in attack or cross over jump. As of right now.. TS-1 is hitting people more on frame trap advantage other than a wrong guess/read (outside of hit confirm combo that is) the more people see it, the more they will just hold down throughout the whole attack and not try to hit her between jump kick and cartwheel/guns/handstand. There are 3 options out of TS, there should be 3 different options to have to block.. I don't think it's too much to ask for the different follow ups to have different properties.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit

bomb down to like 8ish%?

damage card 5ish?

I really want to use it!
The trait then gets broken the other way.. Her trait cool down comes back VERY fast.. Put that together with a majority of her combos pushing the opponent away.. And you have insta-heal every time trait pops... No big deal cause its 5% or less regen ? Okay.. So then that makes the Rose option useless.. Now, if she is playing a keep away game, pop the Joker picture for damage., able to do after any range Pop Pop, then continued pressure at higher damage.. 5% no big deal, since pistols do approx 4% normal on hit.. Totaling 9% total on picture buff.. If that is your thing.. Sure... But let's be real here.. With the dynamite option, no one is going to be using the other two.. And this is what people want.. "Control" of that dynamite.. I don't know man.. It just doesn't do it for me.. Clearly this trait was an oversight by the dev's.. And a fix is needed, but I would rather a new trait period than any fix they could issue. When compared to the other cast.. Even control of the bag, with adjusted "damage ratios" still seems sub par.

Eshi

Noob
I disagree... Making the player have to choose/read is a drastic change over the knowledge/discipline of just holding down.
Making TS > 1 an overhead doesn't force anyone to make a choice or read. It forces them to default to holding back and down backing on reaction to TS > 2, instead of defaulting to down back. Maybe I'm underestimating TS > 2's startup but it seems pretty slow and easily reactable to me. It would just be an auto-pilot mix-up that eats low level players, at high level play it would still be unsafe.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Making TS > 1 an overhead doesn't force anyone to make a choice or read. It forces them to default to holding back and down backing on reaction to TS > 2, instead of defaulting to down back. Maybe I'm underestimating TS > 2's startup but it seems pretty slow and easily reactable to me. It would just be an auto-pilot mix-up that eats low level players, at high level play it would still be unsafe.
I would say you are correct if the actual TS did not hit low or at all. But due to it hitting low, this is where the mix up comes in to have to raise up to block a 1 or stay crouched to block a 2. As the move works now. TS and follow-up are 2 separate moves that flow into each other, and both blocked the same way. At the start of he match.. Defense and reads are great.. But as time an life dwindles down, and the match is on the line.. Being cool under pressure tends to occur less and that is when people tend to make mistakes due to thinking too much about what they are going to do or become too risky trying to finish off the foe.

yea, TS~2 is pretty much useless because the opponent never has to stop crouch blocking, making TS~1 an overhead actually buffs both moves

and i did think about her trait, we can't make it not random so the only buff that it should get is make it so the joker picture and the rose would be safe in the same situations the bomb would be, for example:

after some knockdowns, you can get an unblockable set-up if you use the bomb, but are completely screwed if you get anything else, so now with this buff, if you get a rose or a picture, the only negative about them is that the opponent stood up, while yes this makes them really fast but the randomness of her trait balances them out

you could also add more cooldown to her trait after getting one of those

control of the trait makes sense to me F+trait=bomb, B+Trait=Roses, etc

Harley should seem random/unpredictable against the opponent, not the controller

Thinking more in depth about it, I actually wouldn't mind if each trait item was a one time use, as long as we got to pick what it was, and they had faster start up. Batman has strings he can cancel into his trait. Something similar would be nice for Harley. Plus the ability to choose which item would allow for a lot more setups.

serge

Noob
I see people saying that if you make her trait safe it will become one of the best in the game.
And?
Is that a problem? Why is it not ok for Harley to have one of the best trait in the game but it is fine for other characters like all the top tiers? (Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Black Adam, Doomsday, etc..)

Beside her trait I don't see any needed buff. Maybe a slight overhead buff like on F2 wouldn't hurt but it's not needed, her F3 is already godly imo.

she needs an overhead, her lack of an approach really hurts her against characters like green lantern, raven, hawgirl, grundy, characters with really good anti-airs, making her TS~1 an overhead buffs 2 moves at once and makes these match-ups a lot better, on top of all her other ones

she goes from A-/B tier to A+ pretty much from that one little buff

we just want a usable trait, it's the worst trait in the game because it's completely unusable

Eshi

Noob
I see people saying that if you make her trait safe it will become one of the best in the game.
And?
Is that a problem? Why is it not ok for Harley to have one of the best trait in the game but it is fine for other characters like all the top tiers? (Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Black Adam, Doomsday, etc..)

Beside her trait I don't see any needed buff. Maybe a slight overhead buff like on F2 wouldn't hurt but it's not needed, her F3 is already godly imo.
doomsday's trait is actually extremely bad once people learn to stun lock him with fast jabs/strings

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
she needs an overhead, her lack of an approach really hurts her against characters like green lantern, raven, hawgirl, grundy, characters with really good anti-airs, making her TS~1 an overhead buffs 2 moves at once and makes these match-ups a lot better, on top of all her other ones

she goes from A-/B tier to A+ pretty much from that one little buff

we just want a usable trait, it's the worst trait in the game because it's completely unusable
I think a quicker overhead..or something that hits overhead during her strings is not too much to ask for.. I think your use of her in tier due to this is too grateful.. She would still mid-tier, but with more viable or (GASP) AN option once in close ( God for F'ing bid) Much tech still lays hidden!! Lets do this!