What's new

Bottom 5 Character Project

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I really have to disagree with Stryker being below Kano, that doesn't make any sense. Stryker has roughly the same speed normals, equal if not better mixups, higher damage, better zoning (Kano's knives are garbage now) and actual applicable armor on roll. He's extremely under explored, but I totally disagree with him being worse than Kano.

Pre-nerfed Kano, oh yes...significantly better. Kano was a monster when knives were fast and up ball had a few less frames on it. Pre-buffed Stryker couldn't cut the mustard. Everyone's looking at these characters as to what they used to be though. If Kano had his old knife speed and his EX horizontal ball had a standard input and that armor could be used consistently, I would place him higher, but it isn't there. On top of his lousy damage he's just not that great anymore.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
i agree with stryker being better than kano but i do think that people might but him higher because he has been played more and people have experienced the worst he has to offer. stryker is good now and but since there is such a stigma about him no one is willing to explore him but vulcan hades. quan chi had mayo to pull him up, scorpion had slips and red djinn, we as players are really gonna have to explore these characters for them to move up, every but sub-zero im biased and said that man was ass long ago

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
the argument of this person did this or that really does change tier list placings cause even 1 new strategy could effect that characters matchups like quan's mayo trap when shujinkdink hit me with one of quan's set ups the machup for my character changed in my mind. or scorpions void wich allows him to take your wake-up and reset you that changes things. personally the only character i feel that should be way higher in the tier list is sektor that man is secret.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
the argument of this person did this or that really does change tier list placings cause even 1 new strategy could effect that characters matchups like quan's mayo trap when shujinkdink hit me with one of quan's set ups the machup for my character changed in my mind. or scorpions void wich allows him to take your wake-up and reset you that changes things. personally the only character i feel that should be way higher in the tier list is sektor that man is secret.
Sektor is a fucking beast!

GNG Iniquity

Who the hell put Sektor in their bottom 5 and were they trolling??
The reality is, all of Sektor's strings whiff high, people don't take advantage of it. Sektor inevitably will hit a brick wall once everyone starts utilizing that, it's the fault of the 3d hitboxes but what can you do?

I personally feel that Sektor is best as a reactionary character, but that's me. However, I don't play Sektor that way, I play a rushdown orientated Sektor where all my strings whiff and can be punished..but again nobody does that - yet.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
The reality is, all of Sektor's strings whiff high, people don't take advantage of it. Sektor inevitably will hit a brick wall once everyone starts utilizing that, it's the fault of the 3d hitboxes but what can you do?

I personally feel that Sektor is best as a reactionary character, but that's me. However, I don't play Sektor that way, I play a
rushdown orientated Sektor where all my strings whiff and can be punished..but again nobody does that - yet.

really so i can just block low to avoid most of his stuff i mean i played red djinn's sektor and i tried it sometimes but i just couldn't see that his combos whiffed high. thanks for that imma try it ou the next time i play one

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
man the sektors are running a contest on who can who can do the most damage in one reset i know they are cause everyday i swear im guessing a new reset and how to get out of it and everyday they get stronger and stronger also i think sektor belongs in the a tier and that smoke doesn't belong there. the reasoning behind it is that smoke doesn't have any kind of low and that means he has no mix up the only thing he can do i generic lows and tick throws. i mean he can throw smoke balls and he has some good strings with some good advantage and the reset,but once you learn what his optios to follow those up are he is easily beaten. if im wrong then please correct me but i fell like he is high or mid b tier

Stryker is more tournament viable than the following characters:

-Jade
-Noob
-Sub-Zero
-Kano
-Baraka
-Sheeva
-Ermac
-Cyber Sub-Zero
-Nightwolf

Not saying Stryker is better. Just saying he has way better chances vs top tier and popular characters.

Stryker is the only zoner in the game that cannot be counter-zoned effectively. He can be outzoned but not counter-zoned. And all the characters you logically think might be good counter-picks against Stryker, are not. Which makes him really awesome in my book. :)

GNG Iniquity

I personally feel that Sektor is best as a reactionary character, but that's me. However, I don't play Sektor that way, I play a
rushdown orientated Sektor where all my strings whiff and can be punished..but again nobody does that - yet.

really so i can just block low to avoid most of his stuff i mean i played red djinn's sektor and i tried it sometimes but i just couldn't see that his combos whiffed high. thanks for that imma try it ou the next time i play one
214 - the 2 whiffs high
12b1 - 1 and 2 whiff high
122 - 1 and 2 whiff high
11b1 - 11 whiff high
f44 - second 4 whiffs high
f43 - the 3 whiffs high
b34 - the 4 whiffs high

So for the majority of his strings, all you have to do is mindlessly block low and hit him. His safe options are F2, b2, b21, b3 and u3+4. You really have no incentive not to block low against Sektor, if you see his knee lift, he's going to hit you with a mid - which is very obvious. It is however safe on block if you don't connect the TU following it; which I do not recommend doing as you cannot hit confirm it. Sektor's got more holes in his strings than Swiss cheese.

Stryker is the only zoner in the game that cannot be counter-zoned effectively. He can be outzoned but not counter-zoned. And all the characters you logically think might be good counter-picks against Stryker, are not. Which makes him really awesome in my book. :)
Tellin' you man, they're sleeping on him. I'm going to pick him up because I like representing the little guys and blowing people up with allegedly bad characters.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I disagree with Stryker being more viable than Liu at the time, but otherwise I agree. Very underrated character and has untapped potential.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
i mean we dont know what stryker can i mean honestly who plays with him.... if vulcan hades says he is we should at least hear him out i dont think he is more viable than "imma just hit three buttons kang" but i give him the benefit of the doubt. just asking a quick question my friends keep saying scorpion should be higher cause he 1. does an assload of dmg 2. he has really good mix-up, and hree as 16-bit noted with slips he has a good jip. now i think personally he is fine where he is, but im not slips or elc or pimpuigi so idk.

Death

Noob
Possibly of a JIP where it jails but if you try and stagger the B+3 then do B+34 the 4 will whiff and is combo punishable.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
well smoke cant properly zone him with smoke balls cause stryker can roll those on reaction, and he can bait teleport punches from him so he has to be careful in that matchup. like its not the guns he has to worry about its stryker baiting out a response to something that smoke has to be worried about. thats my analysis form watching my friends play at my apt.

GNG Iniquity

lol @ stryker being more viable then Liu kang and a few others when Liu Kang is almost a top 10 character. smh
Yeah, Liu is certainly a bit more viable than Stryker - but the other assessments I'd say are valid. While I'm not dismissing that Liu isn't a bad character people are very familiar with him. Who hasn't learned to block low, high, high at this point? The 2 in 213 also whiffs high. Negates both of his main strings. Sure, you can still get whacked by his f3, and it's likely that F43 will occasionally hit you as well since that string isn't used as commonly. He's not a bad character by any means, he recovers stupid fast, builds meter like a demon and requires little execution to play outside of iAFs. Certainly a great entry character who can contend rather well.

Liu is certainly in the top 8-10.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Mileena and Smoke cannot counter-zone Stryker?

Please elaborate.
I dont see how mileena would counter zone.

the smoke bomb would be effective, but it would be a trade.

I think Stryker fits perfectly into the middle of the roster. he is a zoning character by trade, but alot of his moves are safe, the speed of them is a setback tho. Only reason ppl rate him low tier is cuz no one has used him imo.

Bottom 5:

Sheeva
Sindel
skarlet
rain
Cyber Sub zero

Cyrax would be #6 for me. my mind has been changed on sektor due to the copious amounts of STB scrubbies that have been beasting me with him lately.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
man the sektors are running a contest on who can who can do the most damage in one reset i know they are cause everyday i swear im guessing a new reset and how to get out of it and everyday they get stronger and stronger also i think sektor belongs in the a tier and that smoke doesn't belong there. the reasoning behind it is that smoke doesn't have any kind of low and that means he has no mix up the only thing he can do i generic lows and tick throws. i mean he can throw smoke balls and he has some good strings with some good advantage and the reset,but once you learn what his optios to follow those up are he is easily beaten. if im wrong then please correct me but i fell like he is high or mid b tier
I feel like sektor is better but not because smoke isn't really good, just because sektor is better. Smoke doesn't have a low, but if you get hit by him he makes you pay, and all of his moves have fantastic range! He has smoke bomb frame traps, great tick throws, and teleports after knockdowns lead to must block situations.