What's new

BTBB99 Wins Shinnok's Sirkle of Terror, Mortal Kombat II Tournament!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Tonight marked the culmination of an 8 month project to bring the MK2 online community back together for one last time before the end of the current generation of gaming. All things considered, I'd have to say that it was a success.

A huge congratulations to btbb99 for surviving the wheel and taking home first place and his choice of $500 cash. Sub0's-Icy-Balls turned the Sirkle into the Wheel of Fortune; landing on low tier and mirror matches (granting him Subby twice) and turned it into a 2nd place finish and a $100 GameStop gift card. Rounding out the top 3 was CUKO28 who took out dookiebrain in the 3rd place match to win a $50 GameStop gift card.

I'm pleased to say that based on viewer feedback, THE SIRKLE WILL BE RETURNING IN THE (hopefully) NEAR FUTURE. UMK3 or MK9 will likely be the next game to be graced with the presence of the wheel.

I would also like to give a huge shoutout and thanks to both Ththuvhul and 9.95 for their tremendous efforts in providing the stream and the prizes. Without their support, there is no way this tournament would have been as successful as it was. Ththuvhul is owed a great deal of credit for donating close to a $1000 in prizes. He and I came up with the idea for the event and it obviously paid off. and Phil, of course, needs no explanation for his assistance and guidance with streaming. I learned how to Skype for the first time and take my TO skills to the next level. All I did was promote the hell out of this, contribute the graphic, and a video as well.

sirkle.jpg

Congrats once again to the top finishers and thanks to everyone who supported this tournament and watched it on stream. I hope to see this kind of thing continue and keep the community alive and connected.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I wasn't able to watch, but I'm very anxious to check out the videos when they go online! You guys have about blown my mind with how much work, time and money you put in to this. I'm honored just to be able to promote this post! :)

Reactions: MKB

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
You really went Sub vs his Mileena? Oh man! Your Shang probably would have done better, Sub just gets whomped by Mileena. You know that!
Well I didn't watch the videos yet lol maybe you tried using Shang... but see this is why you need to work on your top tier. Often in tournaments Mileena Liu and Jax are the keys to victory!

In any event, you can always say you finished better than me in a tournament :rolleyes:

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
It's looking like MK9 will be next to get the Sirkle. We can talk later next week about ideas.
Let me know if there's an UMK3 one. Normally I'd have no chance, but hey if the big boys land on Noob or Shinnok there's always hope for my scrubby UMK3 ass!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Let me know if there's an UMK3 one. Normally I'd have no chance, but hey if the big boys land on Noob or Shinnok there's always hope for my scrubby UMK3 ass!
Regardless of which game gets the Sirkle next, it's getting a makeover. Some spaces need to be tweaked and modified a bit.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Good work, guys. Very very happy & proud of how it turned out.

I just hope MK9 isn't the next one. Need to focus on other games that haven't got the attention MK9 has. :)

Sent from The Turk

Reactions: MKB

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
You really went Sub vs his Mileena? Oh man! Your Shang probably would have done better, Sub just gets whomped by Mileena. You know that!
Well I didn't watch the videos yet lol maybe you tried using Shang... but see this is why you need to work on your top tier. Often in tournaments Mileena Liu and Jax are the keys to victory!

In any event, you can always say you finished better than me in a tournament :rolleyes:
Yeah if you plan to have success against a top tier Mileena, you have to mirror her or go Kang and Raiden. Subby will get eaten alive unless he faces a spam happy Mileena and can ice her mid air.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Yeah if you plan to have success against a top tier Mileena, you have to mirror her or go Kang and Raiden. Subby will get eaten alive unless he faces a spam happy Mileena and can ice her mid air.
Jax is also excellent against Mileena. You just have to get good at ground pounding under her sai which is very hard to learn (and deal with in lag).
So yeah Mileena, Liu or Raiden are probably your best choices.
But poor Sub will be lucky to win 1 out of 10 vs an elite Mileena.