What's new

Boxy Theory: Havik is the Big Bad of MKX.

Who's The Big Bad?

• Havik.

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Reiko.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Super Shinnok.

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Super Kotal.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mileena.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Onaga.

• No Idea.

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Evil Liu.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Evil Super Tag Team Combo.

• Total voters

Dark

Noob
I'm thinking Havik and Reiko are just comic villains and wont appear in the game (unless they are DLC)

Just imagine.. the Havik/Reiko blood god plot is the major plot of the game and one of them are the big bad..

If that happens.. How will the comic continue through it's lifespan? Will they just completely drop the blood god plot to save it for the game despite everything building up to it?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Would you plz explain.
We've discussed it in the comic discussion thread, if you want to know then ask there because some people might not want it spoiled here.
I'm thinking Havik and Reiko are just comic villains and wont appear in the game (unless they are DLC)

Just imagine.. the Havik/Reiko blood god plot is the major plot of the game and one of them are the big bad..

If that happens.. How will the comic continue through it's lifespan? Will they just completely drop the blood god plot to save it for the game despite everything building up to it?
They have another two whole volumes planned/done already...

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Shao kahn should be an option. Its so obvious to me he will be there in the end.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME

That's why I firmly believe this isn't going to be the last installment in the series.

This reboot has covered almost EVERYTHING major that took place in the original MK1-Armageddon story, right?
Even in details as seemingly insigficant as Quan Chi carrying Moloch's head, they've made it a point to touch on every angle of the 6 realms in some way or another.

Which means it stands to reason that, somewhere down the line between X and the eventual 2nd attempt at closing out the saga, you can't logically end the story without going back to one very important place and angle: the Pyramid of Argus, and the Blaze contest, to determine the fate of the realms forever.
Shao Kahn, it seems, is dead and staying that way for the time being. Which means someone new is going to eventually be vying for its power.
Which means Blaze, Taven, Bo Rai Cho, Ashrah, and any/everyone else who still have a role to play will be of use later on. So in the meantime, if you're still one big piece away from a finished story, you need a Boba Fett to bring your Empire to an end before you can gather the remaining pieces and plot out Return of the Jedi.

It's Havik.

Dark

Noob
We've discussed it in the comic discussion thread, if you want to know then ask there because some people might not want it spoiled here.

They have another two whole volumes planned/done already...
I realize that. I mean IF they had to save the Havik/Reiko thing for the game. They wouldn't be setting it up like this in the comic, because if they were the major bosses of the game.. They would have to completely drop that storyline so it could be done in game despite all the setting up in the comic.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
You can literally bullshit your way into making anybody seem like the big bad.

I think Raiden or Liu Kang just so they can kill them off and move forward with more new characters.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO

Well Reiko did say it would take a long time to get all the daggers, so there's still tons of story from there since they are spread out a ton. Plus there will be tons of story archs for characters not in the game and origin stories too for people.

We'll know the whole story and boss before the comic is even close to ending, doesnt mean the journey to MKX can't be great even if you know who the boss is. the comic will show us why and how he got to that point.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
My guesses are either Liu Kang, Shinnok, or Shang Tsung.

And my last guess would be Sindel.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I realize that. I mean IF they had to save the Havik/Reiko thing for the game. They wouldn't be setting it up like this in the comic, because if they were the major bosses of the game.. They would have to completely drop that storyline so it could be done in game despite all the setting up in the comic.
Shawn has said on Twitter that it intertwines with the main story of the game (ie the new gen of SF).

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I honestly would be 100% happier if Havik and Reiko came in a DLC deal as regular dudes eventually, and I finally got my dream scenario of either Shinnok or Quan Chi and Liu Kang as the NEW Deadly Alliance. The only reason I leave Quan out of the big bad argument is because he's going to be too busy being hunted by Scorpion. Another returning major story point from last time.

But my theories keep leading back to Havik.

Interesting theory, and I would mark the fuck out if Havik were to somehow be the Big Bad seeing as he's in my Top 3 MK characters ever, but it seems too far fetched. Especially seeing as how Havik has never really had a majorly significant role in the story.

I'm still thinking it's Liu Kang, despite his recent leaked bio showing he still wishes to save Earthrealm. Either him or Shang Tsung. This is just my own far fetched theory here but, it's Shang Tsung; the guy's entire character is to cheat death and deviously make his way to the top despite who's in the way. For him to come back out of nowhere and be the Big Bad makes almost as much sense as Liu Kang going rogue and taking on a MK Deception Raiden like role.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Interesting theory, and I would mark the fuck out if Havik were to somehow be the Big Bad seeing as he's in my Top 3 MK characters ever, but it seems too far fetched. Especially seeing as how Havik has never really had a majorly significant role in the story.

I'm still thinking it's Liu Kang, despite his recent leaked bio showing he still wishes to save Earthrealm. Either him or Shang Tsung. This is just my own far fetched theory here but, it's Shang Tsung; the guy's entire character is to cheat death and deviously make his way to the top despite who's in the way. For him to come back out of nowhere and be the Big Bad makes almost as much sense as Liu Kang going rogue and taking on a MK Deception Raiden like role.
It wouldn't surprise me a bit. My only catch with all of this is whether or not I'm right about MKX is leading to an epic finale in an eventual MK11, in which case it would make the most sense as far as how to bridge the gap. But for all I know they could blow the Pyramid to smithereens and go a brand new direction and I'd be even more excited.

Big Frog

Noob
I just want Havik to be playable. His moves and sound effects could be insane in this game, and would rather him over Jaqui ANY day. Could you imagine a remake of the pencil sharpener fatality? Fuuuu

He has to make it in right? DLC?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I just want Havik to be playable. His moves and sound effects could be insane in this game, and would rather him over Jaqui ANY day. Could you imagine a remake of the pencil sharpener fatality? Fuuuu

He has to make it in right? DLC?
Omfg. Havik Fatalities...bro, if they'll let Takeda get that nasty, imagine the kind of gruesome stuff Havik could get away with.

I want him to make it. I want Ashrah way way more, but if she isn't on the guest list, he'd be a solid consolation prize.

Shang Tsung will return as a possible boss I'm guessing, NRS is known for leaving a few surprises on the disc once its released.