What's new

SALTY Bradycast

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
What if you've been consistent in pointing out how unbalanced certain things are from the beginning?

I don't mind playing a character whose not top 10. I don't mind struggling in certain match ups (I mean it sucks, but I can deal). I'll continue to play Jacqui and maybe pick up a secondary or explore her other variations further.

I just want to be able to turn around and say mate, that's so bullshit and for the opponent to be like, yeah I know haha. I fully acknowledge the bullshit that my character has.

I don't want someone to come back at me with, "Just use a different character bro, it's fine." Because the reality is, certain things aren't fine. Certain things in this game are overwhelmingly powerful tools and should be toned down. Whether or not they actually will, I just want people to acknowledge the hand they've been dealt. Instead of telling me that shit's fine and fair and I just suck and get good.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Guys, Tom is done, this is the last Bradycast. Also wrestling is real, the Moon landing was fake and you should preorder Half-Life 3 cause it's coming out any time now.
Savage af.

who are "they"? Tom likes to think that the entire community is a singular entity that uses all accounts on tym and twitch.
"They" is a word used to refer to a group of people or beings, specified in a conversation or discussion. In this cast Tom specified this group as those who say 'pick a better character' when they play now-top-tier characters, even though in the past they have said 'your character is unfair' when they played a character that was not top (or just generally high tier).

Yes I'm being a smartass, but Tom can't even finish a sentence without someone making a comment like 'Tom likes to think this is how it is'. The dude has probably done ten times more for the Mortal Kombat scene than you have.

What if you've been consistent in pointing out how unbalanced certain things are from the beginning?

I don't mind playing a character whose not top 10. I don't mind struggling in certain match ups (I mean it sucks, but I can deal). I'll continue to play Jacqui and maybe pick up a secondary or explore her other variations further.

I just want to be able to turn around and say mate, that's so bullshit and for the opponent to be like, yeah I know haha. I fully acknowledge the bullshit that my character has.

I don't want someone to come back at me with, "Just use a different character bro, it's fine." Because the reality is, certain things aren't fine. Certain things in this game are overwhelmingly powerful tools and should be toned down. Whether or not they actually will, I just want people to acknowledge the hand they've been dealt. Instead of telling me that shit's fine and fair and I just suck and get good.
It doesn't matter though. Lets say that hypothetically that you are right, it doesn't and won't change anything. The best possible thing to do for yourself, the game, and the community is decide what you are playing for. If you are playing to win majors and chasing that #1 spot, the best thing you can do is choose a character that gives you that chance. If you just want to play the character you enjoy most and are ok with shooting for a few top 8's, then keep playing who you want and do the best you can.

"They" is the word I use to mean the people who which I am talking about. Because it is so many, I use the word "they". "They" does not mean the entire community nor did I say it did.
You often generalize your entire stream but saying shit like "298 little are in here saying I'm bad so I must be bad" so when you don't really speak to people directly, your use of the word they becomes a bit of a generalization to me.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”

Agreed, i do hate the "pick a diff character/why dont you just play X character" portions of discussions..its almost like ppl dont want to face their own daft logic or havnt been in a situation to do so yet.

But yea i play Jacqui and i dont mind the grind, shes got decent stuff but still has clown shoes type match ups etc...but in the end I dont mind i just give ppl the "what m8te" face when folks tell me to pick up another character and dont admit some aspects of the game are indeed BS..

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
It doesn't matter though. Lets say that hypothetically that you are right, it doesn't and won't change anything. The best possible thing to do for yourself, the game, and the community is decide what you are playing for. If you are playing to win majors and chasing that #1 spot, the best thing you can do is choose a character that gives you that chance. If you just want to play the character you enjoy most and are ok with shooting for a few top 8's, then keep playing who you want and do the best you can.
It's not about changing anything though. It's about people acknowledging what they've got. Like I just want you to realise it's not fair. I don't care if you can't change it. Keep abusing your bullshit by all means. I'm not going to tell you how to play the game. If you're winning it means you're doing something right. Just stop telling me that it's all fair and that my character is broke when you're playing fricken Mileena, D'Vorah or Johnny.