What's new

Boon teases at Injustice patch w/ Lobo's upgrades, Shazam, Bane coming soon

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Last time I made a buff thread I had forum mods and people who don't even play Nightwing in there trolling and telling me to level up.

TakeAChance actually had my back with some buff suggestions of his own. lol.

If CD Prime goes to TFC and places Top 8 with Nightwing - I will forever hold that shit. But a Nightwing main hasn't been seen anywhere near a Top 16 since week 3 and I believe he needs fixes and a few changes.
What does he need? A low starter?

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
What does he need? A low starter?

Here are some buff suggestions that many would call unreasonable, but I stand by them.

Staff d1
The nerf was unwarranted. Staff stance is a gimmick in it's current form.

Scatterbombs changes:
This is an anti air special with 31 frames of startup. Bringing this down to 9-12 frames and extending the vertical hitbox would solve a lot of Nightwing's problems.

MB Staff Spin
Fix MB Staff Spin to strike mid on all opponents.

Escrima Fury Glitch
Sometimes Escrima Fury will strike characters like Shazam or Green Lantern, and the attack will whiff. This needs to be corrected.

And here is a buff that a lot of people would lose their shit over.

Escrima B3
Extend the hitbox of Escrima b3 just by a few pixels. Presently, NW players can do meterless Escrima Fury into B3 for ~39-41% but the timing is incredibly strict (like b12 d1 czar toss strict). By extending the hitbox just minutely this would give Nightwing Top 5 level meterless damage at a more reasonable risk/reward ratio.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Lobo's main weakness, which is what was address with his buffs, is his difficultly in getting in on an opponent. His ability to overcome zoners was lacking more than anything. That is what the buffs improved.
I fail to see how these buffs help Lobo overcome Zoning, so Hook Charge has two points of armor, it appears the armor will still come out AFTER Lobo swings the overhead chain, he'll still get zoned hard before that armor comes out.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I fail to see how these buffs help Lobo overcome Zoning, so Hook Charge has two points of armor, it appears the armor will still come out AFTER Lobo swings the overhead chain, he'll still get zoned hard before that armor comes out.
*points to improved start up*...

OnlineRon91

Joker++
it does, b1~MB grave rot,112 as a example,
WOW ;)

I see your point. I come from a SF4 background, where you only call links when your using normals exclusively. Ryu's cr.MP, cr.HK for example.

I wasn't aware that combos like the one you mentioned where specials are used in between normals are still called links.

But I digress, I'm rather new to TYM so the jargon used is slightly different and I'm getting use to it :)

Thanks for the info.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
I see your point. I come from a SF background, where you only call links when your using normals exclusively. Ryu's cr.MP, cr.HK for example.

I wasn't aware that combos like the one you mentioned where specials are used in between normals are still called links.

But I digress, I'm rather new to TYM so the jargon used is slightly different and I'm getting use to it :)

Thanks for the info.
Yea, the jargon can throw off a lot of people.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Yea, the jargon can throw off a lot of people.

Yea I'm sure there aren't that many links in this game anyways. Linking normals are so fundamental to SF4 that seeing how much recovery normals had in Injustice lead to believe that there weren't any to begin with. Hell, I still think linking normals from normals is impossible in Injustice unless someone can shed some light on that.

Yea I'm sure there aren't that many links in this game anyways. Linking normals are so fundamental to SF4 that seeing how much recovery normals had in Injustice lead to believe that there weren't any to begin with. Hell, I still think linking normals from normals is impossible in Injustice unless someone can shed some light on that.
Not that I know of any in Injustice. My current knowledge of the mechanics tells me that even if you have enough advantage on hit to possibly link into normals from normals, the opponent will be able to block in between the "link", despite the hit stun not allowing them to do anything.

I know for certain that one character in MK9, Kratos (PS3-exclusive), can link a couple of his normals into other normals with the use of Hermes Dash Cancels.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Not that I know of any in Injustice. My current knowledge of the mechanics tells me that even if you have enough advantage on hit to possibly link into normals from normals, the opponent will be able to block in between the "link", despite the hit stun not allowing them to do anything.

I know for certain that one character in MK9, Kratos (PS3-exclusive), can link a couple of his normals into other normals with the use of Hermes Dash Cancels.
Yup. If you hit them with a normal and just watch, they are in hit stun for a good while. The frame on which you hit a non-linking normal, they can immediately block/attack/etc.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I see your point. I come from a SF4 background, where you only call links when your using normals exclusively. Ryu's cr.MP, cr.HK for example.

Thanks for the info.

damn, thats one of the most adult responses ive heard on here for a bit.
feel like a ass for my making fun wow comment

yea i get what u mean,links/strings do work very very different coming from SF lingo

OnlineRon91

Joker++
damn, thats one of the most adult responses ive heard on here for a bit.
feel like a ass for my making fun wow comment

yea i get what u mean,links/strings do work very very different coming from SF lingo
It's quite alright, I was a bit arrogant myself when I was actually just misinformed lol.

Very different indeed, strings are pretty much nonexistent in sf4. Only a few characters have these strings called target combos and most are useless in high level play. Where as in Injustice, strings play a much bigger role.

So from what I have been reading in some of these posts - there are more buffs for Lobo aside from the ones being featured in this pic? (Where did you guys read/hear this?)

EGGXI

Scary Bat
So from what I have been reading in some of these posts - there are more buffs for Lobo aside from the ones being featured in this pic? (Where did you guys read/hear this?)
People are assuming because Boon said "here's a taste of the buffs" implying it's not all the buffs he will be receiving.