What's new

Boon hints at July 12 (EVO) Mortal Kombat X Character Reveal

How do you know?
He's right.
Mr. Boon is now referencing the number 10 in his tweets
For such a kreative use of the MK characters, its hard to believe this person misspel1ed K0mbat.
RT @BlakerockSmyth @noobde any chance of getting some old MK games on #PSN to pass the time? EB: Online component hard to br1ng 0ver.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I have a feeling this will be more than just a character reveal.

I'm willing to bet right now that we'll get that news on the constant online environment they've been talking about.

Its Evo so the crowd appreciates fighting games 1,000,000 times more than the E3 crowd. It'd be a wasted opportunity if they didn't announce something big that the FGC would love.

gosoxtim

Noob
I have a feeling this will be more than just a character reveal.

I'm willing to bet right now that we'll get that news on the constant online environment they've been talking about.

Its Evo so the crowd appreciates fighting games 1,000,000 times more than the E3 crowd. It'd be a wasted opportunity if they didn't announce something big that the FGC would love.
I could also see two characters announced as well along with other stuff

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Did Killer Instinct have an exhibition at EVO last year where Max and a developer played a couple matches?

Maybe we will get something along those lines. I want to see Boon playing. :joker:

lol I just saw that, NOOO!! No more Kung Lao!! lol At least they said MK 11, which tells me he won't be in MK X(I hope lol) Thanks though!
I'm not too worried about Kung Lao or any other top tier character in MKX. KL in MK9 was busted because he had everything and the kitchen sink, at least in MKX his tools will be distributed between variations and hopefully minimizing brokeness.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Boon counting down like that definitely makes me think more than 1 character could be revealed. Maybe it's going to be two characters who are rivals like

Ermac/Kenshi
Raiden/Shinnok
Ashrah/Nitara
Hotaru/Havik

SZSR

Noob
Since Legacy ? I don't know. They have a connection in the story or something. Feel free to leave them out.
Ermac and Kenshi were allies in the 3D MKs, after the death of Shao Kahn Ermac was messed up since he was the reason the souls were binded together and Kenshi freed him from that influence. As a result, Ermac taught Kenshi more advanced Telekinetic techniques (that's why Kenshi has Telekinetic lift later on in the MK story and not in MK9).

gosoxtim

Noob
Ermac and Kenshi were allies in the 3D MKs, after the death of Shao Kahn Ermac was messed up since he was the reason the souls were binded together and Kenshi freed him from that influence. As a result, Ermac taught Kenshi more advanced Telekinetic techniques (that's why Kenshi has Telekinetic lift later on in the MK story and not in MK9).
thank you unless they going a different route if kenshi and ermacare both in then they are not rivals for now

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm not too worried about Kung Lao or any other top tier character in MKX. KL in MK9 was busted because he had everything and the kitchen sink, at least in MKX his tools will be distributed between variations and hopefully minimizing brokeness.
True, that's why I hated him couldn't have said it better myself. He had WAY too many moves, I like to call him "anybody tier" lol in MK 9 meaning a 5th grader could play him and win easily. But good point if he does return some how, I definitely see his moves being limited per style/variation.

Yeah lol that was Ermac's way of saying thanks to Kenshi for freeing him. I'm sure Ermac will be good in this game or independent/neutral.